Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: The Offer To Deontay Wilder Will NOT Be Improving!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Aj said he would sign if he got 50mill guaranteed, he got it but didn't sign it. YOU are protecting Aj just as much as hearn is protecting his pockets.
    Yes in the uk

It wasn’t offered in the uk

Team wilder said first they would fight in the uk , they rejected ajs offer saying it’s a 100m fight. Aj agreed and ajs for 50m but suddenly wilder puts on USA which aj laughs at

Then tried to back out with the 50m bs thing which they couldn’t even guanratee or prove. Fake ass liars,

You all fake news

Aj is the only one who is able to send a contract and wilder refused to fight

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      So for a heavyweight saying if he got 50million guarantee (the biggest pay for a heavyweight in HISTORY so it would be "pricing yourself out") but not taking the fight is a Duck? Yes, got it.
      With no proof that you can provide said amount, only a fool would blindly sign up for that. B side needs to understand he is not gonna see more than he is being offered with a legit contract that everyone knows can be backed up. Unlike Wilder AJ is a star. Wilder cant even fill his backyard yet can provide 50 mil for AJ? Very doubtful.

Comment

• This is all just posturing like Wilder talking about 50/50. None of this matter it is basically just setting the starting point, the funny thing is Hearn already came up since he side less now he said the same.

Hearn knows there is money in this fight that why he wants a flat fee, if there wasn't money in the fight he wouldn't care. Plus to keep Joshua happy Hearn needs that number to be approaching the number Joshua said, that can only happen in England if Wilder gets a flat fee. Remember what got said about money after they turned down the fight being in the US pretty much saying money wasn't everything, well why so tight fisted then? pay a legit percentage 35% or so or $15 million with Wilder getting all the US rights or whatever gets the deal done really.

Right now $15 million is ok but there is no reason for Wilder to really accept it, he can pretty much always get it as things stand and he isn't likely to lose anything off that offer. The most risky fight would be Fury (which I think has a good chance of happening before Joshua-Fury) which would be a pretty big fight probably in Vegas with the winner being truly standout (and the loser while set back would still be worth something). There just aren't many heavyweights that bring anything to the table, and Wilder clearly does bring things to the table. So if Wilder is patient and plays his cards right (doesn't flub up an easy fight) he will make more than $15 million for fighting Joshua and doesn't have much downside depending on what he could make in a Fury fight then what he would make actually fighting Joshua down the road ($5 million at least).
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 07-17-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
          The quickest way to the fight will be to sign the contract which he already has. It might be a bad deal, but there's not reason he can't just sign it anyway. Hearn has already gone on record to say that the date and venue can be added to the contract which will act as a pre-contractual representation which can be relied upon.

No one will remember or care what the fight was worth and what the fighters got paid if Wilder becomes undisputed. And once he's undisputed he can make crazy money. The endorsements alone would be enormous.
          That's dealing in bad faith.

Wilder was only entertaining the fight on short money because it was next and it came with a handshake for the rematch in Las Vegas (likely on the $50m against 50% deal).

Rather than that, a September fight got bumped back to October/November, and then back to April of next year, the mutual rematch became a "maybe if Anthony wants it", and Hearn was set to try and use Wilder's name/profile to launch DAZN in the US against Showtime/CBS (with Wilder not cut in on any of the rest of the two-year money beyond the 2 fights). As easy a deal as I can see to walk from, tbh.

Not getting the $20m for the two fights hurts, but Wilder is likely still seeing at least $5m for his next two non-PPV fights, and he'd still have his rep.

Eddie Hearn, though, would get thrown in with pariahs like King, Arum, and Oscar, and you can basically say goodbye to the DAZN deal being extended after the two years (with his word no longer worth anything, no other American fighter will head his way as long as they have options elsewhere).

Pride is a fickle thing

Comment

• The first millenial champion was Fury and the second will be either Joshua or Wilder but I doubt the Ring will crown a champion short of a meeting between the two. Of course some Brits will say who cares we have the majority of the belts and show up to chant at his Parker and Povetkins.

Comment

• Amazing all the details some of you have of the back and forth contract negotiations. All I know is that Wilder should be getting a similar, if not better, offer to the one Parker got.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Wilder was only entertaining the fight on short money because it was next and it came with a handshake for the rematch in Las Vegas (likely on the $50m against 50% deal).
                Honest question: why should the fight being "next" be a particular sticking point?

As for the rematch clause, Wilder should be confident of winning this fight, in which case getting the rematch will be no problem whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falkano View Post
                  Of course it matters what he has made before....
                  It shows what he will bring to the table in terms of generating money.
                  If someone is making around £1m a fight in generated income (tickets/tv/sponsors etc) you can't expect that person to somehow start generating 25x that amount.

Regardless of what we all think of Hearn or Joshua on a personal level they are bringing huge money to the table. Not only that but selling out huge stadiums.
                  Until Wilder becomes a ppv star, sells out 90k+ stadiums he cannot even remotely ask for 50% of what will be made when he himself will likely not even generate 10% of that himself....

Whatever route Wilder goes in AJ will still make £25m+ a fight and whoever he fights will make £5m+ for fighting him. Didn't Parker get around £8m? Will still sell out stadiums.

Where as what will Wilder do? No PPV, No stadiums, no money. People need to wake up and see Wilder isn't some megastar. Until he fights other champions which he has never done he will remain a nobody.
                  To try and say AJ is ducking Wilder by not giving him 50% of the revenue is laughable.
                  Where in my posts did I say AJ was ducking Wilder and that he deserved 50%? I said the exact opposite. Please show me in the history of the sport where the biggest fight to be made was being negotiated and a fighter took a flat fee. It just doesn't happen nor should it. When you go into a situation like that you don't want the fight, you're just putting on to act as if you do. Wilder is more popular than Parker but yet got a percentage and you are telling me Wilder shouldn't get one?

In terms of generating money, Wilder offered AJ the highest gaurantee in heavyweight history plus 50% and it was turned down. For someone who only makes 1.5 mil a fight it sure looks like he can bring a lot to the table. This fight would be both guys highest payday. Neither makes that kind of money in one fight without the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    What you suggest is what they tried to do in accepting the flat fee offer. We all saw how that unfolded (24 hour deadline that turned into 3 weeks). Now that a fight is 9 months away, Team Wilder has to try and squeeze more coin out of Hearn. There is no need to sign or agree to anything until December/Jan.

I guess my issue is that fans want Wilder to forgoe money and chase the fame althewhile endorsing Hearn/AJ chasing money and using money as the reason why AJ doesn't have to fight Wilder. Neither fighter should get the crown as "the man" until they beat the other. Yet fans are endorsing Joshua saying they'll "freeze [Wilder] out" and Hearn constantly suggesting that Joshua fight Whyte in a rematch.
                    My post is straightforward, if it is indeed that this two camp are NOT in cahoot, and somehow Hearn is the one denying everyone the fight. Then it’s simple, forget the money, as long as Joshua beat Povetkin then sign to fight Joshua.

All that stuff about Hearn/Joshua chasing or not chasing money is pretty much irrelevant because they make money and can make money in everyone of their fights. So if Wilder was indeed being ducked, then for that money that Hearn claimed is on the table (15m dollars), I would say sign that contract.

My thing was, if I was in Wilder position I would sign for less. So he has done really well for himself to actually get 15 million dollars offered his way, for someone that is being ducked.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      "There is NO way he would get a rematch "

This would depend how the first fight goes . Certainly its not up to him to demand one .

You can post to these idiots like i do daily on here but in the end they cant grap that Wilder is a 1.4 Million dollar fighter on average that Hearn can dictate basically what he wants in the terms .

Wilder LOST in negotiability logic is an an understatement ! lol
                      Yes he can get a rematch, what I meant is no way he gets one now as the B-side. Team Joshua would give him one if they want, depending on what the outcome of public perception is.

The way Mayweather gave Maidana one, and the way Canelo gave GGG one.

Comment

Working...
                      X