No announcement yet.

With Bivol signing to DAZN...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Bivol signing to DAZN...

Does DAZN have the top figter in all of the heavy divisions?

HW - AJ

CW - Usyk

LHW - Bivol

SMW - Smith

MW - Canelo

LMW - Munguia

Bivol and Munguia have not done enough to be called number 1 in their divisions.

Comment

HW - AJ (toss up with Wilder)

CW - Usyk (yes)

LHW - Bivol (no)

SMW - Smith (yes)

MW - Canelo (yes)

LMW - Munguia (no)

Comment

I usually refer to TBRB rankings to see who is the top in each division. Then I compare that against my perception.

AJ, Usyk, Canelo are unquestionably the best at their weights IMO. TBRB supports this.

There are a number of guys ahead of Bivol and Munguia at LHW and JMW in the TBRB rankings. I feel same way about Bivol but I only really have Hurd and Charlo ahead Munguia at 154.

TBRB has Smith ahead of Zurdo but IMO they are equals at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post

HW - AJ (toss up with Wilder)

CW - Usyk (yes)

LHW - Bivol (no)

SMW - Smith (yes)

MW - Canelo (yes)

LMW - Munguia (no)
          Would've thought that should be a toss up with Fury, seeing as everyone just saw Fury get robbed, but i suppose Wilder has the belt still, for what it's worth.

Agree with the rest though.

Bivol might well be the best LHW but the position is up for grabs i think. Nobody can claim that spot just yet until the champs start facing each other, same with the LMW division really.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I'd say Smith beating Groves puts him slightly above Zurdo as i think Groves is better than anyone his resume, including Hart and a shot Abraham.

I don't think there's a solid no.1 at 168 though yet, but i'd put Smith slightly ahead as it stands.

Comment

I usually refer to TBRB rankings to see who is the top in each division. Then I compare that against my perception.

AJ, Usyk, Canelo are unquestionably the best at their weights IMO. TBRB supports this.

There are a number of guys ahead of Bivol and Munguia at LHW and JMW in the TBRB rankings. I feel same way about Bivol but I only really have Hurd and Charlo ahead Munguia at 154.

I agree with all of this, except Benevidez is the top at 168 IMO.

So just AJ and Usyk, and even that's debatable (Many have Fury as the best)

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                I agree with all of this, except Benevidez is the top at 168 IMO.

So just AJ and Usyk, and even that's debatable (Many have Fury as the best)
                I honestly forgot about David because he's been out for almost a year. I don't know if Fury is ahead of AJ right now.

You mean just Usyk and Canelo, with AJ being debatable with Fury.

Comment

I honestly forgot about David because he's been out for almost a year. I don't know if Fury is ahead of AJ right now.

You mean just Usyk and Canelo, with AJ being debatable with Fury.
                  yeah, I agree with Usyk and Canelo 100% with AJ being up for grabs just due to what's going on in that division (the ironic thing being that Usyk beats all 3 IMO)

and yeah, David is co main on the Spence/Garcia card. Looking forward to seeing him after his layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    With Bivol signing with DAZN - He will not prove He's the best any time soon, with all the top fighters fighting on ESPN...
                    Possibly.

Althouth Bud Crawford is quickly proving to be the best at WW, despite all the other top fighters fighting on Showtime and Fox.

At the end of the day, it's about performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X