Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people acting like Mikey Garcia didn't blatantly duck Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    What narrative??
    Ducking. Mikey and Loma not fighting has nothing to do with ducking. Come on dude.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Ducking. Mikey and Loma not fighting has nothing to do with ducking. Come on dude.
      So moving to another division to avoid a guy isn't ducking?

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
        Mikey Garcia totally ducked doing business with his hated former Promotor and totally by fighting a better and bigger fighter in front of nearly 50k people totally ducked wow
        wouldnt the perfect "get back" is for mikey to fight the hated promotor's best fighter and beat him? i mean, imo, this would have been the perfect "fvvvck you"..

Comment

So moving to another division to avoid a guy isn't ducking?
          If you think that is what he did then you must also think Loma ducked Berchelt because he moved up to 135 rather than fight him. But you don't, which tells me there is some other agenda or angle here.

Fights don't always happen. This isn't Bowe/Lewis for f-cks sake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Why is it every simpleton tries to make every fight that didn't happen fit into the same narrative?
            Crap has gotten old bro

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              No, that's just dumb. This fight was never even discussed, so how is it a duck? If both were in the same stable and there were talks between the teams of the fight happening and then he moved up to fight say someone like Jessie Vargas? Then sure, call it a duck. But none of those things happened. And dude went after Spence, who most considered the best WW in the world.

Bull*****. It was a duck. Just because he fought Spence doesn't change the fact that he ducked Loma. The Spence fight was a no lose situation. He wins or puts up a good fight in losing he is still in consideration for big fights against Pac-man, Thurman or Garcia. He loses and gets dominated people will say he lost to a bigger man. He loses to Lomachenko and all talk about Garcia being a p4p guy goes out the window along with big paydays.

Comment

Is ducking Loma at 135 to fight Spence at 147 even a thing one could do let alone that Mikey did?????

I'd argue hell to the nah.

Thats like saying Tim Bradley ducked Amir Khan at 140 back in the day to fight Manny Pacquiao at 147.

That sh^t don't really compute.

You don't duck a lesser lower reward fight to take a bigger higher reward fight its simply a matter of you taking the bigger higher reward fight.

Hell I'd argue in retrospect with how Mikey did he shoulda ducked Spence & taken the Loma fight. I can't imagine he'd have put up quite the non-effort, non-competitive fight he did with Spence vs Loma.

Comment

This was a ***** move by Garcia. He moved up to 147 even though his own fans wanted him to stay at 135 to fight Lomachenko. Then this fool saw Lomachenko call him out in his hometown and just a couple weeks later he gives up his belt and ducks again! When will people realize this dude wants no part of Loma.
                  Al Haymon & Bob Arum dont want to work together again so soon

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
                    Mikey Garcia totally ducked doing business with his hated former Promotor and totally by fighting a better and bigger fighter in front of nearly 50k people totally ducked wow
                    LMFAO.

Sh^t man after reading this I think I get OP's point better. Who wants all that attention on them & to be a player in one of the most important divisions in boxing. Makes no sense. And who don't want smaller money. If they give you more money they just make you pay more taxes on it.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      Bull*****. It was a duck. Just because he fought Spence doesn't change the fact that he ducked Loma. The Spence fight was a no lose situation. He wins or puts up a good fight in losing he is still in consideration for big fights against Pac-man, Thurman or Garcia. He loses and gets dominated people will say he lost to a bigger man. He loses to Lomachenko and all talk about Garcia being a p4p guy goes out the window along with big paydays.
                      So when was the fight under discussion? When did the teams talk about the terms? When was a phone call made by either team?

And funny how you say it was a win-win for Garcia, when all I see is Garcia falling down on the P4P lists and being seen as a lesser fighter. So how did that happen if it was a win-win for him?

Comment

Working...
                      X