Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are no Theists in foxhole.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] There are no Theists in foxhole.

Now we know religious types somehow think that trotting out the aphorism, "There are no Atheists in Foxholes" somehow vindicates their irrational belief in an imaginary friend in the sky. The argument seems to be that, if other people are irrational under stress, it makes my irrational superstition, which I have all the time, somehow more rational.

It's a pretty ridiculous argument but you come to expect that from these types and of course it's completely untrue. In fact people the military are slightly more likely to be atheist than the general public and there are in fact military groups such as the Military organization of atheists and freethinkers who's slogan is atheists in foxholes.

Of course the truth is that
    there are only atheists in foxholes. If the faithful truly and fully believe in a protective deity or that their impending death or dismemberment is all part of God's plan, why would they dive into a foxhole to protect themseleves from the bullets and shrapnel ?

A part of their brain knows damn well that if they do not protect themselves, the bullets will hardly discriminate between those who claim faith and those who reject
    It.

dont you think, to some degree, people rebel against there being a god just to rebel ?

like when children dont do what their parents tell them to do or do the exact opposite ?

or maybe man refuses to believe in something greater than them ?

believing in a god right off the bat has ''nerd'' and ''goofball'' attached to it.

we each know within our own hearts what we believe in and and what we will admit to honestly believing in. a lounger will say they believe in the great pumpkin for a laugh but be the 1st one at bible study

im not saying one must believe in anything, just throwing the idea out there

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Of course the truth is that
      there are only atheists in foxholes. If the faithful truly and fully believe in a protective deity or that their impending death or dismemberment is all part of God's plan, why would they dive into a foxhole to protect themseleves from the bullets and shrapnel ?
      IMO to say there are only atheists in foxholes is on the same level as saying there are no atheists in foxholes.

People can believe in God and still fear death.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        IMO to say there are only atheists in foxholes is on the same level as saying there are no atheists in foxholes.

People can believe in God and still fear death.
        we are all going to die, scared or not

my whole thing is this.....what if there is a god, doe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post

What if there is a God......?

Comment

What if there is a God......?
            yeah.

i mean, whats the worse that could happen to someone believing in a god ? they dont get to have fun by sinning all over the place, here on earth ???

i mean, of all the things to get wrong, thats a biggy.

and we wont know for sure until its too late.

Comment

yeah.

i mean, whats the worse that could happen to someone believing in a god ? they dont get to have fun by sinning all over the place, here on earth ???

i mean, of all the things to get wrong, thats a biggy.

and we wont know for sure until its too late.
              Oh ok.

The way i see it is...
              I dont think an all knowing God would be pleased if a person made themselves believe, just in order to gain access to heaven and avoid hell.
              God probably would not appreciate that selfishness.

Plus, people who dont believe in God, heaven, hell, etc arent going to pretend they believe in an imaginary being to avoid being sent to an imaginary place of punishment.

I guess you could ask a Christian to also worship some Hindu gods, just in case they are also real.

Comment

My primo in Mexico assured me, that the people who have been tortured and murdered by the cartel he works with, always become theists.

Of course it never helps them outta the spot they put themselves in.

Go to Mexico, get outta line, and there is a good chance, you’ll suddenly speak in tongues.

Better yet, take your azz clowning to Saudi Arabia, and see what happens. I’d pay to watch. No need for a foxhole, a good predecapitation will make a mumbling, sniveling Allah believer outta you.

Comment

Oh ok.

The way i see it is...
                  I dont think an all knowing God would be pleased if a person made themselves believe, just in order to gain access to heaven and avoid hell.
                  God probably would not appreciate that selfishness.

Plus, people who dont believe in God, heaven, hell, etc arent going to pretend they believe in an imaginary being to avoid being sent to an imaginary place of punishment.

I guess you could ask a Christian to also worship some Hindu gods, just in case they are also real.
                  but, from our pov, whats the worse that could happen

trying to fool god is hysterical
                  maybe he will appreciate the attempt

Comment

There isn't.

It's like saying if I fall out of an airplane I'm going to flap my arms because what if I fly.

It might make you feel better and seem like the smart thing to do but it's silly and pointless.

Of course people do still do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X