Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: The Changes I Made Will Make it Very Difficult For Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
    This is close to how I see it going. Box and move. But it's all up in the air, anything could happen, big question marks over AJ's mentality when under pressure.

For what it's worth, AJ seems hungry and more focussed, and dare I say it, more humble than before. So I hope this translates to a tightly-executed game plan. With so many physical advantages, AJ should be able to pull it off. The only issue is the mindset. I really think he quit in the last fight, which could be a huge stumbling block for him if it does go late and Ruiz is piling on
    If a fighter gets up after being decked and tells the ref he wants to continue fighting, that's not quitting. AJ takes a long time to recover after being buzzed badly, he also gasses out if he has to fight hard for 3 or 4 rounds and takes a long time to get a second wind.

I think he wanted to continue and was trying to buy time after the last knock down, but he looked out of it, ... so the ref rightly stopped the fight.

Comment

Ruiz is a swarmer and a brawler. There's nothing Joshua can do to make it "very difficult for Ruiz".

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
        Looks like Joshua is shooting for a 12 round survival win. Let’s see how that goes.
        Ruiz has overall better technique hence he should be favoured on points. AJ should rather aim to a ko victory imo, given his supposed power.

Anyway I hope Ruiz wins again, I don't like matchroom boxing and how they decide about aj's opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          If a fighter gets up after being decked and tells the ref he wants to continue fighting, that's not quitting. AJ takes a long time to recover after being buzzed badly, he also gasses out if he has to fight hard for 3 or 4 rounds and takes a long time to get a second wind.

I think he wanted to continue and was trying to buy time after the last knock down, but he looked out of it, ... so the ref rightly stopped the fight.
          Yeah well maybe we have different views on quitting then. Being great means doing what you can't. "Buying-time tactics" is at least a sign of mental weakness. It's like when a fighter stands up just as the ref is counting to 10, then complains, 'oh hey no I'm ready to go' that's a quit in my book. So is standing with your arms on the ropes and ignoring the referee's instructions

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Btw what I say about quitting is no disrespect to AJ, he has achieved so much, and I'm actually rooting for him this time. I have definitely mentally checked out before, i.e. quit, and it haunts you. I'm just saying, it looked like a quit to me, and if so, that might be a big problem for him in this rematch

Maybe you're right, though, maybe it wasn't a quit, I guess only AJ knows for sure

Comment

AJ said the rematch would be in N.Y. is that the change he's talking about? As if Hearn orchestrating wasn't enough.

Comment

He brought in two new trainers for this fight, those changes are going to be very confusing for Joshua come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                  There's a good possibility that this is the way it could go, but im a little more confident that AJ can get it right this time. He stood in close and traded combinations, he wont do that this time Without a head full of cobwebs i think he'll box a clear decision win this time. Hes gonna hold like Wlad when Andy gets close. With all hes advantages at range, its hes to lose. I always thought he looked better lighter, much better on hes feet. One things for sure,if he wins in good fashion, Ruiz will be branded a bum and forgotten unfortunately, because hes a hell of a fighter.
                  The referee will be Luis Pabon, the same ref who allowed Wlad to get away with holding and leaning on Povetkin all night, and, if I remember rightly, only warned Wlad and deducted him a point for actually throwing Povetkin down to the canvas, rather than just tying him up.

I'm a little surprised that Ruiz's team didn't object to Pabon because of that performance.

Comment

Can you stake your head that Ruiz win?
                    Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
                    Ruiz has overall better technique hence he should be favoured on points. AJ should rather aim to a ko victory imo, given his supposed power.

Anyway I hope Ruiz wins again, I don't like matchroom boxing and how they decide about aj's opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                      Yeah well maybe we have different views on quitting then. Being great means doing what you can't. "Buying-time tactics" is at least a sign of mental weakness. It's like when a fighter stands up just as the ref is counting to 10, then complains, 'oh hey no I'm ready to go' that's a quit in my book. So is standing with your arms on the ropes and ignoring the referee's instructions
                      AJ got up at 8, which is what he was supposed to do, and he said he expected the ref to have him replace his gum shield, which was what the ref was supposed to do.

The ref didn't give him any clear instructions, so far as I could see. He asked him if he wanted to box and AJ said "yes" The ref then said something that might have been, "lets go" but waved it off immediately after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X