No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Explains Why He Vacated The WBC World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    When Porter vs Danny happens the winner and I repeat the winner will stay well away from Spence. That I can promise you. I feel sorry for Spence. If porter wins he fights Spence maybe end of 2019. If Danny wins it’s 2020 . Just watch Amir Khan now he will now fancy his chances and both Porter and Garcia will welcome him with open arms because it means more reward for less risk even though Khan is capable of beating them but if you compare the level of risk in facing Spence and the reward it’s a no brainier .
    I am hopeful this doesn't happen and will remain optimistic. However, you make very good points. Let's hope SHO/Haymon continue the trend they started this year and make the best fights in each division.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      In 2 years, if Thurman keeps winning, i await those who question him being hurt and decide that he "took a break while the division heated up".

Now this means Spence will fight the Danny/Porter winner and then Thurman will get the winner of that fight after his comeback tune up.
      You guys are high as **** if you think Porter or Garcia are going to step into the ring with Spence.

Spence is NEVER going to get all the belts and unify. The alphabet orgs don't want it, it benefits them none, so why would they?

Everyone posting is acting like title champions HAVE TO unify. These guys are going to come up with excuses until Errol hits 154lbs. Hell, they'll try and duck Keith when/if he comes back too.

Comment

Originally posted by kaydub View Post
        you guys are high as **** if you think porter or garcia are going to step into the ring with spence.

Spence is never going to get all the belts and unify. The alphabet orgs don't want it, it benefits them none, so why would they?

Everyone posting is acting like title champions have to unify. These guys are going to come up with excuses until errol hits 154lbs. Hell, they'll try and duck keith when/if he comes back too.
        ����������

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
          You guys are high as **** if you think Porter or Garcia are going to step into the ring with Spence.

Spence is NEVER going to get all the belts and unify. The alphabet orgs don't want it, it benefits them none, so why would they?

Everyone posting is acting like title champions HAVE TO unify. These guys are going to come up with excuses until Errol hits 154lbs. Hell, they'll try and duck Keith when/if he comes back too.
          You could be right. But I am hopeful SHO/Haymon keep the momentum going and keep giving us the best fights.

Errol also mentioned Danny and Porter on SHO sat night so maybe there is a plan in place.

I'm going to remain optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            And how much money do you need to "sail off into the sunset" exactly? Lol Without knowing his current quality of life, there's no way to answer that question.

Keith Thurman has likely made NFL first round draft pick money in his career. I count at least $7 million over the last three/four years. That's more than 95% (probably closer to 99%) of professional boxers. Not to mention his potentially promising career as a commentator.
            10% cut to Haymon off the top, ~10% to his trainer, costs and fees associated with being a boxer that will eat into that. Then you have to consider this is all income, so he's hitting some top tax brackets. So everything over ~$450k is being taxed at 40%. So effectively his $1 million payday is more like ~$600k and his $2 million paydays are looking like $1.1 million.

Sure, he's making money, but not retire for life money. He's probably close, I just know I wouldn't want to retire with what he has. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he hasn't made anywhere near enough money to quench that hunger. There's no way someone looks at their bank account at his level and says "Yeah, that's good enough." Not when there are more million/multi-million dollar paydays out there.

Btw, I'm a midtown NYC lawyer working in big law (private equity M&A). I think I understand money pretty well. I make my fair share. Lol
            Well forgive me, you're one of the few here if this is true. I think you can see where I'm coming from with my initial reaction based on the typical posters here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              You could be right. But I am hopeful SHO/Haymon keep the momentum going and keep giving us the best fights.

Errol also mentioned Danny and Porter on SHO sat night so maybe there is a plan in place.
              I'll believe it when I see it. Errol's only chance at that title was through Thurman.

I know it's popular around here to call Thurman a ducker, but he's never ducked anybody. You think Porter or Garcia will actually fight Errol? These two are guys known to duck and dodge fights... Porter wanted none of Keith when he had that IBF strap and I don't even need to say anything about Garcia.

I'm going to remain optimistic.
              You haven't been following boxing long?

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                Either KT is terrified of EP!
                Or.... he is injured and would rather vacate than to take all the heat for incubating like DSG did and he was healthy fighting bums!
                KT... we hope to see you back in action soon!
                You guys need to read about occams razor.

WBC wants to make some money so they took the title to force the Porter/Garcia fight to make a quick buck. They aren't making any money on Keith just sitting on the title injured.

KT isn't terrified of EP but he also didn't just vacate the title because he felt bad about holding up the division.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
                  I'll believe it when I see it. Errol's only chance at that title was through Thurman.

I know it's popular around here to call Thurman a ducker, but he's never ducked anybody. You think Porter or Garcia will actually fight Errol? These two are guys known to duck and dodge fights... Porter wanted none of Keith when he had that IBF strap and I don't even need to say anything about Garcia.

You haven't been following boxing long?
                  I've been watching for 30 years. I am optimistic based on the things SHO/Al have done so far this year. I understand that hasn't been the case the last few years.

Been a good year so far and it looks like SHo/PBC have set up a number of quality fights for the 2nd half of the year.

Comment

Quack quack quack

Comment

Originally posted by Karoriori View Post
                      Keith Thurman can go back to playing flutes in the grass
                      the visual is hilarious!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X