No announcement yet.

Ben Shapiro offers Ocasio-Cortez $10k to debate him; she ducks out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    Im blown away that you're defending her not debating him because hes not in office. Her being in politics opens her up to any debate.
    Dont be surprised.

Hes what's called a political superfan.

Anyone on the team supports is always right, anyone not on the team is always wrong.

It is shocking to see at first, but once you see it enough it's just par for the course.

He's by far not the only Team D superfan here, so get used to nonsense arguments like his.

Comment

Hes donating the funds to charity.

I think the bigger point is, she wont debate anyone for free let alone 10k.
      Maybe. Still, I don't see Ben Shapiro going anywhere to defend his ideas; some of which, mind you, are pretty ridiculous.

I saw him go onto Joe Rogan's platform (and that's pretty much a centrist/libertarian kind of space), but you rarely see Shapiro head anywhere that isn't already friendly turf.

A bit hypocritical, from what I can tell.

Comment

cause she knows she'd get schooled intellectually. saying that, no doubt she'd start the name calling like all liberals do and the lefties would say 'she won'

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
          It's time for the Democrat party to embrace the Sickle and Hammer.
          Why? So they can end up like Republicans/conservatives, who have wrapped their arms around the nativists and Birch Society?

No thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Maybe. Still, I don't see Ben Shapiro going anywhere to defend his ideas; some of which, mind you, are pretty ridiculous.

I saw him go onto Joe Rogan's platform (and that's pretty much a centrist/libertarian kind of space), but you rarely see Shapiro head anywhere that isn't already friendly turf.

A bit hypocritical, from what I can tell.
            Really? Heres his time on CNN
            https://www.google.com/search?q=ben+...w=1920&bih=947
            Here he is on Bill Maher
            http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-civility.html
            Another debate
            http://www.mediafiledc.com/surprisin...vs-cenk-ugyur/
            Want more links?
            BTW he was willing to debate her. Whos turf is that?
            Last edited by man down; 08-10-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                You're not keeping up then.

Shapiro is one of those people who goes to liberal colleges to debate, though some have actually banned him rather than engage him in debate.

And fyi, the Internet is chock full of videos of Shapiro debating liberals, sometimes in hostile environments.

I'd suggest you study the subject matter a bit more before commenting.

Comment

Huh? You have to run for office to have a debate?
                  Having a debate with someone running for office will produce results. It will help or hurt their cause.

If you think what you're doing is right then debate why and the voters will decide based on that debate.

Im blown away that you're defending her not debating him because hes not in office. Her being in politics opens her up to any debate.

In the end, she wouldnt debate anyone in or out of office. Heck she wont even do media that doesnt support her or Dems.
                  Why debate someone who isnt doing anything for the people? Waste of time. Now if hes running for office, by all means debate. Btw, I think she would be in over her head too. But this debate makes as much sense as Floyd fighting McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    It shouldn't take a dime to get someone, especially a politician, to debate their beliefs.

Lmao at you defending this blatant, pathetic ducking.
                    What clout does Ben Shapiro have to tell anyone, even a politician, to jump?

My experience with the man is basically limited to his appearance on JRE, and a couple minutes of his shameless Black Panther review, but he's not Charlie Rose, or Charlie Sykes, or Erick Erickson, or Krauthamer, or a host of other voices.

Heck, as crazy as it might seem at first blush, he's not even Joe Rogan or a Glen Beck.

What politician, at any level, has gone to Shapiro to share their thoughts on anything? Nevermind the winner of a Democratic primary election

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Entering a popularity contest proves nothing.

Debates do prove which beliefs hold up to facts and scrutiny and which do not.

Hence her avoiding debate like the plague.
                      Heres a fact. Debates do nothing to solve any of the problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X