Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Fighter You Said Would Beat Floyd.... .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    Castillo lost that fight, people just got excited because it was Floyds first tough fight. If you watch it without commentary you’ll see that Mayweather basically swept the first 5 rounds after that he only needed to win 2 of the last 7 and he definitely did. In any case, he was injured in that first fight and I had him winning the rematch 117-111. Once he was healthy it was easy work. Funny how no one ever talks about the rematch.
    You have no idea how to score a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      People just don’t want to give him props because they’re jealous/racist but there’s no doubt he’s one of the GOATS. Skill wise I put him #1 if we’re talking “legacy” that’s a totally different debate but when it comes to pure skills there’s nobody in boxing history who was better.
      Exactly...I grew up watching Sugar Ray, Hearns, and the other great fighters of the 80s and 90s...Chavez, Whitaker Oscar, Tito, Toney, Roy Jones, Lennox, Evander, etc...and in my opinion Floyd's talent and skill was at a higher level.

Floyd is in my opinion the most skilled fighter I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Can't force people to fight. A shame, really. I wish Pacquiao hadn't walked away from that fight.
        definitely a shame...neither side seemed eager to make the fight. that fight, or lack of, wrecked message boards and comments sections for way too long.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          definitely a shame...neither side seemed eager to make the fight. that fight, or lack of, wrecked message boards and comments sections for way too long.
          I don't agree with neither side being too eager, but it doesn't matter. You can go back and forth with woulda, coulda. But facts are facts. Mayweather won. Yes, when Manny was past his prime...and he was too. But both were still top three pound for pounders. Mayweather finishes his career as an ATG and best fighter of his generation.

Comment

I don't agree with neither side being too eager, but it doesn't matter. You can go back and forth with woulda, coulda. But facts are facts. Mayweather won. Yes, when Manny was past his prime...and he was too. But both were still top three pound for pounders. Mayweather finishes his career as an ATG and best fighter of his generation.
            it was a trash fight cuz both guys were well past it...if either side really wanted the fight, it woulda got made in 2010.

Comment

it was a trash fight cuz both guys were well past it...if either side really wanted the fight, it woulda got made in 2010.
              Whether it was "trash" or not, doesn't matter. End of the day, it happened, too late, yet when both were still considered pound for pound. And one walked away the winner and the best fighter of his era.

Comment

Whether it was "trash" or not, doesn't matter. End of the day, it happened, too late, yet when both were still considered pound for pound. And one walked away the winner and the best fighter of his era.
                yea...that just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the best fights. proclaiming someone the best of the era means nothing to me personally. as a fan of Floyd, I can't help feeling left wanting by his career. so much talent, so much potential...yet never in a real great fight. it's a rarity that 2 bonafide atgs meet in the same weight class in the same era at their peak...those are the type of fights boxing fans should live for. instead people feel happy knowing their guy got the better of negotiations, or made more money or whatever.

Comment

yea...that just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the best fights. proclaiming someone the best of the era means nothing to me personally. as a fan of Floyd, I can't help feeling left wanting by his career. so much talent, so much potential...yet never in a real great fight. it's a rarity that 2 bonafide atgs meet in the same weight class in the same era at their peak...those are the type of fights boxing fans should live for. instead people feel happy knowing their guy got the better of negotiations, or made more money or whatever.
                  Yeah it sucks.

And...they fought when both were still top three pound for pound and Mayweather won, cementing his status as the best fighter of his era.

Comment

Tell all that to Bob Arum, just like he didn't let Pac fight Floyd, he also wont let Crawford fight Spence, it'll be the same thing again as long as one fighter is with Top Rank

Comment

Yeah it sucks.

And...they fought when both were still top three pound for pound and Mayweather won, cementing his status as the best fighter of his era.
                      pacquiao allegedly being top 3 p4p after being starched by marquez and only beating 1 decent fighter in between, shows what p4p really means. people cling to it like it's some legitimate ranking system that isn't just a bunch of different people's opinions. mayweather should have got to him before marquez...after cotto would have been ideal, but what are you gonna do...

Comment

Working...
                      X