Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Team Ward and HBO setup Chad Dawson on par to John David Jackson ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maracho View Post
    They used to call it underhanded, skullduggery, racketeering, etc but its now referred to as thug cred. Romans 1:32

Here is Nevada, HBO, and Oscar violating the Ali Act

Here is Max instigating another violation of the Ali Act
    Log off Chad. I'm sorry you didn't save your money.

Comment

I imagine that HBO's professional **** starter Max Kellerman got Ward's 168 Pound ball rolling and Dawson ran with it from there.
      However, Dawson found the weight loss excruciating and says he tried his best to change their fight to catchweight but neither Ward or HBO would budge for the longtime warrior.
      Interesting, Dawson's trainer John Scully also seems to throw Dawson under the bus after the fight but a bit more subtle than John David Jackson's latest antics against his fighter Kovalev.

Dawson later called the whole thing a HBO set-up so I'm wondering if it's like the whole low blows John David Jackson, Tony Weeks fiasco

All of that WRONG

Dawson OFFERED to fight for Ward's 168 title.

They are called FACTS.

Acquaint yourself with them.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        The OP is probably referring to a quote from Chad years ago when he said he felt like he was set up to lose by HBO by having the fight at 168 and in Oakland, but Chad Dawson and Chad Dawson alone is responsible for that fight being a possibility and making it at 168. What was Ward supposed to do? Take the bait-and-switch once the fight was signed?

Dawson, in the ring and on the mic, called Andre Ward out and said they could do it 168 no problem. On television. And proceeded to tell the press time after time that he made 175 "eating cheeseburgers" in camp, and that making 168 would not be an issue.

It was just an incredibly poor decision by Dawson. I don't know how much he would have made in a rematch with Pascal, but I assume it would have been similar or better than the 600k and a ruined career he got from Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          TS is ignorant. Chad's trainer at the time, who posts here sometimes, said that it was Chad's idea to meet him at 168 and he was surprised by it.
          If you think a guy should be able to talk big, then try to weasel out of it, well I guess that says a lot about you then.
          John "Iceman" Scully.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            What motivated to go back in time to **** on the guy. He's the number one fighter pound for pound and will probably retire that way.
            I used to be a huge fan of Ward, predicted he'd win the Super Six and can prove it by my posts at other sites but I'm seeing signs of ill gotten gain

The fact that your hurt indicates that my inquiries may be exposing truth

Comment

I used to be a huge fan of Ward, predicted he'd win the Super Six and can prove it by my posts at other sites but I'm seeing signs of ill gotten gain

The fact that your hurt indicates that my inquiries may be exposing truth
              I'm not hurt, I just don't understand that line of thinking. All my favorite fighters are winners, I don't need to go back in time, I'm fine with reality.

Comment

Dawson wanted to replace Taylor in the super 6 tourney and he called out Ward at 168. He made a dumb decision. Not to mention he was fighting two old men back to back then fought the young bucks and started losing.

Comment

They used to call it underhanded, skullduggery, racketeering, etc but its now referred to as thug cred. Romans 1:32
                  what kind of cred do you illegal immigrants have?

whoever does not enter the city by the gate, but climbs in over the wall, is a thief and a robber.

John 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    I'm not hurt, I just don't understand that line of thinking. All my favorite fighters are winners, I don't need to go back in time, I'm fine with reality.
                    well if you cant see anything underhanded in the recent john david jackson and that low blow tko fiasco, then your just another bad for boxing bloke

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Snap View Post
                      Dawson wanted to replace Taylor in the super 6 tourney and he called out Ward at 168. He made a dumb decision. Not to mention he was fighting two old men back to back then fought the young bucks and started losing.
                      very true and he also tried to change it to catchweight when he found how week he was getting but SOG kept him at his original word

Comment

Working...
                      X