Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A proper tune this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
      people crying about how it didn't end the way they had it in their heads is laughable.
      Have you been paying attention? That's the opposite of what they're complaining about. Everyone's disappointed because it was predictable. It's exactly how they could have imagined it and it failed to surprise anyone. The #1 thing you'll hear writers talk about these days is that modern audiences don't want to be able to predict the story. They crave turns and surprises. They don't want disney ending like this one.

There's also the issue that they failed to resolved all the loose ends from threads they've woven over the last 7 years.

It was like they opened up, "Screenwriting for Dummies" and plugged in every derivative, tired device they could. That's why everyone is calling it 'predictable'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        What a let down. The great battle with the white walkers (which should have been the highlight of the series) had no real surprises. Last ep was equally predictable and safe. I feel like the last couple seasons were weaker but the ending was pretty much devoid of thrills.
        When the best parts are performed by a fking dragon, you know something's wrong.
        Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
        What ending would you have liked? I’d like to hear your thought.

The show started with the Starks losing and now they have Starks on the throne, on the North, beyond the wall, and beyond Westeros. I’m fined with that.

Jon is the ultimate hero. He only wants to do what’s best even if it means sacrificing his own happiness.

Bran is a logical choice because you can’t have John be the king or else the Unsullied and Dothraki would have started another war. Bran is the only one with no beef with anyone. Yes boring choice but sometimes boring is the road to peace.
        Lord never gave up their birth rights. Another lord will be named as the next king. It’s just you can’t inherit the throne that rules the 6 kingdom.
        Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        That's my problem, aside from it being a safe, pu$$y-ass cop-out, is that all these things they built up were not resolved, most notably, John. He came so far, even back from death, to lead the armies and then suddenly act like a *****, but then got his balls back, but then let's pretend that birthright thing never existed and send him away and he puts up no fight about it.... WHAT??

I'm very into writing and the nature of story telling, and the conclusion was so flaccid. In the media, apologists are saying, "They couldn't make everyone happy." Since when has Games, or HBO been a fking Disney series? The one thing I counted on was poetic resolution and they just gave up on attempting anything clever.
        Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        In the end Tyrion won the Game of Thrones.

All his enemies are dead, he instructed Jaime to lead Cersei to the basement where both of them met their doom thus giving Tyrion full inheritance rights and titles to Casterly Rock.

Sends Jon Snow to the wall so that Jon Snows birthright doesn't threaten Tyrions Manchurian candidate Bran, who is easily played by Tyrion into making him hand, and thus essentially ruling the "six" kingdoms. All the while still technically being married to the Queen in the North Sansa Stark.

Tyrion is GOT winner.
        You don’t think it would have been out of character for Jon to want to rule when he had no desire to throughout the series? He’s always been a reluctant leader and when he does accept the leadership role it’s always because it’s the right thing. He’s Ned Stark’s “son”. He knows if he takes the throne there won’t be peace.

At least with Danny’s heel turn there’s always been hint. She was never a good negotiator and always rely on fear, fire, and blood to get what she wants. Tyrion’s speech was spot on when he talked about Danny’s thirst for blood but we turn a blind eye because she killed the bad guys
        The problem with all you wrote is that is not how any of the characters were built up. And I don't wanna hear well this is GOT so it's unpredictable, baloney! You can be unpredictable by still tying loose ends and making sense!

The Prince that was promised, Azora Hai, and Maggie the frogs prophecy to Cersei about Valonchar were all meaningless and pointless.

Also Jon Snow isn't a hero, he was portrayed as a coward who didn't do what he had to in order to save thousands of lives until it was too late. And afterward he didn't receive a heros praise but was outcastes and forced to renounce all his claims to the throne. That's not a hero, that's a tragic figure.

Also what's the point of Tyrions speech to have elected kings when Sansa basically said yeah you go head and have fun with that but will break away and continue our tradition of birthright lineage, starting with me, basically undermining everything Tyrion said and the lords agreed on, but we are supposed to overlook that? Hell if I am one of the other Lords how long before I say I'm breaking away from the realm also and naming myself king of my region?
        Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post
        We have 7 seasons of war, backstabbing, murder, torture, schemes, grief, pride, oathbreaking, infanticide, entire families being wiped out, because everyone wants the throne and then at the end they just give the throne to a cripple...

Are you ****ing serious?
        The Valonchar was never mentioned on the show only in the books IIRC. The Astor Ahai was too vague. Lead the people against Darkness IIRC. Wasn’t really specific about actually killing the NK or is it even the NK? Is the darkness the NK or is it Danny because KIngs Lansing looks pretty dark after Danny burned it.

Yes agreed with the council. That was too rushed. She could have made arguments about the men they lost protecting the realm etc..or how about the North has always been on their own and left out anyway as mentioned on the show. Yup rushed indeed.
        Everybody is dead lol. All the great house are gone or replaced by an ally and look who was in the council. A bunch of Starks ally with an exception of Yara.
        That’s how you win the Game of Thrones. Let all the other threats kill each other and be left out with only the Betas that none of them want the throne. Hahaha
        Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        The problem was the build that went nowhere. He was reluctant at first but learned how to lead men and they embraced him as their leader. When he went soft, it was seemingly out of nowhere and done to suit their sloppy storywring in the last season. He walked away looking like a p^ssy rather than a guy who went through all he did. It wasn't believable. And, his true lineage was to be the ruler but they pretended like that never happened. The last season made no sense when you look at the development of the character, It was a cop-out.

I actually thought Brandon should be King, I said to myself there's no way the story would end up like that because he would not have been accepted as king. Well, that didn't stop HBO from doing it anyway.
        Ironically, they made the joke about democracy and the viewer is supposed to laugh because of course that world was not ready for democracy. But, then they serve us up this idea that this boy, who was not groomed for leadership, who has never had an opinion about anything, who is not well known, and can't use his legs is going to be accepted by all the armies and nations....

HBO did to Thrones what Disney did to Star Wars. Predictable, safe, and smiles for everyone.
        Originally posted by //// View Post
        There's actually a pretty valid excuse.

He hasn't finished the book series yet. The show turned into crap where the books left off & some generic hollywood cucks took over. What else would you expect?
        Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        First off. Bran stated he didn't want to be the Lord of winterfell because now he's the three eye raven but now all of sudden he traveled down to Kingslanding to be king of the six kingdoms ? Bullsht!

I would accept three outcomes for this show.

1. Jon and his Aunt rule together. Jon in the north and her and the rest.

2. Jon kills his aunt and the North and the unsullied battle it out, however this time the slavers and the dourish come in and help out the north and Jon is the king.

3. Dragon queen realized what she has done , frees her dragon and gives the throne to Jon.

That's just an never ending cycle of the super elite having a elite club of voting. Why wasnt the house of Reed there ? Why didn't the dornish challage this ?

There's no way powerful Lord's would when agree to this with out kick backs or some kind of perks.

Then this idoit chooses the midget has the right hand man ? R we serious. That guy should had been dead before the season finale.

What they did to Jon snow was straight up wrong.
        My idea of an ideal finish to the show would've went something along the lines of,

12 episodes instead of 6 or even 10. Spend 7 of the 12 episodes fighting the night king and white walkers, show them advance past winterfell and graze Kings Landing. Have Jon Snow and not Arya eventually defeat the night King and fulfill his prophecy.

Have the last 5 episodes concentrate on Danys slow transformation into madness. Have Jamie kill Cersei in a murder suicide to prevent Dany from destroying the city, but do it so it was a little too late to save the city anyways.

In the finale or episode before have Dany murder Jon out of fear for his lineage and because of the fact that his heroics against the night king has gained him far more love and admiration from the people than her. Have her kill Jon but not before he impregnates her with an heir whose a baby son.

Force Sansa to bend the knee or watch winterfell and the North burn. Sansa bending the knee or winterfell burning would both be satisfying.

Relieve Tyrion of his command and have him retire to Casterly Rock for giving crap advice for the past couple of seasons.

Finish the final episode with Dany sitting on the Iron Throne pregnant with Drogon behind her and Sir Davos as her new hand.

Boom, it would've been a master piece instead its a master piece of shіt.
        Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Tyrion is credited first and appears in the most episodes out of all characters. He is the protagonist.
        Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Finally caught up. The last episode was slow but the season was good. Glad John Went north where he belongs. If the Unsullied are mad about him abandoning his watch, they can come north of the wall and try to get him.
        Originally posted by denium View Post
        The iron born and Dornish would never agree to be ruled by a cripple.
        Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        HBO probably pushed really hard for those spin offs. They know the drop in subs that is coming in the next few days (or already) and they have to keep that big ass fanbase intrigued to come back for more GOT lore. And yes the one that takes place thousands of years before GOT is already in filming. It’s officially in production according GRRM, and HBO has confirmed that there is one in development but are tight lipped about any other projects (probably because they’re not official). It has a whole cast and everything. HBO probably wants it asap lol, can’t blame them. No more boxing, no more GOT. So a lot of people probably don’t find HBO worthy after Sunday.
        Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        WHY JUST WHY not have that ending but with Jon finding White Walker symbols to end it.. To show the fight vs the dead doesn't stop... It was one of the "spoiler" endings they filmed.. how could they feel the ending they went with was better??? Hell that ending ties in perfectly to the next series they are doing (the Long night) which is about the WK

ATM why do i care about some cans who got defeated in one episode by a little girl

The ending was meant to be bittersweet.. but other then Danny.. pretty much everyone got a "good" ending they wanted..

Arya goes becomes Columbus
        Sansa becomes Queen
        Bran becomes King
        Tyrion become hand
        Bronn becomes lord of the reach (WTF On this total fanservice)
        Sam becomes Grand Maester
        Davos becomes Master of Ships
        Brienne and Pod become kingsguard
        Gendry becomes Lord of Dragonstone

Like only Jon gets a debatable ending.. and even then i am sure he's just happy to **** the South.. he killed his lover.. Never wanted to be King.. Probably he is happy to go North beyond the wall

How is this game of thrones? the show of Ned's execution, The red wedding.. Hardhome.. Stannis burning his daughter alive (BS but still extreme moment)

It's some hollywood esque ****.. everyone gets there dream job and lives happily ever after
        Originally posted by Szef View Post
        I love how they made Bronn the master of coin... The dude who hadn't known what loans are up until season 3 or 4. The future looks bright for Westeros
        Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
        Can you post it again? I'm curious to see if they got it right.

thrones has been crap since the two show runners ran out of source material from GRRM after season 4. each season since then have been crappier than the next minus the big battle episodes which even itself had problems. thrones used to be known for killing any notable character and the manner in how they killed those characters, their great character development, brilliant writing and story telling. that all went out the window when dumb and dumber (as the two show runners david benioff and d.b. weiss are known affectionately by hardcore thrones fans) couldnt lean on GRRM content and instead decided to use fan reaction videos on youtube for their artistic guidance.

this last season takes the cake because the two show runners were offered to either do 10 episodes or 2 more seasons to properly end thrones but they chose to end it in 8 episodes because they've been offered the next star wars franchise.

instead of properly ending a legendary tv series and rewarding a faithful fanbase that made them rich and famous in the first place, the two show runners microwaved dinner the last season in order to take the star wars money.

I mean even the start of the season and first couple of episodes started out somewhat ok and not rushed,then suddenly it just fell off the cliff....

All one has to do is look at who did the writing for the first couple of episodes and who did the writing for the last 4:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Season_8_(2019)

there's your answer.

greed.

Comment

• Did Drogon informed the unsullied or Jon Snow did it?

LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingStained View Post

I mean even the start of the season and first couple of episodes started out somewhat ok and not rushed,then suddenly it just fell off the cliff....

All one has to do is look at who did the writing for the first couple of episodes and who did the writing for the last 4:

there's your answer.

greed.

you have a big point.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              WHY JUST WHY not have that ending but with Jon finding White Walker symbols to end it.. To show the fight vs the dead doesn't stop... It was one of the "spoiler" endings they filmed.. how could they feel the ending they went with was better??? Hell that ending ties in perfectly to the next series they are doing (the Long night) which is about the WK

ATM why do i care about some cans who got defeated in one episode by a little girl

The ending was meant to be bittersweet.. but other then Danny.. pretty much everyone got a "good" ending they wanted..

Arya goes becomes Columbus
              Sansa becomes Queen
              Bran becomes King
              Tyrion become hand
              Bronn becomes lord of the reach (WTF On this total fanservice)
              Sam becomes Grand Maester
              Davos becomes Master of Ships
              Brienne and Pod become kingsguard
              Gendry becomes Lord of Dragonstone

Like only Jon gets a debatable ending.. and even then i am sure he's just happy to **** the South.. he killed his lover.. Never wanted to be King.. Probably he is happy to go North beyond the wall

How is this game of thrones? the show of Ned's execution, The red wedding.. Hardhome.. Stannis burning his daughter alive (BS but still extreme moment)

It's some hollywood esque ****.. everyone gets there dream job and lives happily ever after
              That would've been a stupid ending as well because,

A. They just defeated the white walkers so for them to return so soon makes absolutely no sense

And

B. Whose to say those symbols weren't made by the night king right before the white walkers crossed the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Have you been paying attention? That's the opposite of what they're complaining about. Everyone's disappointed because it was predictable. It's exactly how they could have imagined it and it failed to surprise anyone. The #1 thing you'll hear writers talk about these days is that modern audiences don't want to be able to predict the story. They crave turns and surprises. They don't want disney ending like this one.

There's also the issue that they failed to resolved all the loose ends from threads they've woven over the last 7 years.

It was like they opened up, "Screenwriting for Dummies" and plugged in every derivative, tired device they could. That's why everyone is calling it 'predictable'.
                They predicted Jon Snow's parentage (R+L=J) since '96. Predicting the show isn't anything new.

Most complaints I hear are "why did Dany go mad?" "why did the battle with the undead only last an episode" "Why did Jaime go back to KL?"

Stupid common sense shit like that.

People are going to complain, whine and cry no matter what. Like I said, the people complaining that wanted a drawn out, entire season of the army of the dead marching to Winterfell are more than likely the same ones that complained the Negan/"All out War" storyline in the Walking Dead lasted two seasons.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2019/05/21/aoc-an...hrones-ending/
                  “I feel like we were getting so close to having this ending with just women running the world,” Ocasio-Cortez said about the final season.
                  “And then the last two episodes, it’s like, ‘Oh, they’re too emotional.’ It’s like, ugh, this was written by men!”

So now horse face AOC is complaining about GoT, but for all the wrong reasons. Of course it was written by men, and guess what idiot, it was written FOR men.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingStained View Post
                    thrones has been crap since the two show runners ran out of source material from GRRM after season 4. each season since then have been crappier than the next minus the big battle episodes which even itself had problems. thrones used to be known for killing any notable character and the manner in how they killed those characters, their great character development, brilliant writing and story telling. that all went out the window when dumb and dumber (as the two show runners david benioff and d.b. weiss are known affectionately by hardcore thrones fans) couldnt lean on GRRM content and instead decided to use fan reaction videos on youtube for their artistic guidance, theon fighting for his soul and accepting his birthright..

this last season takes the cake because the two show runners were offered to either do 10 episodes or 2 more seasons to properly end thrones but they chose to end it in 8 episodes because they've been offered the next star wars franchise.

instead of properly ending a legendary tv series and rewarding a faithful fanbase that made them rich and famous in the first place, the two show runners microwaved dinner the last season in order to take the star wars money.

there's your answer.

greed.
                    Season 5, 6 and 7 was not terrible and full of interesting shlt.. Arya becoming a faceless assassin, feeding walder freys sons to him, wiping out the freys, jon snow becoming lord commander, facing the whitewalkers and the army of the dead, daenarys becoming a conqueror and acquiring the dothraki, cersei blowing up the sept, ramsay bolton's rise to power, the battle of the bastards, the starks reuniting at winterfell, dany sailing across the narrow sea, the first battle with the lannisters, jon snow being aegon targaryan and the true king, stannis defeating the wildlings.

Season 8 was just loosely put together, insubstantial, nonsensical garbage. None of it meant anything.

There was one cool moment for me in season 8... missandei's last moment and cersei asked for her last words and she said "Drakkaris!" Fiercely......

The way she said it gave me chills... and i had flashbacks of daenarys freeing her, and her rise to power, destroying the slave masters and conquering cities, being the breaker of chains.. the entire rode leading up to where she was... missandei was with her since the beginning. She believed in her with her entire heart. Being at her side was the greatest thing she had ever experienced and she could die proudly.

The way she said "drakkaris", she said it like a battlecry... like " I rode with the dragon... and she will take hers with fire and blood."

That was the only good moment in season 8 for me.
                    Last edited by llll; 05-22-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                      Did Drogon informed the unsullied or Jon Snow did it?

LOL!
                      Good point!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow this show was stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X