Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point of praying for HBO's demise again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the point of praying for HBO's demise again?

No doubt all of the people wishing HBO's disappearance in boxing are Showtime/PBC fanboys.
    Another huge question is which network/streaming service should now take the lead?
    Is it Showtime, ESPN or DAZN?
    Do we now expect Showtime to take a big step and become HBO's replacement?

I don't know if people were praying for HBOs exit from boxing, but obviously HBO wasn't invested in boxing as much as they should have been, and boxing fans want to see fights.

Boxing needs its fighters to be active and fight the best. Showtime and ESPN don't put on enough fights for my liking either, DAZN seems like the network with the most potential in my opinion.

Comment

DAZN streaming is trash....was buffering like crazy

Comment

PBC is the winner, so far....Al has beaten TR, Goldenboy (HBO) AND dazn is next, Wilder has went from Flat fee to possibly a-side vs a guy with 4 belts.

Comment

Why do people care what network shows fights?

Comment

The real question is what happens to Michael Buffer

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              The real question is what happens to Michael Buffer
              didnt he already sign a deal with DAZN?

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
                Why do people care what network shows fights?
                Most probably care because for them it's way easier to turn on your t.v and change a channel than it is to search an app for a fight .

Comment

I think people wanted HBO to **** or get off the pot. Most people wanted HBO to make boxing great again but when they showed they weren't going to invest in boxing that's when people wanted them out of the way

Comment

It makes no sense to me to support one particular network or one particular promoter. I want as many networks as possible to be showing boxing & as many promoters as possible to be putting on great shows cus that means the sport is doing well. This kind of tribalism in boxing is just weird & doesn't help anybody I don't think.

Comment

Working...
                    X