No announcement yet.

Fury-Klitschko arena booked. Oct 29th, Manchester Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury-Klitschko arena booked. Oct 29th, Manchester Arena

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 09-05-2016, 03:26 PM.

Lets see if it actually goes thru this time....

Comment

I have some doubts whether it will really happen.

Fury seems to want to avoid the rematch.

Comment

K2 are promoting this event not Peter Peckerwood. Nothing is official until they confirm it.

Comment

This fight has been such a cluster****, I've almost stopped caring.

Comment

If it happens that would be great.

I really hope Fury wins.

The sport needs Tyson to win.

Klitschko rarely demonstrates the style and certainly does not have the personality to help provide entertainment and appeal for the sport outside of certain parts of Europe.

A younger Wladimir was great for the sport, but it wasn't necessarily great for his career and success so I understand completely why he evolved, but it doesn't do the sport well to see the Calvin Brock-present version of Wladimir be "the guy" of the sport's biggest division.

Fury, Wilder & Joshua make the sport become that much more interesting. Some thing that hasn't happen for the division since the end of Lennox's reign.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Is this eight weeks away and Klitschko isn't even in camp ?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                This fight has been such a cluster****, I've almost stopped caring.
                I just want it to happen so the HW division can move on from this fight. This fight is holding up progress

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
                If it happens that would be great.

I really hope Fury wins.

The sport needs Tyson to win.

Klitschko rarely demonstrates the style and certainly does not have the personality to help provide entertainment and appeal for the sport outside of certain parts of Europe.

A younger Wladimir was great for the sport, but it wasn't necessarily great for his career and success so I understand completely why he evolved, but it doesn't do the sport well to see the Calvin Brock-present version of Wladimir be "the guy" of the sport's biggest division.

Fury, Wilder & Joshua make the sport become that much more interesting. Some thing that hasn't happen for the division since the end of Lennox's reign.
                If this is any indication of Fury's HW reign, he's not good for the sport. Wlad was always active and didn't pull stunts like this. The HW division is finally picking up steam and Fury is delaying.

Originally posted by Jewish Reptile View Post
                Is this eight weeks away and Klitschko isn't even in camp ?
                I really have no idea what to think. They announced Ruiz vs. Hughie for the undercard. But I've heard nothing from the Klitschko side. What's going on with Loeffler? What is his job at K2?

Comment

I just want it to happen so the HW division can move on from this fight. This fight is holding up progress
                  So true - it's become a roadblock for a division that has potential to be very exciting in the future.

I like your point about Klitch's activity as title-holder. People have complained about what a boring champ he was and all that, but damn, at least the guy fought.

Tyson Fury is finding more reasons to not fight than anything.

Comment

If this is any indication of Fury's HW reign, he's not good for the sport. Wlad was always active and didn't pull stunts like this. The HW division is finally picking up steam and Fury is delaying.
                    I understand your points, but :

Is it better for the sport if :

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. fights twice a year

or

If Shawn Porter/Jessie Vargas fight four times a year?

What I'm simply trying to demonstrate by using that example is that boxers that people (and by people I mean casual fans) actually care about is what is good for the sport. Yes, competitive match-ups and active divisions are key, but without interest in who is participating than outside of the hardcore fan base it is meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                    X