Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Boxing About to Ask Fans to Dig Deeper Than Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still amazing to me how Floyd managed to finesse $700 million dollars vs Pacquiao in one of the most lackluster fights ever. that man is a genius.

The Super Bowl is free but I'm supposed to pay for boxing? shiiiit.

Besides there's only 1-2 big fights per year.

Comment

I love boxing and fell in love with the sport while watching Big John Tate getting startched by Mike Weaver in 1980 on free tv. I subscribe to HBO and Showtime mostly for the fights. I rarely watch them live because with a family and hectic work schedule I can't stay up until 12 or 1 waiting for a fight and still function the next day. I can find any fight I want online any time I want. 70, 80 or 100 dollars for a PPV is absurd and boxing will continue to be its own worst enemy. The more promoters find money to squeeze from the fan base the more I will find ways to watch it in alternative method.

Comment

Boxing not big enough here in American to carry a APP like DAZN once again! DAZN will need other programming and rights to show other sports to be successful in the US. This is where ESPN+ wins because ESPN owns the rights to other sports they're not just depending on Boxing to Carry that App.

What makes the NFL big in the US is the fact they're still on Network TV and the Super Bowl is on Network TV which is the biggest sporting event in America and gets a ton of views. The Advantage others sports have over Boxing is that all of the best athletes in those other sports are all signed to One League! With Boxing, you do a deal with 1 Promoter and you're very limited to just fight within that Promoters Stable and you miss out on so many other potential match ups. ESPN, Showtime, HBO, DAZN all need to go back to the old format of bidding for Big Fights ONLY instead of Exclusive Fighters/Promoters Deals to networks and being stuck showing mismatches.

Hard to build a sport when you show it maybe once a month or once every few months.

Comment

No Way

I cant watch boxing anymore. Crooked judges and im supposed to pay the side money. Its turning into wrestling. Dirty fighters get a minimum suspension Im paying for the roids. Ill let it die out or until someone cleans it up and the sanctioning bodies merge. I love my money too much

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            showtime is worth it just for Homeland, Billions, and Ray Donovan.

Any boxing they show is just a bonus........
            I thought you mostly bought Showtime for the AVN Awards and Boxing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by earlpearl View Post
              There are numerous free sports streaming sites, such as FirstRow Sports and StreamHunter.
              I use FirstRow Sports alot and that is good enough for me atleast for most fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtomb View Post
                Yea but lately they've been bombarded with ads and malware.
                I use Kodi to stream FirstRow Sports and I'm yet to see a single ad.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Boxing not big enough here in American to carry a APP like DAZN once again! DAZN will need other programming and rights to show other sports to be successful in the US. This is where ESPN+ wins because ESPN owns the rights to other sports they're not just depending on Boxing to Carry that App.

What makes the NFL big in the US is the fact they're still on Network TV and the Super Bowl is on Network TV which is the biggest sporting event in America and gets a ton of views. The Advantage others sports have over Boxing is that all of the best athletes in those other sports are all signed to One League! With Boxing, you do a deal with 1 Promoter and you're very limited to just fight within that Promoters Stable and you miss out on so many other potential match ups. ESPN, Showtime, HBO, DAZN all need to go back to the old format of bidding for Big Fights ONLY instead of Exclusive Fighters/Promoters Deals to networks and being stuck showing mismatches.

Hard to build a sport when you show it maybe once a month or once every few months.
                  Ontop of that, this whole pick n choose style of fighting is ridiculous. In any other sport, there would be a tournament and Crawford-Spence would be up in a matter of months.

We will be seeing the fights we want back to back and at regular intervals not this twice a year bs.

16 man tournaments in every weight class is what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

great post....

Comment

lol anyone still paying for any kind of television needs to catch up with the times. i mean if you really want to pay for it sure go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X