Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p33bQCojtc

6 ft 10 275.

let's see some more, since it's obviously a new age Gimmick and a sign that the HW division is weak whenever it get's ruled by size kings.
    Let me guess, you're trying to dismiss Klishchko's size as one of the reasons he was dominant for all these years. Guess it was a coincidence he got ridiculed by the first bigger man he went against with he got slumped by the next one with comparable size and reach.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Let me guess, you're trying to dismiss Klishchko's size as one of the reasons he was dominant for all these years. Guess it was a coincidence he got ridiculed by the first bigger man he went against with he got slumped by the next one with comparable size and reach.
      Not at all man. I agree with you. He was bigger than the fatasses he fought, but I was showing this video as a reason to dismiss heavyweights of today being bigger and better. They aren't the division just blows chunks and has no talent

Comment

On the topic of which gloves hurt more. This shouldn't be a debate. 8oz and 10oz fight gloves hurt way more than sparring gloves. You can really damage someone with fight gloves, rock their head and hit them in pinpoint spots.

Even science is behind it. Yes 16 oz is more mass than 8oz, but the 8 oz is coming at a way higher velocity and hitting a smaller surface area.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          On the topic of which gloves hurt more. This shouldn't be a debate. 8oz and 10oz fight gloves hurt way more than sparring gloves. You can really damage someone with fight gloves, rock their head and hit them in pinpoint spots.

Even science is behind it. Yes 16 oz is more mass than 8oz, but the 8 oz is coming at a way higher velocity and hitting a smaller surface area.
          Appleseed has an excellent scientific point--especially the smaller surface area impacted by the smaller gloves.

I like to train with hundred pound sacks of grain attached to my wrists, but I cannot punch my hardest that way. It is mostly for exercise and for show for my fans from the neighborhood, but does increase my punching power once I put the regular gloves back on.

While training, most of what I do will be with the hundred pound sacks attached. I spar and work the speed bag using the sacks. Sometimes my team has to pull me off the speed bag, or I would go too long for my own good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Appleseed has an excellent scientific point--especially the smaller surface area impacted by the smaller gloves.

I like to train with hundred pound sacks of grain attached to my wrists, but I cannot punch my hardest that way. It is mostly for exercise and for show for my fans from the neighborhood, but does increase my punching power once I put the regular gloves back on.

While training, most of what I do will be with the hundred pound sacks attached. I spar and work the speed bag using the sacks. Sometimes my team has to pull me off the speed bag, or I would go too long for my own good.
            Why you trolling you old chub

Comment

How about 7'1 Julius Long?

Size didn't help him any.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/30144

Comment

u need to be also smart enough to use your size advantage, without brain no way u can be an A level fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X