Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did Terrence crawford beat to be p4p number 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure not very impressed with his competition.

Comment

Crawford puts fear into his opponents. Has Jeff Horn a naturally bigger man afraid Crawford will use horse hair gloves.

Comment

crawford fake his injury to postpone the fight because he's not yet ready to face horn the future king of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
          He's not #1. Loma is #1, and Crawford is arguably #2. If Crawford beats Spence or Thurman, he becomes #1 imo.
          What version of Thurman tho? Not thurman coming off over a year layoff and injuries. Not that Thurman will take a remotely tough fight without tune ups anyway.

Comment

He's not number 1 for me. He may have cleaned out a division but they were hardly stacked. He has no real top fighters on his resume. When i think of p4p no.1 guys, people like Floyd and Ward come to mind, they had beaten guys that were considered in the top 10 p4p list.

Rungvisai is probably no.1 right now really, tell me a fighter who's last 3 wins are better than his? and some of those wins against the guy who was considered no.1 p4p - he's arguably the only man in boxing who can claim such undeniable top level wins. GGG maybe could've had he not been robbed v Canelo and he's still in the conversation if you just want to consider the reality instead of the bent judges.

The fact is, Crawford doesn't have a single p4p quality opponent from his resume, not even close. Loma too even though i'm a fan. Although Rigo was considered a p4p fighter, he really was too small and I consider that to be just similar to Floyd v Marquez.

For Crawford to lay a claim to true p4p no.1, he needs a win over at least a true top 5 Welterweight now he's moved up, not Jeff Horn. Same for Loma, he would need a Mikey Garcia type of win to be the true no.1 with no arguments.

Right now, Rungvisai is the only guy that ticks the boxes for a no.1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Crawford isn't a bad answer for p4p IMO. He's clearly a truly special fighter on his way to greatness. He's a complete fighter. Can fight inside, outside, from the right or left and has good physical tools. For what I judge p4p on (if all were equal size who's the best i.e eye test not necessarily 100% resume) I can't be mad any anyone having him or Loma as #1. These are the two fighters that stand out from the resat.

There's a a double standard though and I think that's what you are pointing to. I see a lot of folks saying Lomachenko has to beat Garcia and then move up to beat Crawford or Spence to be #1 but when pressed who their p4p is they will often say Crawford as though he doesn't have to meet such a challenge. That despite the fact Loma does have the better resume and I'd say at least three wins better than Bud's signature win to date.

These are my two favorite active fighters (have been since JMM stopped fighting), I have followed them for years and I have no personal favorite between either. I am a huge fan of both.
              Exactly my point.

Comment

Let's not forget lomachenko is fighting at 135 lbs and weighing 137 fight night. Terrence will be 155-160 lbs fight night fighting at 147. There's only guy fighting at his true natural weight here and stopping his opponents.

Comment

Working...
                X