Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo takes a legit decision, where does Golovkin's legacy stand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
    If GGG didn't hurt Canelo, why did Canelo fight using a style that he had never used previously in his entire career (a confrontation avoiding style) for most of the first fight? A style that was basically the opposite of how he normally fights: an in-the-pocket, counter-puncher, who is always looking for the KO.

I believe Canelo gets KO/TKOd in the middle rounds (5-8) in the rematch, and Canelo will seek the trilogy fight when GGG is 40+ years old (or call him out of retirement).
    its called boxing and that's exactly what canelo did..

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      HAha, no way in hell the diva is winning anything in any type of fashion against GGG, legit or otherwise. People are going to see what being elite means in this rematch. GGG will not provide any rest for the cheating chica, he will punish her for her pimp's lies and for robbing him of a deserved victory last time. The fans will be in for a treat, it'll be the first time Clenela gets put down for the count.
      Your girlfriend in his period wrote this?

Comment

I think he would retire. He is supposed to make almost 30 million from this fight and he is 36 so why continue to fight if he can no longer beat the best.Just as interesting would be what does young superstar Canelo and his promoter du next if GGG knocks him out.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
          Lol even by beating Nelo hes legacy isnt that strong, Nelo is only a cash cow whos great wins are?????

Unfortunately for GGG 160 didnt have great fighters, he didnt move up to 168 to chase great matches
          His legacy is excellent. Maybe the best legacy of any boxer fighting now.I challenge you to Name a boxer fighting now with a better legacy who has defeated all these "great" fighters and list the all the "great" fighters they defeated.He has been champion longer than any other boxer. He defends his titles more often than any other boxer. He is undefeated and has won 90% of his fights by KO. I believe he will be elected to the Hall of Fame as soon as he has been retired the required 5 years and you will be telling everyone that he doesn't deserve it.

Comment

hardcore fans will call it like it is if he gets dominated in the rematch.

As soon as he fought legit guys, he became ordinary. jacobs razor thin. canelo draw. hypothetical canelo lost in rematch.

but what if he stops canelo in the rematch. Then the narrative will be he was the best middleweight of his era.

this fight is literally do or die for Gennady
            Last edited by bluebeam; 06-19-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
              its called boxing and that's exactly what canelo did..
              Yea, he tried to emulate Mayweather to avoid getting hurt badly. Nothing wrong with that, but Canelo must have felt something he didn't like to change his style all of a sudden for GGG. Never seen him fight with that much caution before, and he'll probably do the same in the rematch to try to avoid getting laid out.

Comment

An almost 37 year old losing to a prime fighter. Shocking. Never been done before. The greats of the past were all in their prime at 37-40.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  Lol even by beating Nelo hes legacy isnt that strong, Nelo is only a cash cow whos great wins are?????

Unfortunately for GGG 160 didnt have great fighters, he didnt move up to 168 to chase great matches
                  Canelo might actually hold the best trio of wins (and also best record in boxing) with Lara, Trout, Cotto (not counting a bunch of decent wins over guys like Cintron, Smith, Mosley, Kirland, Kahn)

Crawford: Gamboa, Postol, Burns

Spence: Brook, Peterson, Algieri

GGG: Jacobs, Murray, Geale

Garcia: Salido, Broner, Lopez

Loma: Walters, Russel, Linares (or rigo)

HELL, only Loma coming close.

You guys need to stop talking sht on fighters.

If Nelo beat GGG, his record his head and shoulders above the rest (if it's not already the case).

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    This isn't a prediction about the fight, I just want to know; where does GG stand if Canelo wins, and what happens with him after?
                    Does he get redemption? Does he retire? What do you think?

Personally, I don't think GG's record is strong enough to go through a W without his status taking a big hit. Had he not got screwed in the original fight, it might be different, but perceptions are what they are. I think he could pull off redemption in a 3rd fight though. Or, by beating Charlo and Saunders.
                    His legacy takes a hit yeah, I mean, he would end on paper 1-1-1 against elite A opposition wich would make him a simple elite fighter in his own division, not an ATG or P4P top dude by any means, I mean yeah, more a top dude at 160.

It's sad because I think he had his physical peak before those fights and GGG is a clearly a physical fighter.

I'm tempted to believe GGG would have done even better versus Nelo and DJ 3 years younger, he would have that extra speed/reflexes/anger that he lost to surprise and hurt them, have them more cautious and trapped.
                    But at the end of the day, who really knows?
                    Last edited by BillyBoxing; 06-20-2018, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      Canelo might actually hold the best trio of wins (and also best record in boxing) with Lara, Trout, Cotto (not counting a bunch of decent wins over guys like Cintron, Smith, Mosley, Kirland, Kahn)

Crawford: Gamboa, Postol, Burns

Spence: Brook, Peterson, Algieri

GGG: Jacobs, Murray, Geale

Garcia: Salido, Broner, Lopez

Loma: Walters, Russel, Linares (or rigo)

HELL, only Loma coming close.

You guys need to stop talking sht on fighters.

If Nelo beat GGG, his record his head and shoulders above the rest (if it's not already the case).
                      Trout is overrated as fúck.
                      Before the Canelo fight, his top 3 fights were
                      Cotto
                      Rigoberto Alvarez who was coming off a TKO loss to Rubio, fights against literal nobodies, and a gift decision against Ishida.
                      Nilson Julio Tapia - MD.

Comment

Working...
                      X