Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per Leon Muhammad, R Garcia hinted that Mikey fighting Spence was a "business decisn"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I told everyone a dozen times, in fact, MIKEY told everyone. Before the fight was announced Mikey said he was offered money he couldn't turn down for a fight that was "kinda crazy". He couldn't talk about it but was hoping to announce it soon. Then, the Spence fight discussions started.
    It was strictly for the money. And I say that as someone who has been a huge Garcia fan up until this BS.
    I don't know man, they must have known Mikey was a willing participant to even offer this. Mikey was even thinking of fighting Cotto and was beating the drum for a fight against Thurman. I think Mikey really thought he could go up in weight and dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I don't know man, they must have known Mikey was a willing participant to even offer this.
      He's been saying for 2 years that he's looking for real money fights. I was worried that it would come to something like this because he sounded like money was the priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
        Not similar at all as I’ve said before I didn’t expect Mikey to get himself killed once he figured out he had no chance but he took ZERO chances from the opening bell and only fought to survive like a journeyman who gets paid to survive.
        Not similar exactly how? And Spence hits harder than Floyd so JMM should have been prone to taking more risks than Mikey, but he didn't. So answer my question, why didn't JMM, who has one of the biggest hearts in the history of boxing, not take risks against Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Maybe the same money wasnt available for Pacquiao. Most likely the only way they could afford to sign Pacquiao after the whole reason he left Arum was Arum didnt think he could make money paying Pacquiao that much is if they get the Mayweather rematch out of that Pacquiao contract. So if they give Mikey the Pac fight instead, and Mikey beats Pac, hypothetically, then May-Pac II is dead, and they lose tons of money on Pacquiao.

Plus I think it was really all about Spence. They didnt pay that money to Mikey for Mikey, they paid it to Mikey as an investment in Spence, an undefeated American welterweight who they want to turn into a PPV star.

So I dont think you can say the fact Mikey fought Spence instead of Pacquiao proves he was daring to be great. On the surface that seems like a good argument but it's probably not that simple. Also pacquiao is old and Mikey's size or smaller so Mikey would have no excuse losing to him. This way, it seems like he planned a double cashout. Get big money to fight Spence at 147, use the size excuse to say it doesnt prove anything and you still deserve a shot at Loma, then get another big payday vs Loma.

Mikey's career has always been a joke. I hope the Loma fight dosnt even happen now. To duck an undisputed P4P #1 fight, go lose every round, but still hold onto your belt, well 1 of them, now it's not even an undisputed fight because Mikey's bull**** move splintered the belts again... this is exactly the type of bull**** Im talking about why we never have "one face one name one champion" per division like fans want and even some fighters, like Wilder, give lip service to, but then boxers advised by his same adviser, Al Haymon, do the opposite with their actions, including most recently, Wilder himself.

It's a joke. That's why I told people all along, PBC = the sport of BUSINESS, HBO/DAZN/ESPN = the sport of BOXING. Stop hyping up boxers who go to PBC, most of the time you will only be disappointed. The guys who want to fight the best go to HBO/DAZN/ESPN. The guys who want to be protected from the best but still make "easy money" vs mismatch opponents go to PBC. At least, that's been my experience watching boxing, in my opinion.
          So let me get this straight, you talk about how HBO/DAZN/ESPN is the sport of boxing (L-O-L), and those guys want to fight the best.....Yet you are blasting Mikey from fighting arguably THE best WW in the world? What are you even doing here?

Ducked Lomachenko? Absolutely didn't happen. At no point was the fight even being discussed. Clear from reading that sentence and your last paragraph where your bias lies.

And we don't know how much money was there for the Pacquiao fight. Maybe it wasn't what he ended up getting for Spence, but he's been calling out Spence for nearly two years now. And it's not like Spence is this huge money man like say Canelo or Joshua. He legitimately thought he could win this fight. He ended up being wrong, but he doesn't deserve to get blasted for that. If this was just all about a money grab, then he would have quit after the 9th round. Why continue to take unnecessary punishment at that point when the money is already made at that point?

Your point about this being an investment for Spence and Haymon doing this to build Spence up would be valid...........Had it not been Mikey who kept telling him to make this fight. Mikey said Haymon didn't take him serious the first time and then the next time he told him, Haymon asked him are you sure? Is your brother and father good with you taking this fight? And Mikey is along with Spence the best fighter at PBC and one of the most marketable ones going forward. So Haymon wouldn't just sacrifice him just to build Spence's name.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Not similar exactly how? And Spence hits harder than Floyd so JMM should have been prone to taking more risks than Mikey, but he didn't. So answer my question, why didn't JMM, who has one of the biggest hearts in the history of boxing, not take risks against Floyd?
            Get this watch the fight Mikey took zero zero chances with Spence none whatsoever that’s the difference zero chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
              Get this watch the fight Mikey took zero zero chances with Spence none whatsoever that’s the difference zero chances.
              So please tell me all the chances Marquez took, especially in the 2nd half of the fight. Let me help you out here, the smaller fighter in both cases couldn't close the distance or overcome the bigger fighters jab, that's why "zero chances" were took. How are you going to take chances without being able to close the distance? Do you want Mikey to just start coming in recklessly and leaving himself wide open? Both JMM and Mikey are counter punchers and it is extremely difficult to counter faster/quicker/longer/stronger fighters.

Comment

So please tell me all the chances Marquez took, especially in the 2nd half of the fight. Let me help you out here, the smaller fighter in both cases couldn't close the distance or overcome the bigger fighters jab, that's why "zero chances" were took. How are you going to take chances without being able to close the distance? Do you want Mikey to just start coming in recklessly and leaving himself wide open? Both JMM and Mikey are counter punchers and it is extremely difficult to counter faster/quicker/longer/stronger fighters.
                Thats more of a chance than doing nothing instead. Especially if you are losing anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
                  Thats more of a chance than doing nothing instead. Especially if you are losing anyways.
                  I guess, but in that case did you see JMM do that against Floyd?

Comment

I guess, but in that case did you see JMM do that against Floyd?
                    No. Marquez is no Erik Morales.

Comment

BoxingIsGreat

ey bruh, this video is GOLD! One of the best uploads this week.

I think Loma Garcia is going to be a HUGE PPV. Seems like this was all by design. Smarts moves by the Garcia camps, and Leon Muhammad shreds HAYMON and the PBC fighters in this video.

Comment

Working...
                      X