Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the more entertaining, fan-friendly style: Andre Ward or Gennady Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Lots of excitement at Madison Square Gardens last night.
    I agree. Roman and Viloria brought it. Wow. What a spectacular short right hand from Gonzalez that dropped the hawaiian punch

Comment

• "Fan friendly," is willing to take shots to the head for a paycheck....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        Without a doubt triple g but that's for a casual fan. A person who enjoys boxing for the technical stand point would say Ward. I believe both are appealing in their own right. .. Ward with his defensive style and Golovkin for in offensive style. Both bring two different dynamics of the sport.

A more intriguing question would be who's style is more effective and would that style work against more top tier opponents.

Though I don't believe Golovkin has been tested by a true top tier opponent, his skill offensively is undeniable but how would that skill do against a truly skilled defensive boxer?

You are insinuating that GGG isn't a technical fighter, and you also are insinuating that defensive fighters are more technical.

Both statements are wrong. Both are complete fighters with few flaws, actually no flaws. Only different styles.

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        "Fan friendly," is willing to take shots to the head for a paycheck....
        Well that's wrong, you can be fan friendly and excel at defense. You can come forward and not get hit. You should know better than to say something like this.

Comment

• golovkin without a doubt. Honestly i think ward is most boring fighter in the sport which is why he has pretty much no fans, even people in oakland just carried on walking past his outdoor press conference, they werent interested and were watching the seagulls flying over the bay instead

Comment

• From a strictly entertainment POV, Golovkin, no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Obviously Golovkin, but I have a high appreciation for watching Andre Ward. I find him fascinating to watch. There's this effortless blend of skill and talent, offense and defense that I love.

I might have posted this already in this thread, but I figured it was worth posting in Ward's defense.
              lol, but Gonzalez won doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                lol, but Gonzalez won doe.
                What in the world does this have to do with my post?

Comment

What in the world does this have to do with my post?

There's this effortless blend of skill and talent, offense and defense that I love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

There's this effortless blend of skill and talent, offense and defense that I love.
                    Again, what in the hell does that have to do with my post?

Comment

Again, what in the hell does that have to do with my post?
                      Cuadras didnt have this? Whats funny if Ward fights Kovalev the same way Cuadras fought Gonzalez I bet you would be singing a different tune is what I am getting at. Its hypocritical to claim you prefer style because one fighter suits you.

Wards my favorite fighter so I understand his science just like I understood Cuadras.

Comment

Working...
                      X