Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Spence would beat Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People going too far with this Horn win. Horn is a bum. I'm surprised people thought he'd give Bud problems because he was a "rough" fighter, but didn't do anything else good. Nothing that happened last night should've been a surprise to anyone.

Spence is not Jeff Horn.

Comment

I don't think people realise how skilled Spence is, in addition to being huge at 147. He matched Brook skill for skill and had the grit and mental strength to breakdown a top 3 welterweight and world champion at the time, away from home. Lets not rewrite history, going into the fight people were picking both ways and it was pretty 50-50, with Spence being a slight betting favourite.

Spence has a great jab, punch variation and workrate in the ring. His sustained body attack and accurate punching would overwhelm Bud imo, I have underestimated Crawford before so I don't want to sound too confident, but Spence is a monster. Anybody who beats him at 147 gets a real signature win.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        I don't think people realise how skilled Spence is, in addition to being huge at 147. He matched Brook skill for skill and had the grit and mental strength to breakdown a top 3 welterweight and world champion at the time, away from home. Lets not rewrite history, going into the fight people were picking both ways and it was pretty 50-50, with Spence being a slight betting favourite.

Spence has a great jab, punch variation and workrate in the ring. His sustained body attack and accurate punching would overwhelm Bud imo, I have underestimated Crawford before so I don't want to sound too confident, but Spence is a monster. Anybody who beats him at 147 gets a real signature win.
        Do you consider Spence a better offensive or defensive fighter than Crawford?

Comment

Spence is massive and has skill, and there does reach a point where size, pressure, and skill overcomes the more skilled fighter. Spence certainly can beat Crawford, even if I think Crawford wins. Crawford does have vulnerabilities when under pressure.

Comment

spence is a tough fight for anyone at 147 lbs. why do you think no one on haymon's sidewalk wanna fight him? and he ain't no horn

Comment

..... because he will

Comment

The real question is why do people lose their mind over one win?crawford was supposed to beat horn,but now people wanna act like crawford beat sugar ray or hagler,crawford couldnt stop jeff horn from coming in hitting him with flush shots,thatd means he damn sure wont be able to keep spence back,and spence not gonna take all those hits,he gonna keep the high guard up,cut the ring off and get his body shots,i see bud outboxing spence the first half of the fight like brook then getting tko late

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I wouldn't mind a Collazo fight.
                  I would pick Spence but not by much. He's bigger, but his solid skills and punching power help more. No one will beat Crawford easily. He can adapt and has a huge arsonal of punches and styles.

Spence by close decision, as he will wear him down.

Collazo? No...he's shot. Garcia, Porter, Thurman, Even Alexander and Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                    Do you consider Spence a better offensive or defensive fighter than Crawford?
                    I definitely consider him a better offensive fighter. He is better at initiating attacks and leading, he has a better punch variation. Crawford's offence is more about capitalizing on the opponent's defensive errors, he is more of a counter-puncher.

Defensively, Crawford is better. He has better legs, reflexes and anticipation. Spence's defence is hard to pull off, he catches, rolls and shoots a lot, it's a dangerous approach but that's his style, he doesn't like to give up ground and that's why he gets hit more.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                      People going too far with this Horn win. Horn is a bum. I'm surprised people thought he'd give Bud problems because he was a "rough" fighter, but didn't do anything else good. Nothing that happened last night should've been a surprise to anyone.

Spence is not Jeff Horn.
                      Yeah, I said everyone would go over the top once he inevitably whooped him. It proves nothing cause Spence would have also demolished him.

Comment

Working...
                      X