Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence can be outboxed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real problem is that Spence stands taller than almost all of the other welters in addition to his overwhelming power and relentless style.

So Thurman would have to deal with a big difference in reach and height as well as all the other stuff.

Crawford is not doing much better in that department either and he would be coming from a lower weightclass too.

Honestly the way I see it, Brook was going to be Spence's biggest problem and he overcame him in strong fashion. So the WW division is up for grabs for Spence.

That #Strapseason thing he keeps mentioning is not a joke.

Comment

3 styles i want to see Spence in with Thurman, Porter and Khan....

Porter might be a harder test than them all

Comment

Tbh I can see Danny Garcia betting spence and im the biggest Danny hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Zinowor View Post
          The real problem is that Spence stands taller than almost all of the other welters in addition to his overwhelming power and relentless style.

So Thurman would have to deal with a big difference in reach and height as well as all the other stuff.

Crawford is not doing much better in that department either and he would be coming from a lower weightclass too.

Honestly the way I see it, Brook was going to be Spence's biggest problem and he overcame him in strong fashion. So the WW division is up for grabs for Spence.

That #Strapseason thing he keeps mentioning is not a joke.
          Well, Spence might be taller than Thurman but he dosen't seem to know how to use his reach advantage so good. He had the reach advantage against Brook but almost never used it.

When you look at a guy like Crawford, he's got the same arm length as Spence, so Spence would basically be only stronger/heavier, but Crawford would be faster/more technical.

Comment

Originally posted by UFC_Boxing View Post
            Spence would basically be only stronger/heavier, but Crawford would be faster/more technical.
            Sometime being bigger and heavier wins over faster and technical.

Look at Chavez Jr, he is worthless as a fighter but because of his weigh advantage early on, he was winning fights against fighter who should have dismantled him.

Now Spence is no Chavez jr (thank God) but just looking at this through another prism.

Comment

Originally posted by UFC_Boxing View Post
              Well, Spence might be taller than Thurman but he dosen't seem to know how to use his reach advantage so good. He had the reach advantage against Brook but almost never used it.

When you look at a guy like Crawford, he's got the same arm length as Spence, so Spence would basically be only stronger/heavier, but Crawford would be faster/more technical.
              He didn't need his reach against Brook, because he kept moving forward against Spence. The few times Brook tried to create distance though he got clocked with a lead right hook from Spence.

Thurman would probably try to keep his distance more against Spence, but with Spence being bigger it would become a big problem. Thurman would have to go in big circles around Spence and thus burning more energy and thus getting even more bothered by Spence's body punches. I don't see Thurman reaching the 12th round against Spence. If he did then he's tough as nails.

Crawford has the craftiness advantage, but I just think Spence has too much power for him. He's already a weight class above him and he also has the height advantage. A fight with Spence doesn't make too much sense for him.

Porter could be a very annoying fight for Spence however, but I have this feeling that Spence would destroy him.

Comment

Working...
              X