Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GGG: Look at Hopkins; My Record's Much Bigger, Stronger at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    if you have an average resume after campaigning for a decade, it could be indicative of a weak era

if you have an average resume after campaigning for a decade, and the list of guys who you should have fought is MUCH BIGGER than your list of accomplishments..... that could be indicative of a wet vagina

Hopkins would not have ducked the guys who Golovkin ducked

after Golovkin fans spent the duration of Gennady's career blurting out silly excuses to justify why he avoided better opponents..... let the record show, Golovkin is on record for avoiding the 10-fight rookie Derevy because he is "too risky"..... which tells the WHOLE story

they lied to their gullible fanbase
    ^This right here.

Wanted no parts of Erislandy Lara
    Wanted no parts of Andre Ward
    Wanted no parts of Alvarez @ 155
    Fought 147lb Brook @ 160
    Called out Mayweather who, in reality, is a 140lb fighter
    Called out anyone from 154-168 but could only manage to fight a 147lb'er
    Only agreed to fight Ward @ 164lb CW

Lil' G is a Big J O K E...

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
      Stick to your damn argument. Didn’t you say how many “undefeated belt holders at 160?” Hearns had already had a loss to Leonard when he fought Hagler and Hearns started out at welterweight. Your a big time fool, phony boxing fan-LOL!!!
      You still haven't answered the question.

Exactly WHO has Bumlovkin beaten?

Comment

1) Hopkins beat champions for his titles, Golovkin did not

2) Hopkins did not defend lower/junior titles, like Golovkin did

3) Hopkins did not duck his mando to break Monzon's record..... like Golovkin ducked his mando to break Hopkins record

4) Hopkins did not avoid mover/spoilers, like Golovkin did

5) I think that Golovkin is a total fkn hypejob, who has tip-toed through the tulips for his entire career..... he just ducked a 10-fight rookie because the guy was "too dangerous"

it is amusing that you need me to " leave out " Oscar and Tito

you sound like you joined yesterday
        ----------------------------------------------------

Let's break down your points using FACTS and LOGIC:

1) Hopkins first title at 160 was against Segundo Mercado at 30 years old. Do you even know who that bum is?
        - 6 years later he beat Keith Holmes for the WBA title. Who the hell is Keith Holmes? Six years later?
        - He then beat Tito for the Super title and then Oscar for the WBO belt that Oscar was gifted. These are two small guys that Hopkins beat. The same way GGG beat Kell Brooks and he's getting shyt for it.
        - Since we are focusing on the 160 weight class, there is literally no hall of fame boxer that Hopkins beat on his list to break Monzon's record. He even fought William Joppy after Joppy had bean destroyed by Trinidad. What the hell man!

2) Hopkins did defend the 160 belts so what are you talking about? He has a dubious record for that to hoot.

3) Hopkins could not avoid anyone because they were all BUMS but he refused to fight Roy Jones in 2002. There is a video about that so you are just blowing smoke here.

4) GGG ducked someone? Are you kidding? He's beaten all the contenders and was just about to beat up Canelo for the 2nd time before Canelo got busted.

5) Look at my profile. I've been here more than a decade so again just stop.

6). Tito and Oscar were small guys compared to Hopkins. They had no shot. In fact, Hopkins first pro fight was at 175 and he LOST. He then dropped to 160 because he knew he could bust them up and there was no real competition in that weight class. That;s the reason Roy Jones skipped it and went on to 168. Had Roy lingered at 160 Hopkins would just be another jokester at 160

Comment

• Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
          ----------------------------------------------------

Let's break down your points using FACTS and LOGIC:

1) Hopkins first title at 160 was against Segundo Mercado at 30 years old. Do you even know who that bum is?
          - 6 years later he beat Keith Holmes for the WBA title. Who the hell is Keith Holmes? Six years later?
          - He then beat Tito for the Super title and then Oscar for the WBO belt that Oscar was gifted. These are two small guys that Hopkins beat. The same way GGG beat Kell Brooks and he's getting shyt for it.
          - Since we are focusing on the 160 weight class, there is literally no hall of fame boxer that Hopkins beat on his list to break Monzon's record. He even fought William Joppy after Joppy had bean destroyed by Trinidad. What the hell man!

2) Hopkins did defend the 160 belts so what are you talking about? He has a dubious record for that to hoot.

3) Hopkins could not avoid anyone because they were all BUMS but he refused to fight Roy Jones in 2002. There is a video about that so you are just blowing smoke here.

4) GGG ducked someone? Are you kidding? He's beaten all the contenders and was just about to beat up Canelo for the 2nd time before Canelo got busted.

5) Look at my profile. I've been here more than a decade so again just stop.

6). Tito and Oscar were small guys compared to Hopkins. They had no shot. In fact, Hopkins first pro fight was at 175 and he LOST. He then dropped to 160 because he knew he could bust them up and there was no real competition in that weight class. That;s the reason Roy Jones skipped it and went on to 168. Had Roy lingered at 160 Hopkins would just be another jokester at 160

kid, the criteria is.....

WHO you fought, with consideration given to when/how

stop adding up the pile of bums that Golovkin fought

the issue is, how high was their ceiling, not how low was their floor

Hopkins would have cleaned up those guys, and you know it

Trinidad > Jacobs..... /story

did Hopkins duck his mando to break Monzon's record.....
          ..... like Golovkin ducked his mando to break Hopkins record ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
            Golovkin would not have beaten Allen and Echols five times?
            No GGG didn’t even fight Jacobs again after that suspect @ss decision. Guess you are saying Hopkins would have had a problem with Monroe, Vanes, Matirosyan, Macklin, Stevens, Lemieux, Canelo, Jacobs etc... Matter of fact, put GGG’s whole resume against Hopkins and they are all mismatches on paper...GTFOH with that BS. Guess GGG would have beat Calzaghe and Prime Roy Jones also?🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              for crying out loud, people, wait till GGG reaches something close to 20 fights first! Then compare him. Not yet.

At the moment with 8 defences, GGG should be compared to Abraham and Sturm, who have a similar number.
              Brilliance!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
                Brilliance!!
                not quite, I should have wrote 9 defences. sorry.

Comment

pretty sure that a draw counts as a successful defence

it should do, because the champion kept his titles

and that is one fight I don't mind on Golovkin's resume'
                  I like how you answered that while these lil g fans just make up a whole bunch of other stuff....okay, I can respect that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
                    -------------------------------------

I threw that in on top of the list of cans that Hopkins fought. Here's the other thing, Hopkins has always been a very ugly and dirty fighter. Not until he moved up to 170 did his boxing acumen became obvious especially against much younger guys that were tipped to beat him (Pavlik, Pascal even Tarver).
                    I never liked Hopkins at 160 because he was beating up smaller guys like Tito and Oscar and refused to step up to fight Roy at 168. I think Roy was willing to come down to 165 but Hopkins concern was money. And I do understand the financial demands of Hopkins because he was the most underpaid champion of any weight class.

The reality is Hopkins record at 160 is so bad that I could list his list of opponents but I doubt you'd give two cents. Just google them and tell me who among his hit list is even in the Hall of Fame. Leave out Oscar and Tito. Oscar was gifted that belt at 160 anyway. He got beat by Felix Sturm and I am sure you agree with me
                    Hopkins ducked Toney imo.

Comment

• An ATG classic thread!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X