No announcement yet.

Heads Up: Deontay Wilder to be on JRE next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Schaub is a moron and incredibly biased, he was sucking up to Wilder and not challenging him at all.
    What do you mean "challenge him" exactly. Idk that you need to challenge someone in an interview. I think you are just getting opinions, stories & philosophies not get into some Jerry Springer argument.

I will admit Schaub is a lil too fast to keep his mouth moving at sometimes & has said some dumb sh^t in the past just trying to keep it moving I feel like, but he's chilled out a lot of that with that goofy ass "Fox Sports were trying so hard to have all black people on the big table" or w/e that weird ass sh^t was several months back now.

Rogan is a bit of a snake and changes his opinion where it suits him i.e. he was suggesting Rousey could beat Floyd and after her defeat he made out like she was overrated. He did a similar thing with McGregor then after Khabib whooped his ass he was trying to make out like it was inevitable.
    From listening to Joe since almost of the beginning of his podcast I've always gotten the feel he's an excitable guy about combat sports. Its what he's loved since he was a child. And can say some hyped up sh^t at times because of that. I think a lot of people are prone to that. I also think Rogan is a cat who's mind is constantly being changed by more info so yea he can take the winning side as the future moves forward, but he's never seemed to be a guy not willing to take the initial L when he was wrong. I believe he's copped to being wrong about Rousey & McGregor in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      What do you mean "challenge him" exactly. Idk that you need to challenge someone in an interview. I think you are just getting opinions, stories & philosophies not get into some Jerry Springer argument.

I will admit Schaub is a lil too fast to keep his mouth moving at sometimes & has said some dumb sh^t in the past just trying to keep it moving I feel like, but he's chilled out a lot of that with that goofy ass "Fox Sports were trying so hard to have all black people on the big table" or w/e that weird ass sh^t was several months back now.

From listening to Joe since almost of the beginning of his podcast I've always gotten the feel he's an excitable guy about combat sports. Its what he's loved since he was a child. And can say some hyped up sh^t at times because of that. I think a lot of people are prone to that. I also think Rogan is a cat who's mind is constantly being changed by more info so yea he can take the winning side as the future moves forward, but he's never seemed to be a guy not willing to take the initial L when he was wrong. I believe he's copped to being wrong about Rousey & McGregor in the past.
      by challenge him i'm talking about asking the difficult question. For example he simply followed Wilders narrative completely and refused to answer the difficult questions when it came to Joshua. It was an unbelievably biased conversation that simply attempted to put Wilder in a good light while also portraying Joshua as cowardly. Like you said he runs his mouth without even thinking about what he has said and as a result he comes across as an idiot. He is also famous for making a statement and then falling in line when Joe Rogan disagrees with him.

As for Rogan, yeah sure he loves combat sports but his discussions about boxing in particular is basic. This is often the case when it comes to many of the people he invites onto his podcast, its fair enough having limited knowledge but he often attempts to show how knowledgeable he is which makes it worse.

And in terms of another example of his flip-flopping...He was a hardline conspiracy nut just like his buddy Eddie Bravo and now he's trying to portray himself as a logical person.

I might be nitpicking a bit but I find he's often not very consistent with his views and as a result doesnt come across as genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        For Fury Vs Wilder I think Fury with a 245 lbs klit fight shape instead of that 256 belly lard belt shape ,he would have schooled DW clean just like he did klit.

Those 12 lbs of lard make him less mobile and tire a bit more.
        Good point. Didn't consider the weight difference from Klitschko to Wilder was mainly thinking of the 400lbs to 250lbs lol so anything was looking amazing from 400lbs.

Wilder just capitalized on Fury tiring late round, he didn't adjust one thing in his game.
        I'm not sure Wilder is capable of adjustments so much. And thats probably another reason I see Joshua vs Wilder as close while giving Joshua the edge. Joshua is limited, but he does seem to adjust in the future & I've been impressed with his ability to be better the next fight around before he ever won a belt.

Sure it was too early because he was 0,1 second away from losing by ko. They took a lot of risks.
        That made it exciting doe. I like when we go into a fight & you got questions on both sides. Thats kinda when you can tell its the perfect time for a fight to be made even if ideally you'd have wanted Fury to have a few more months.

I think Josh will bully wilder counter his swings with straight hard shots. At least AJ has a guard.
        Joshua just moves so slow I think he'll get caught nice by Wilder & it'll be more of a war than a boxing match. I mean Povetkin & Whyte both caught him & had him a lil hurt. If Wilder catches him that could be the end of the fight.

But like I said I lean Joshua myself, but Wilder can f#ck up anyones day specifically if you don't have good movement which I don't believe Joshua does. The most head movement I see from Joshua is during neck exercises.

Comment

Cool, can't wait to watch it. Many times Joe interviewed guys I actually became a fan because you really hear their stories.

Some of you guys beefing with Joe...I've seen him plenty of times disagree with his guests and stick to his opinion.

But you have to remember, his job is to interview the guest...this is not BBC HARDtalk, or Jerry Springer....

P.S. Whatever happened to Derrick Lewis on JRE? Been waiting for that.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            by challenge him i'm talking about asking the difficult question. For example he simply followed Wilders narrative completely and refused to answer the difficult questions when it came to Joshua. It was an unbelievably biased conversation that simply attempted to put Wilder in a good light while also portraying Joshua as cowardly.
            Show me the featured pieces where they do that in sports. That sounds like some sh^t you'll only see on Real Sports outside of these sh^tty hack interviewers like Merchant (RIP to that mfers career) & Grey (although he's toned down his bs).

I just wanna see guys interviewed about themselves. I don't need to see so much back n forth & "challenge questions" or w/e.

If we are doing that I'd rather it be a Face Off type setting so its fighter A calling out fighter B on w/e.

Like you said he runs his mouth without even thinking about what he has said and as a result he comes across as an idiot. He is also famous for making a statement and then falling in line when Joe Rogan disagrees with him.
            He's gotten better about that doe I feel like. That weirdo Fox Sports bs had him looking like a dummy & he had lil to no defense of that dumb sh^t thus it was a lesson learned.

The reality is Schaub has come outta nowhere to be a player in the combat sports media world largely cuz he's got a actual personality & can relate to fighters better than these dorks who ask the same 8 questions in interviews over n over. I mean sh^t on Schaub if you must but don't ignore his competition of interchangable old white guys who've never thrown a punch or taken one, asking the same sh^t from fighter to fighter & from fight to fight.

As for Rogan, yeah sure he loves combat sports but his discussions about boxing in particular is basic. This is often the case when it comes to many of the people he invites onto his podcast, its fair enough having limited knowledge but he often attempts to show how knowledgeable he is which makes it worse.
            Cuz he's more of a martial arts guy than a boxing guy. And I don't necessarily think you need to be an expert to be able to talk about something. I often enjoy hearing less experienced boxing fans talk about boxing to see what gets them excited about the sport & why they love boxing too.

But honestly it seems more like nitpicking to dog a casual boxing fan too hard for not knowing Earnie Shavers name or some sh^t like that thats small potatoes.

And in terms of another example of his flip-flopping...He was a hardline conspiracy nut just like his buddy Eddie Bravo and now he's trying to portray himself as a logical person.
            On the moon thing yea. So what doe? We all live & learn & if you haven't changed your opinion I think you are probably more stupid than a person who has changed their opinion.

I might be nitpicking a bit but I find he's often not very consistent with his views and as a result doesnt come across as genuine.
            Definitely nitpicking & idk where you get he's not consistent more than most. I used to listen to every episode back in the day, but had to quit cuz his opinions are so consistent I've grown tired of hearing his non-changing opinions about most subjects he talks about on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
              P.S. Whatever happened to Derrick Lewis on JRE? Been waiting for that.
              Haha co-sign the f#ck outta this. Idk why he hasn't had Derrick on yet.

Derrick needs to work on some standup comedy career or something. Dude gots a legit funny personality & I really don't think he likes fighting THAT much unlike a lot of guys. Dude looks like he's ready to retire in minute 6 of every damn fight I've seen him in I think lmfao.

But I gotta figure an interview is in the pipeline doe.

Comment

i'd rather see fury round 2, that guy is the man.

but props to rogan for acknowledging the fight, and props to wilder for that 12th round. takes a lot of guts and conditioning to throw a shot like that in the 12th when you've been getting your butt kicked by a guy who is 40 lbs bigger than you are. it's unfortunate that as an interview wilder is probably going to suck.

Comment

Haha co-sign the f#ck outta this. Idk why he hasn't had Derrick on yet.

Derrick needs to work on some standup comedy career or something. Dude gots a legit funny personality & I really don't think he likes fighting THAT much unlike a lot of guys. Dude looks like he's ready to retire in minute 6 of every damn fight I've seen him in I think lmfao.

But I gotta figure an interview is in the pipeline doe.
                  His last fight he told Joe "in two weeks Imma come to your show" in the post fight interview ...been waiting since

Comment

I'm not seeing what you are saying with all the stuff you said before. Care to give another example?

Plus I think your bound to cross wires on some subjects when you are doing 200 shows a year. And mostly I hear Rogan's strong stances being repeated over & over more than I'm hearing him painting over his strong opinions.

And I'm sure he's got a lot of light opinions on sh^t like we all do & he'll often say that too matter of fact cuz I think all of us give no f#cks on about 90% of the sh^t we talk about. So does it even matter if he don't give a f#ck about x & then two episodes later paints over his previous opinion on x does that realllllly matter to anyone in the effort of keeping it moving with your business? I'd suggest it probably doesn't.
                    LetOutTheCage has made the sort of points I would make. I like what Rogan does generally, and it's nitpicking a little bit, as you say, it just grates on me to hear someone who knows next-to-nothing put himself across as knowledgeable, I wish Rogan would be a bit more humble... I dunno, if you listen to Bill Burr, he always admits when he is coming from a place of ignorance... Rogan, not so much. Rogan may be a fight fanatic, but his boxing knowledge is poor at best, and I get the impression that he's not that interested in actually learning anything, but rather just collecting interviews and giving people a platform - which he does very well. As I say, though, whenever Rogan opens his mouth, it's mostly just platitudes and brain-farts haha

Comment

Good point. Didn't consider the weight difference from Klitschko to Wilder was mainly thinking of the 400lbs to 250lbs lol so anything was looking amazing from 400lbs.

I'm not sure Wilder is capable of adjustments so much. And thats probably another reason I see Joshua vs Wilder as close while giving Joshua the edge. Joshua is limited, but he does seem to adjust in the future & I've been impressed with his ability to be better the next fight around before he ever won a belt.

That made it exciting doe. I like when we go into a fight & you got questions on both sides. Thats kinda when you can tell its the perfect time for a fight to be made even if ideally you'd have wanted Fury to have a few more months.

Joshua just moves so slow I think he'll get caught nice by Wilder & it'll be more of a war than a boxing match. I mean Povetkin & Whyte both caught him & had him a lil hurt. If Wilder catches him that could be the end of the fight.

But like I said I lean Joshua myself, but Wilder can f#ck up anyones day specifically if you don't have good movement which I don't believe Joshua does. The most head movement I see from Joshua is during neck exercises.
                      Lol haha AJ neck exercises.

I would think pov is a more complete boxer than Wilder. AJ doesn't have a fenomenal ring iq but he would easily read Wilder.

Wilder's power is great but most dangerous thing about him is his vicious timing and awkward way to punch until the last second. Dude is as vicious and mean as a black mamba. Wilder had a great killer instinct and feels the moment when his opponent is weaker (tired, hurt, distracted) then set up murderous attacks.

I can see AJ behind a tight guard bullying around Wilder kinda like duhaupas and Ortiz except that I believe Josh power would take Wilder out. Josh is a beast too doe.

It takes serious power to take klit, POV or Whyte out. Josh hit like a mule without loading up full ****** like Wilder

Comment

Working...
                      X