Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn planning way too many PPV's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind them being PPVs provided the undercards are stacked!

Remember PPV in the UK is cheap compared to the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
      I stopped buying them when Hearn put Bellew/Clev 2 with no title on the line or any kind of final eliminator on PPV.

It's a shame what Eddie Hearn has done to UK boxing.
      Agreed.

Sky used to be great now it's not even mediocre.

Plus, the PPVs are killing any sort of national recognition for a number of fighters. for all the hype surrounding AJs star power he is nowhere near where Hatton or Khan were as stars.

Comment

But aren't the PPV's in the UK much cheaper than the 70 asking price in the US? Or am I mistaken?

Comment

There is no justification for Brook-Vargas to be a PPV fight. I can understand Eubank-GGG or Joshua because he was an Olympic medalist and a HW with KO power but not Mr I got stab 3 times in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
            But aren't the PPV's in the UK much cheaper than the 70 asking price in the US? Or am I mistaken?
            Definitely cheaper... £17

Comment

I stopped buying them when Hearn put Bellew/Clev 2 with no title on the line or any kind of final eliminator on PPV.

It's a shame what Eddie Hearn has done to UK boxing.
              I felt exactly the same way.

Bellew/Cleverly was a new low for a ppv.

Hearn however, is not stupid. He knows casuals will pay every time to watch Joshua KO the latest bum.

As long as he makes a fortune on AJ, he can take a risk on a lower return for other domestic fighters on PPV.

Don't blame the player, blame the hype game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Definitely cheaper... £17
                Yeah, I would gladly pay that to watch quality fights. Those British cards are STACKED. And they even air the 4 rounders in the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  There is no justification for Brook-Vargas to be a PPV fight. I can understand Eubank-GGG or Joshua because he was an Olympic medalist and a HW with KO power but not Mr I got stab 3 times in 10 years.
                  What are you talking about?

Brook vs Jojo Dan was worth every penny!

It was better than Gatti vs Ward...

Comment

Within a 3 month period, Hearn is planning 3 PPV's!

GGG/Eubank
                    Brook/Vargas
                    Joshua November defense

There's also talk of a 4th PPV which could be DeGale/Smith if he beats Jack or Selby/Russell Jr
                    Those thre PPV's don't equal one HBO PPV. We pay $70 a pop on top of our monthly HBO subscription. That can be anywhere from $10-$25/mo depending on your carrier. And they go long stretches without having a fight. If you buy every PPV this year you'll spend $280 on PPV's and $300 for HBO premium subscription service.

Comment

Within a 3 month period, Hearn is planning 3 PPV's!

GGG/Eubank
                      Brook/Vargas
                      Joshua November defense

There's also talk of a 4th PPV which could be DeGale/Smith if he beats Jack or Selby/Russell Jr
                      None of those fights get made without PPV, so that's the type of thing to deal with with the launch of main-stage British boxing on the world level.

Still, Degale-Jack, Crolla-Linares, Lee Selby's next fight (I doubt that Hearn believes Selby to be a strong enough draw to carry PPV as a headliner, and adding Russel Jr to the bill isn't going to drive massive money), the upcoming Santa Cruz-Frampton bout from Barclays Center, and a host of other fights are likely for regular Sky Sports or as added value for those aforementioned PPVs.

Enjoy the ride

Comment

Working...
                      X