Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Fighter You Said Would Beat Floyd.... .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    I don't post much these days but it does amaze me that people are still doubting, scrutinizing, and hating on Mayweather.

I don't understand why you can't simply give the guy credit as the best of this era, 50-0. The fact of the matter is every fighter you claimed would beat him got dominated when they stepped in the ring with Floyd. So many of you claim you know boxing, you say you understand there are levels to this game, yet you still denied and played down Floyd's abilities.

Fact is you should of realized by 1998 there was no other active fighter on his level. No fighter in his era has ever come close to matching his skill and talent yet for 20 years you bet against him, told casuals he'd lose to what we now know to be lesser fighters and even today you still posting nonsense.

You watched an entire career, watched a guy make history, and even then you still dont know **** about boxing!

Pity
    I'd like to know what fighters people claimed would beat him? He was the favorite in every fight he had except the Corrales one I believe. I never felt a particular fighter would beat him because all fighters he fought, they were past prime, pre-prime or Mayweather negotiated an advantage over them.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
      I said Castillo would beat Floyd. He did. 49-1.
      Castillo lost that fight, people just got excited because it was Floyds first tough fight. If you watch it without commentary you’ll see that Mayweather basically swept the first 5 rounds after that he only needed to win 2 of the last 7 and he definitely did. In any case, he was injured in that first fight and I had him winning the rematch 117-111. Once he was healthy it was easy work. Funny how no one ever talks about the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        If you really paid attention to boxing you’d know Floyd called out Mosley in 99 and 06 he didn’t want it. Cotto in 05 and 06 “wasn’t ready” in the words of his own trainer. Bob showed no interest in the fight until Manny got KO’d after which they had nothing to lose by putting him in there with Floyd. These are all documented facts I get that you don’t like Floyd and you’re a huge Pacquiao fan but there’s no need to be so ignorant. Yeah all these guys were older but stop trying to act like Floyd is some sort of robot who doesn’t age either. He slipped just as much if not more than those guys. 2015 Mayweather was nowhere near as good as 2009 Mayweather. Just like he was way better in 2000 than he was in 2010. Do your research and you’ll see it was these guys that ducked him, not the other way around.
        Oh yeah I really paid attention to Floyd and boxing, enough to know when the welterweight division was heating up, when Cotto, Shane, Margarito, Williams, etc. was willing and ready for Floyd after the Hatton fight, Floyd took a 2 year vacation and left those guys to beat up each other, only to return and fight little a** Juan Marquez, who was pulled up from lightweight, and to add insult to injury, Mayweather welched on the weight stipulation.
        So no, I don't want to hear any excuses about how these guys didn't want to fight. Especially when Floyd became the cash cow. Who's really gonna believe anybody is ducking a defense first fighter like Floyd who is not a ko artist.
        Last edited by djtmal; 11-09-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I'm not a psych. The thread is about what a vast # of posters claimed and how they attempted to discredit Mayweather. Some still do.
          there's plenty of ways to discredit mayweather, but losing fights isn't one of them...other than Castillo 1 imo. most of it is just nitpicking. his legacy is secure and can't really be diminished...all I'm saying is it could have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            Oh yeah I really paid attention to Floyd and boxing, enough to know when the welterweight division was heating up, when Cotto, Shane, Margarito, Williams, etc. was willing and ready for Floyd after the Hatton fight, Floyd took a vacation and left those guys to beat up each other, only to return and fight little a** Juan Marquez, who was pulled up from lightweight, and to add insult to injury, Mayweather welched on the weight stipulation.
            So no, I don't want to hear any excuses about how these guys didn't want to fight. Especially when Floyd became the cash cow. Who's really gonna believe anybody is ducking a defense first fighter like Floyd who is not a ko artist.
            I was ready to take you seriously before you mentioned Cotto and Shane who both ducked Floyd in 2006. Bumgarito? He had 2 chances blew them both against Mosley and Cotto. Williams? He probably would’ve got the fight if he beat Canelo in a fight that was scheduled in 2012 before his accident. Marquez? Most people think he beat Pacquiao at least 2 times of not 3 or 4 and you can make the case Mayweather is the only person who truly beat him. Spread all the propaganda you want these are the facts Mayweather beat all the top guys in his era and the ones he didn’t beat had a chance to get the fight but came up short in the fight they needed to win to get it. I’ll say it again - Mosley was asked about Mayweather in 06 and said himself he didn’t want the fight. Cotto admitted himself that he wasn’t ready. Pacquiao also could’ve got the fight earlier but Bob didn’t want it to happen and Manny was scared of needles so we ended up having to wait a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
              I was ready to take you seriously before you mentioned Cotto and Shane who both ducked Floyd in 2006. Bumgarito? He had 2 chances blew them both against Mosley and Cotto. Williams? He probably would’ve got the fight if he beat Canelo in a fight that was scheduled in 2012 before his accident. Marquez? Most people think he beat Pacquiao at least 2 times of not 3 or 4 and you can make the case Mayweather is the only person who truly beat him. Spread all the propaganda you want these are the facts Mayweather beat all the top guys in his era and the ones he didn’t beat had a chance to get the fight but came up short in the fight they needed to win to get it. I’ll say it again - Mosley was asked about Mayweather in 06 and said himself he didn’t want the fight. Cotto admitted himself that he wasn’t ready. Pacquiao also could’ve got the fight earlier but Bob didn’t want it to happen and Manny was scared of needles so we ended up having to wait a few years.
              its always some excuses and its too many holes here for you to think you are 100 percent accurate...thats you floyd boys problem

floyd was expected to fight the winner of cotto/shane, and both said they are ready; cotto after winning said he was ready for all the big names, but floyd was on vacation...
              floyd had previously turned down 8 million for margarito, and margarito called him out in public...
              floyd walked away from a fight with winky wright...
              floyd walked away from the pac table due to his own problems with pac and cutoff dates...

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                there's plenty of ways to discredit mayweather, but losing fights isn't one of them...other than Castillo 1 imo. most of it is just nitpicking. his legacy is secure and can't really be diminished...all I'm saying is it could have been better.
                Everybody's resume could be better. Kind of an obvious point.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Everybody's resume could be better. Kind of an obvious point.
                  same resume...better legacy if the pac fight happened in 2010ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                    I agree

But the fights I mentioned would have had more narrow odds. As I said before I still think he would win...

Floyd VS Canelo was a joke fight for example. NO ONE thought Canelo was ready
                    Hindsight is 20-20.

Simply not the case, loads of people thought Canelo was not only ready but would win.

The odds were narrow also.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      same resume...better legacy if the pac fight happened in 2010ish.
                      Can't force people to fight. A shame, really. I wish Pacquiao hadn't walked away from that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X