No announcement yet.

Canelo v Vazquez: What Does It Mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo v Vazquez: What Does It Mean?

I just came across a pretty interesting fact, before Vazquez's move to lightweight and very early on in both men's careers, Canelo and Vazquez fought each other, Canelo winning a decision both times.

Now that Vazquez has gone on to have a terrific career of his own, what do those wins mean, if anything?

I've actually been looking for this fight, i heard vazquez did to canelo what carlos molina did to chavez jr tho.

Comment

Vazquez is a running bum. One of the biggest cowards the sport has ever seen. I wouldn't consider him as someone who is leaving a mark in boxing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Vazquez is a running bum. One of the biggest cowards the sport has ever seen. I wouldn't consider him as someone who is leaving a mark in boxing at all.
        Wow some of your post are astounding!!! How do you call yourself a boxing fan???

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          Apparently any fighter that has the talent to avoid unnecessary damage is a coward for you. Begs the question if you have done boxing yourself. Bernard Hopkins must be a pu$$y right?

Comment

it was a 10 round fight with el titere fighting as usual coming in and out, holding etc... canelo going forward showing good defense and countering great, for 7 rounds el titere traded good punches with canelo and fight was actually close, but coming into the 8th canelo rocked vazquez after that canelo took over the championship rounds, titere just tried to end the fight on his feet... and for those who try to make it look like a controversial decision or a robbery, titere seemed pretty cool with the decision ...

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              Apparently any fighter that has the talent to avoid unnecessary damage is a coward for you. Begs the question if you have done boxing yourself. Bernard Hopkins must be a pu$$y right?
              The answer to that is pretty obvious. That kid is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                it was a 10 round fight with el titere fighting as usual coming in and out, holding etc... canelo going forward showing good defense and countering great, for 7 rounds el titere traded good punches with canelo and fight was actually close, but coming into the 8th canelo rocked vazquez after that canelo took over the championship rounds, titere just tried to end the fight on his feet... and for those who try to make it look like a controversial decision or a robbery, titere seemed pretty cool with the decision ...
                Trout was pretty cool with the decision vs Canelo too. But I guess there was nothing controversial about it right? And funningly enough I see you only describing one fight which leads me to believe youre only saying whatever is convenient to you. Which is pretty obvious by the last statement in your post.

"Vazquez was cool so it wasnt controversial."
                Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 07-01-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Trout was pretty cool with the decision vs Canelo too. But I guess there was nothing controversial about it right? And funningly enough I see you only describing one fight which leads me to believe youre only saying whatever is convenient to you. Which is pretty obvious by the last statement in your post.

"Vazquez was cool so it wasnt controversial."
                  dont take my word, google it and download it, i could try to give you a description round by round but from 1-7 they are almost the same, titere was actually agressive to some point but he was getting also countered with hard shots.. got rocked on the 8th and backed down after that for the rest of the fight...the only reason i pointed titere was pretty cool its because some posters here havent even watched the fight and are already calling it controversial..

Comment

it means vazquez never belonged above lightweight. he's best suited fighting little people at lightweight. where he can have a big size and reach advantage.

if vazquez ever decides to move to jr welterweight he gets stopped by postol and UD'ed by algieri.

Comment

Working...
                    X