No announcement yet.

LMAO. Amazon HQ dumps nyc HC of AOcortez and democrats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    1500 jobs gain, but let's not forget the thousands of construction workers and 25000 that could've been hired in NYC, major loss for the city.
    No, no!!

Those jobs are coming, eventually.

And when they do, we will have to solely thank AOC and Team D for them.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 12-09-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      1500 jobs gain, but let's not forget the thousands of construction workers and 25000 that could've been hired in NYC, major loss for the city.
      TBH, I wouldn't have been upset with zero jobs from Amazon coming in. What we wanted was to not have to bend over to Bezos or subject our neighborhoods to rapid gentrification / rent price increases to get just 25k jobs in return. 25k is a drop in the bucket for a city with over 8.5 million residents (over 20m in the entire nyc metropolitan area), and not worth losing our heads over.

But, as anticipated, Amazon is deciding to enter the city anyway without the tax incentives. And if it's anything like other tech companies have been doing, it will continue to expand that presence over time. Win win, in my book. We get a gradual introduction of jobs into the city, making it realistic that many of those jobs will be filled by native NYCers, and we don't have to bend over to get em.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-09-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        TBH, I wouldn't have been upset with zero jobs from Amazon coming in. What we wanted was to not have to bend over to Bezos or subject our neighborhoods to rapid gentrification / rent price increases to get just 25k jobs in return. 25k is a drop in the bucket for a city with over 8.5 million residents (over 20m in the entire nyc metropolitan area), and not worth losing our heads over.

But, as anticipated, Amazon is deciding to enter the city anyway without the tax incentives. And if it's anything like other tech companies have been doing, it will continue to expand that presence over time. Win win, in my book. We get a gradual introduction of jobs into the city, making it realistic that many of those jobs will be filled by native NYCers, and we don't have to bend over to get em.
        Dude, this is some really pathetic cheerleading.

25k jobs in one shot.

How many current employers in NYC even employ 25k people??

Calling 25k jobs nothing just so you can cheer on your team and your political heroes is flat out ridiculous.

I thought higher of you, but you proved me wrong. You must be 'winning', while losing 25k jobs though.

Comment

• Its interesting seeing a D superfan suddenly concerned with tax dollars when the subject is tax incentives for job creation.

But when the tax dollars go to abortions, tranny surgeries, welfare, food stamps, and the other Team D wants, well they cant spend the tax dollars fast enough.

Comment

• AOC ?

I thought this was about Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's great recent form.

continue..

Comment

• Amazon doesn’t need tax incentives, they will find other ways of avoiding paying taxes anyway.

Comment

• Funny seeing the same people who call Trump a "liar or misleading"..

Cheer leading this moron AOC who is 100x worse and for some reason gets a pass

Yes "she won" and we should all say sorry to her like she has asked.. what a raging egomaniac

****ing moron probably doesn't know the difference between 25k and 1.5k.. it's not even in her ****ing district.. what exactly has she won?

She had no part in amazon coming to NY

The only part she played was ruining future opportunites for the people of NY

Comment

• Amazon halts construction on its HQ2 development in Arlington, Virginia
                  Amazon and JBG Smith Properties, the developer working on the project, have not announced a date for when construction would kick off following the pause.
                  https://www.archpaper.com/2023/03/am...gton-virginia/

Hm, guess bending over backwards because a company makes some promises to you doesn't always get you what you want. The first part of development is still not even done yet, and will house 8000 employees when it is. The second part of development has been paused until further notice.

In the meantime, Amazon has hired a few thousand employees in NYC anyway despite the city not acquiescing to their demands.

But here conservatives had assured me NYC got the short end of the stick
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-08-2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    https://seekingalpha.com/article/424...n-headquarters

Lmao

How anyone can be this stupid, but then I remember that people actually vote for her and support her in the lounge.

Just another rotation on the wheel of perpetual poverty for liberal voters

She cant have high paying jobs come into her area, she needs you to be a dumb ******.

Plus its not fair to her constituents that are unwilling to work. Her words not mine

If her base had jobs, and didnt need to leech, she would lose power

Gotta keep jobs away from her area, cant have colored people being self sufficient
                    She's been losing so much support lately

Great to see

She is soooo cringe

"I'm Latina vote for me!!!"

ND SHES A COMMUNIST

Comment

Working...
                    X