Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Reality check: Crawford-Spence not happening soon, says Ellerbe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    1. Ellerbe doesn't speak for Spence or Haymon.
    2. Bob still hasn't called and he said he would right after the fight.
    3. Talk is cheap, what has Bob actually done to make this fight or any of the Top Rank vs PBC fights that fans have wanted.
    4. There is a difference between desiring or agreeing with this marination between Crawford/Spence and understanding it from a business perspective and refusing to complain or call either fighter a duck.
    Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Despite everyone knowing Bob's attacks on Haymon & PBC not one person has yet to say Bob should stop this behavior and attempt to build a bridge he burnt. Just this weekend he told people to boycott PBC & played the race card. But boxing fans think this is acceptable behavior and Haymon & Fox executives should be willing to reward his behavior and work with him.

Comment

spence looking like a straight HOE right now. hiding under Haymon's nut sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        yeah its a culture...

did you complain to all the guys cheering on arum and fury when they pulled away from a wilder rematch?

did you say the same thing to guys telling charlo hes stupid to not go to DAZN to get good fights? if you did please show me where you did
        No i criticise them not defend them or make excuses or rejoice, I criticise them.

Go into my post history and look at the charlo comments. When you are NOT a fanboi then your posts would be clear and straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          Arum doesn’t wanna make the fight and you guys know it. At least not as a joint PPV. He’d make the fight tomorrow if it were on ESPN with Spence signed to a multi fight contract. Crawford is damn near TR’s whole operation and he’s not gonna let Spence waltz on in and beat his fighter and step.
          Arum said said he would. Ellerbe has said its not happening anytime soon so I find it hard how someone can place the blame on arum at this point given all we’ve seen and heard. until pbc says “ok fine let’s do a joint ppv” and arum backtracks As far as I’m concerned it’s them that don’t want the fight. Can’t you just man up and admit pbc are the ones preventing it. You fanboys are something else.

Comment

Arum is what in his 80's?

With a bit of luck he will retire in the near future and enjoy the rest of his life. Not saying that he is solely to blame for this, as I think all sides share responsibility but Arum is difficult to deal with.

When the old guard are out of the game and fresh faces come in hopefully things will change.

Comment

Not surprising news...

Like I said last yr, they know Crawford is already 31 years old now. They have no problem waiting for him get a little older an slow down a bit.

By the time this fight gets made Crawford will be going on 33 years old.

PBC have been building towards a Spence vs Thurman showdown all along and they are not deviating from that course.

Comment

Spence shouldn't fight a bum like Porter.

Comment

And playing the race card this weekend didn't make it any better. Bob must be brought to heel.
                  It can’t work both ways. Weve seen haymon fighters come out in the past and openly admit they prefer working with al over other promoters and trust him because he’s a black man. You can’t get mad at arum for pretty much saying the same thing

Comment

Both sides know what they have brewing. It's all about building that demand over and over. Just like they did for Floyd and Pac to bleed the fan base dry and hit us with a $100 ppv. Look for this bs to carry on for at least another couple years.

Comment

Despite everyone knowing Bob's attacks on Haymon & PBC not one person has yet to say Bob should stop this behavior and attempt to build a bridge he burnt. Just this weekend he told people to boycott PBC & played the race card. But boxing fans think this is acceptable behavior and Haymon & Fox executives should be willing to reward his behavior and work with him.
                      Please take note at the "lack of outrage" when Arum made his race-baiting comments! Take note of who has a voice now, and didn't have one then! Those are the real haters! people have been brushing off Arum way back before "Manny is scared of needles," "We need an outdoor stadium," etc., but this:

Arum told a group of reporters, referring to Haymon. “He’s gonna say, ‘Spence, listen to me. Don’t listen to the white guys, because if you listen to the white guys they’re gonna steer you down the road. Listen to me, brother. We’re part of a brotherhood. And if I tell you not to fight Crawford, I’m telling you not to fight Crawford.’ That’s exactly what he will say.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-hay...e-guys--138214

That is "beyond the pale!" That should've been addressed by not only by posters here, but ESPN as well!!! Max, Stephen A., Teddy Atlas, Joe Tessitore, Timothy Bradley, etc.!!! They should've all made a comment, demanded an apology, SOMETHING!!! Totally unacceptable, and as much I love Terence Crawford, at this point, I could care less if he ever gets a shot at unifying at WW!

Comment

Working...
                      X