Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruiz: 'Slim' Joshua Won't Matter, I'll Die Trying To Get The Win!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ should cycle and float around to avoid the temple of doom until someone gets tired!?
    Last edited by Letmaku; 12-04-2019, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Both Ruiz and Robles look fatter than ever! They must have been living large since the huge payday. However that heaviness is what gives Ruiz his punching power. It would have been a mistake to slim down (not that he even tried).

Comment

... Of course I like Ruiz...

... but fights/rematches aren't usually similar...

... landing a debilitating hard punch on the temple / ear usually is an endgame (see, recently, AJ, Kovalev, Tete)... but this kind of punches don't happen all the time, actually...

Comment

AJ ain't no Ali

AJ got lighter but he's still slower than Ruiz. He'll try to imitate Ali and dance around Ruiz for a couple of rounds, that'll work, until he gets tired... then it'll be an old fashioned slug fest. Can't see this no other way than Ruiz winning again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilder_nr1 View Post
            AJ got lighter but he's still slower than Ruiz. He'll try to imitate Ali and dance around Ruiz for a couple of rounds, that'll work, until he gets tired... then it'll be an old fashioned slug fest. Can't see this no other way than Ruiz winning again.
            AJ has slower hands than Ruiz, but nobody talks about him having faster feet. Look at round 1 and 2, if he boxes like that for the fight Ruiz will struggle to close the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... Of course I like Ruiz...

... but fights/rematches aren't usually similar...

... landing a debilitating hard punch on the temple / ear usually is an endgame (see, recently, AJ, Kovalev, Tete)... but this kind of punches don't happen all the time, actually...
              Immediate rematches, in the vast majority of the time, go the same way. Ruiz is too skilled for Joshua imo.
              As long as it isn't a fix, I expect his handspeed will get to Joshua at some point, and have him in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                AJ has slower hands than Ruiz, but nobody talks about him having faster feet. Look at round 1 and 2, if he boxes like that for the fight Ruiz will struggle to close the gap.
                Disagree. Even in the first three rounds, Joshua looked vulnerable. It's not like he was putting on a clinic of Mayweather punch picking.

Ruiz may have plodding footwork, but Joshua is not a slick mover.
                His feet are very slow too.
                Ruiz's handspeed will cause Joshua serious problems again.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                  Disagree. Even in the first three rounds, Joshua looked vulnerable. It's not like he was putting on a clinic of Mayweather punch picking.

Ruiz may have plodding footwork, but Joshua is not a slick mover.
                  His feet are very slow too.
                  Ruiz's handspeed will cause Joshua serious problems again.
                  Well within your right to disagree. Before the knockdowns both ways it was uneventful. Ruiz not being able to close the gap that well was apparent and if AJ uses more of the ring thats his best chance for me.

I got a feeling AJ will try to tie Ruiz up when he comes in but if he’s not strong enough to do that it will get interesting when Ruiz lets them hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                    Well within your right to disagree. Before the knockdowns both ways it was uneventful. Ruiz not being able to close the gap that well was apparent and if AJ uses more of the ring thats his best chance for me.

I got a feeling AJ will try to tie Ruiz up when he comes in but if he’s not strong enough to do that it will get interesting when Ruiz lets them hands go.
                    Yeah my point is Joshua didn't even look comfortable in the early rounds, before all hell broke loose.
                    I just watched it again yesterday. He was looking worried by Ruiz's handspeed from the opening bell. It's not like he was boxing Ruiz's head off at all.

He will have to a LOT of holding to keep Ruiz at bay.

Comment

I really don't understand why joshua lost so much weight, he looks alright but it will be against him in the fight, he should of stayed big and just work on his stamina. The way he fights is not suited for the weight he's now, he should stay the way he was and run ruiz down, he himself said that the punch ruiz landed was sheer luck so why go trough all this transformation if it was a lucky punch

Comment

Working...
                      X