Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn’t Wilder fight any top heavyweight until his 40th fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Wilder has accomplished from age 20 until now is unprecedented.

There's never been a heavyweight boxer who started boxing in their twenties, won an Olympic medal, then reigned as a world champion as long as Deontay Wilder (fighting in his 10th consecutive world title defense in September).

Comment

Joshua's claim to fame was a 41 year old Klitschko coming off a loss and two year hiatus. That is the top fighter he has fought.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        But he started boxing late and had few am fights. It was smart to bring him up slowly since he was learning on the go.
        Many many fighters come to the pro game with limited or no Amateur experience and they are not exactly fast tracked but they move through the ranks alot quicker than Wilder has. Anyway, you dont need to be making excuses for him to me, i dont care im just pointing out why the very slow progress has affected how big his suppport from American fight fans. Tell them not me.

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
          Joshua's claim to fame was a 41 year old Klitschko coming off a loss and two year hiatus. That is the top fighter he has fought.
          What has that got to do with anything?

Comment

Agreed...Wilders initial fight resume doesn't look great. Lots of bums in there. However, he has been making up for that more recently by fighting competitive fights. Also, some of the low-ranked names were top 10 or 15 at the time of the fight (I am talking about recent fights, not old ones).

Comment

Anthony Joshua is the one who got embarrassed by a fat heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                So ya'll are making alts just to go at Wilder cause Joshua got dropped 4 times and stopped by the kool-aid man?
                I knew it was only a matter of time till your true colours started coming back out.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                  I’m just looking at those he fought and it’s nuts. He has about 8-10 cruiserweights on his record and a lot of tomato cans with losing record.

A guy with a record of 17-21 also scored a KD against him, lol. This guy really got a pass. If he were a Brit, he would’ve been pelted with tomatoes years ago and be on the same level as Anthony Yarde. Even Fury never got any love until he travelled to Germany and shocked the world when no one gave him a chance.
                  Brits can’t shut up a little bit because Frank Bruno.

I saw Fury’s first fight and knew he was skilled, enough to catch each fight since. Not surprised by him beating Wlad at all. If u live in a world where nobody gave Fury a chance then what’s ur opinion worth anyway? A boxing fan would be happy that Wilder has a lot of fights. They would love him if he was a UK fighter.

About 20 Brits all in Ricky Hatton shirts flying to the floyd v Hattom fight, segregated themselves in a room at an air port. None of them drank. I got hammered. I love Ricky. I walked in and yelled “There’s only oooonnnne.....” waiting for them to fill in the blank. Nobody said ***** and stared. I chewed them out for it and nobody said *****. Brits ain’t throwing no tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
                    Anthony Joshua is the one who got embarrassed by a fat heavyweight.
                    And? What has that got to do with this?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      The problem isn't really when he stepped up,its accusing others of dodging,ducking and avoiding which makes him a hypocrite .

Anyone whos been watching boxing long enough knows you go at the pace of the fighters learning curve, in wilders case it just wasn't his curve it was fear ,fear bc his team was on panic mode after he was saved by the bell in his 13th fight.( ppl WISH to brush it under the rug ) .

Wilder is in his prime now and looking good at least whats giving to him even though he took an L to fury.

wilders problem like his dumb fan base is he wishes to claim ppl ducked him ( klitschko /AJ ) while taking credit for others wins ( Ruiz ) .

Anyone counting on him defeating AJ still is in for a real shock bc you then don't really know your boxing. lol
                      His hypocrisy stinks. The most protected boxer in history calling other people protected. Wilder has always been delusional and stupid just like his fans and it's not shocking.

I still believe Josh will beat the crap out of Fury and spark out Wilder. He fights better against guys his height or taller. Fury is tailor-made for Josh and he'll catch him, coupled with the fact that Fury has no power. And Wilder has no chin, you just need to catch him clean when he windmills.

Comment

Working...
                      X