Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM #41
Shot!

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 16,232.00
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

The BBC should put at least one decent domestic card a month on their schedule and a few big title fight invloving British fighters throughout the year. Great domestic cards like Fury vs Chisora, and Thaxton vs Murray, with a few fights on the undercards could be put together for less than 100,000. If the BBC only invested 100,000 every couple of weeks for a decent domestic card, it would only cost them around 2.6m a year. Add in a few big fights like Froch vs Bute, and maybe a David Haye fight, then the overall expenditure is only going to be around 5m.

The BBC rakes in 3.1b a year through public money, and another 900m through other revenue streams. I think they can spare 10m a year for a great boxing schedule. It's one of the nations favourite sports, but because it is hardly on public t.v people have forgotten about it. I would love to sit around the tv with my family on a Saturday night and watch the boxing again. That hasn't happened since Khan and Calzaghe last fought on ITV.
BetterCallSaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-09-2009, 05:31 PM #42
Brings Tha Ruckas

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond reputeThe RealDeal has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 10,351.00
For the rundown on the dirty Alicia Rhodes. LOL. - ABOSWORTH CHEERS! - ЯiZO You truly are the real deal of TPS - king09 for consistent ruckas bringin' - Man In Black Great Guy - Rocky... 
cocktail hour - MANGLER 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba1988 View Post
The BBC should put at least one decent domestic card a month on their schedule and a few big title fight invloving British fighters throughout the year. Great domestic cards like Fury vs Chisora, and Thaxton vs Murray, with a few fights on the undercards could be put together for less than 100,000. If the BBC only invested 100,000 every couple of weeks for a decent domestic card, it would only cost them around 2.6m a year. Add in a few big fights like Froch vs Bute, and maybe a David Haye fight, then the overall expenditure is only going to be around 5m.

The BBC rakes in 3.1b a year through public money, and another 900m through other revenue streams. I think they can spare 10m a year for a great boxing schedule. It's one of the nations favourite sports, but because it is hardly on public t.v people have forgotten about it. I would love to sit around the tv with my family on a Saturday night and watch the boxing again. That hasn't happened since Khan and Calzaghe last fought on ITV.

Fuck the BBC and FUCK their Licence fee.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
The RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, cancel

User Tag List