Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Joshua Loses Again, His Career is Not in a Great Place

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
    Fans are fickle as Fock these days

Joshua will be back with a bang ... losing might be the wake up call he needed

Became a big star too soon . Must be hard to stay hungry when you’re sitting on crazy money like he is
    I think having the fortune AJ has is a big factor. I can understand why someone might lose their motivation to keep fighting if the money is their prime objective. No longer necessary to put ones' self in harms way.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
      Hunter is a bad style for aj also short guys with fast hands is aj kryptonite especially if they won’t gas out
      I like Hunter, but at least he's not 270! If AJ can't beat Hunter, then he was a fake champion in the first place!

Comment

He's boxing career will be over he can join Hollywood after that

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          I remember that, back in 1951, SRR took the Turpin rematch in two months...
          Real bad result for Turpin too. Difference is SRR was probably the best p4p fighter ever and Joshua is not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            I get the feeling this drug dealing legend has been overhyped to give him “street cred” since he CLEARLY is in no way about that life
            In any event he did it to make money which he now has plenty. No risk of recidivism there.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
              Lmao. Great you’re not Hearn.

You Wildettes are so predictable, lol.
              This has nothing to do with Wilder! It has everything to do with Andy Ruiz Jr.! He's 270 with fast hands, and he's extremely confident! Joshua is young, so there's no need to rush him back in there with Ruiz! Joe Frazier didn't immediately rematch George Foreman! Wlad didn't rematch Sanders nor Brewster! Lennox did rematch Rahman, but Rahman had been KO'd twice before Lennox! Ruiz has only one loss by close controversial decision! If you're a fan of Joshua, and IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BOXING, you would want him to get his mind right and some stamina before the rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                This has nothing to do with Wilder! It has everything to do with Andy Ruiz Jr.! He's 270 with fast hands, and he's extremely confident! Joshua is young, so there's no need to rush him back in there with Ruiz! Joe Frazier didn't immediately rematch George Foreman! Wlad didn't rematch Sanders nor Brewster! Lennox did rematch Rahman, but Rahman had been KO'd twice before Lennox! Ruiz has only one loss by close controversial decision! If you're a fan of Joshua, and IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BOXING, you would want him to get his mind right and some stamina before the rematch!
                I’ve watched Ruiz’s fights extensively and I’ve followed Josh from his amateur days and I know if he’s switched on (unlike last Saturday when he already lost a week before the fight), he’ll beat Ruiz easily. Even as lethargic as he was when the fight started and without using his usual jabs, he was beating Ruiz. So I believe he’ll beat him in the rematch.

There’s no point going back down and trying to build himself up against young and hungry boxers with more power than Ruiz. He needs to stay where he’s and take the rematch. If he loses (which I highly doubt), he can always fight Parker and Whyte, then continue from there. Going back down is just as tough as getting back in the ring in the rematch against Ruiz. For all his hand speed, Ruiz is slow on his feet and he doesn’t throw too many power shots. Jab, patience and timing and he’ll get him out of there.

Rematch against Ruiz = easier fight with ****load of money.

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
                  He used to sell tenner bags for a fiver. True story
                  Oh so he wasn’t the Antonio Montana his Hearn minions make him out to be?

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                    I’ve watched Ruiz’s fights extensively and I’ve followed Josh from his amateur days and I know if he’s switched on (unlike last Saturday when he already lost a week before the fight), he’ll beat Ruiz easily. Even as lethargic as he was when the fight started and without using his usual jabs, he was beating Ruiz. So I believe he’ll beat him in the rematch.

There’s no point going back down and trying to build himself up against young and hungry boxers with more power than Ruiz. He needs to stay where he’s and take the rematch. If he loses (which I highly doubt), he can always fight Parker and Whyte, then continue from there. Going back down is just as tough as getting back in the ring in the rematch against Ruiz. For all his hand speed, Ruiz is slow on his feet and he doesn’t throw too many power shots. Jab, patience and timing and he’ll get him out of there.

Rematch against Ruiz = easier fight with ****load of money.
                    I assume you're convinced that Joshua was KO'd in sparring a week before the fight, but Joshua and Hearn have denied that, so I'm not sure! However, if he was, and they let Joshua fight anyway further proves my point that this is ego driven and not really in the best interest of Joshua!

I don't think I named anyone who has "more" power than Ruiz! Even Fury doesn't have more power than Ruiz! However, if those guys are too much, then get someone who is not! Manuel Charr has 17 KOs in 31 fights, and he's been KO'd 3 times! If he beats Bryan, then fight him! Michael Hunter is 6'2", just like Ruiz, but he's barely 230, vice Ruiz who is 270! I think Joshua should go that route first!

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                      Real bad result for Turpin too. Difference is SRR was probably the best p4p fighter ever and Joshua is not even close.
                      AJ is more like the little prince Dogboe. Dogboe took the immediate rematch and Navarette immediately beat him worse than before. An extra day or two in the gym is not going to fix this.

Comment

Working...
                      X