Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury to 'spar' (basically planning a 12 round fight) Carlos Takam...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury to 'spar' (basically planning a 12 round fight) Carlos Takam...

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...hisora-rematch

Credit to the Fury camp theyve been bringing in quality sparring. Cunningham and Chambers last year for the Haye non fight and Takam for Chisora.

Sounds like he basically wants to have full 12 round fight with Takam, but behind closed doors

Tyson Fury is planning to stage a competitive fight behind closed doors during April to help him prepare for his July showdown with Dereck Chisora.

Fury had hoped to do battle on April 12, which should have been his second bout ahead of his WBO final eliminator against Chisora.

But that date is not now going to happen leaving the Manchester boxer without any meaningful action before his clash with Chisora on July 26.

However, the 25-year-old says Carlos Takam of Cameroon will now be flown in to Britain for a full-on 12-round sparring session behind closed doors.

Fury had also been due to fight David Haye last month - the latter pulled out in November - and he is becoming increasingly frustrated by his attempts to organise a serious competitive fight ahead of this summer's big bash in his home city.

He said: "I will not be inactive or waiting around for anyone, dancing to other people's fiddle. It's all about me. You have to be selfish in boxing.

"I'm very disappointed that I won't be fighting on April 12. I'm not allowed to fight in that and not allowed to have a six or eight rounder anywhere else.

"It's about trying to keep me inactive. They want me not to fight and go off the rails, putting weight on and not train properly. I'm ready to fight now and it's sickening that I can't fight.

"I'm still being paid whether I fight or don't but I'd rather be fighting and they need every edge they can get.

"On April 14 or 15 I'll have a gym fight with Takam. We'll do 12 threes and I might have to give him money.

"It will be behind closed doors, it won't be sold to the media. There won't be any judges there. We'll go at it and whatever happens in the gym will stay in the gym.

"He's six-foot, two-inches, and 18 stone so is perfect preparation for Dereck. So I'll be getting a fight in whether they want me to or not.

"I'll take time off after that, then come back into gym in May to prepare."

It'll keep him sharp

Comment

He should put it on boxnation for the fans

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        He should put it on boxnation for the fans
        Agreed, it'd be a pretty decent fight

Comment

Blimey. If Fury doesn't reach the top, it won't be for want of good sparring, he's probably had sparring as good as or better than Wlad over the past few years, and definitely better than anyone else.

Comment

Takam is one tough hombre,he would be Fury's toughest opponent to date.I very much doubt Fury stops him,and can see Takam stopping Fury if they were to ever fight competitive.

Chisora vs Fury I'm going for a Chisora KO win.

Comment

Working...
            X