Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are people really rating Wilder higher now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Boxing IS fickle & I think people ARE impressed with the KO cuz KO's are often impressive, but idk that anyone is suddenly throwing Wilder into the #2 or #1 spot off of this W.

I had Wilder #3 in the division before Breazeale, I was impressed with the KO. And I still got Wilder #3 in the division.

And I'd imagine few people who's opinion is worth a damn moved Wilder higher in their own personal HW rankings off of this W.
    Agreed. Still have him as #3 and is very beatable but I will admit that, despite watching quite a few of Wilder's fights, this is the first one that really made me think 'Wow, that is devastating!'.

Wilder could move into any combat sport that has punching and be a force.

Obvious thing to say but I think anyone with a good level of power needs to be in quick and get him out in the 1st or 2nd.

Comment

I mean AJ still living off the Klitschko win two years later so why not

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I mean AJ still living off the Klitschko win two years later so why not
        Wilder and Fury are doing the same in other (equally tragic) ways.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlytheTruth View Post
          Fury is living off his “draw” from December, and Wilder is living off his KO’s of Ortiz, Breazele and the 12th round KD of Fury. Those are what’s causing their profiles to skyrocket. Also not being stuck on a streaming service that nobody even pronounced properly.

The hell are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I think its the devastating fashion that he KO Breazeale. Its a highlight reel KO.
            People love that ****. All you gotta show are the KO’s on Lehiavoch, Stiverne, Spilzka and Breazele in a sexy little promo package and casuals will be watching his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Fury is living off his “draw” from December, and Wilder is living off his KO’s of Ortiz, Breazele and the 12th round KD of Fury. Those are what’s causing their profiles to skyrocket. Also not being stuck on a streaming service that nobody even pronounced properly.

The hell are you talking about?
              I can pronounce Matchroom and Sky quite easily

Fury is still living off his win over Klitschko and acting as the 'lineal' which can be disputed. That claim is the only reason he would have been considered a decent enough level to get the Wilder match after his binge layoff/retirement. He's raised his head once (against Wilder) and now is fighting Schwarz for mega bucks.

Wilder is living off an inflated record. Its quite easy to market something into popularity. I mean an Egg recently became the most liked picture on Instagram for Christ sake!

I would really argue that their profiles are skyrocketing. Wilder just defended his WBC which wasn't a PPV. Not exactly confidence in his ability to sell a fight, is it?

Comment

Nah Fury wasn't living off his Klitschko win that long he already went to LA for a sequel

Comment

AJ can't box like fury, and so AJ automatically is 3rd in my book.. he does have the power of Wilder nor the boxing ability of fury.. 1.wilder 2.fury 3. Dodo joshua

Comment

I can pronounce Matchroom and Sky quite easily

Fury is still living off his win over Klitschko and acting as the 'lineal' which can be disputed. That claim is the only reason he would have been considered a decent enough level to get the Wilder match after his binge layoff/retirement. He's raised his head once (against Wilder) and now is fighting Schwarz for mega bucks.

Wilder is living off an inflated record. Its quite easy to market something into popularity. I mean an Egg recently became the most liked picture on Instagram for Christ sake!

I would really argue that their profiles are skyrocketing. Wilder just defended his WBC which wasn't a PPV. Not exactly confidence in his ability to sell a fight, is it?
                    AJ isn’t fighting on PPV, Fury isn’t fighting on PPV. Not every fight is PPV worthy. And the only people disputing the Lineal title are hearniacs and AJ fanboys because they’d never even heard of it until recently.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      AJ isn’t fighting on PPV, Fury isn’t fighting on PPV. Not every fight is PPV worthy. And the only people disputing the Lineal title are hearniacs and AJ fanboys because they’d never even heard of it until recently.

Joshua is fighting on PPV matey. So is Fury. Remember that there is more to the boxing world than what is on offer in North America.

If Fury didn't lean on his lineal claim, how did he get the Wilder fight? It was either a cherry pick by Wilder or Fury self-promoting using a dubious claim despite claiming he'd retired.

I'm glad you didn't dispute any other part of my post though

Comment

Working...
                      X