Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who was the better british boxer to watch, calzaghe or hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton all day. I never liked Calzaghe's style.

Comment

If i had to choose one it would be Hatton but i wouldn't pay to watch either of them tbh.

Comment

easily hatton. dirty...but knew how to punch. And he challenged himself all the way up to ATG level. Theres nothing higher.

joe was all slapping on deliberately weakened opposition until his welsh ref stopped the fight for no real reason.

Comment

calzaghe "slapped" the dog sht out of lacy.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

calzaghe "slapped" the dog sht out of lacy.
            yeh but so did 43 year old shot2utter shyt roy jones.

lacy wasnt much, strong guy though and very brave.

Dnt get me wrong -it was a good win considering it was the first time 33/34 year old JC had challenged for a major world title. When your best win before that was arguably Mario Veit.... then anything world class is a much better win,.
            Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-05-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

i think a lot of brits forget that hatton had a very mauling style and held a lot. aside from the shocker over tszyu, his better than expected performance against mayweather, and dying magnificently against pacquiao, his fights weren't particularly exciting. unless you're british. in which case they were

Comment

Hatton, id rather watch Frank Warren take a dump on my chest then watch calslappy.

Comment

Hatton was more exciting.
                  I can't stand Joes style and his flurrying, absolutely awful technique only comparable to that of an erratic drunk bird trying to claw at your face.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    yeh but so did 43 year old shot2utter shyt roy jones.

lacy wasnt much, strong guy though and very brave.

Dnt get me wrong -it was a good win considering it was the first time 33/34 year old JC had challenged for a major world title. When your best win before that was arguably Mario Veit.... then anything world class is a much better win,.
                    my point was that ppl call joe a slapper as if to say he has zero power. lacys face disagrees. and im of the opinion that the beating lacy took that night ended his career. if there is a fight that perfectly defines "unnecessary punishment" is that one. and joe became top dog at 168 with the victory and solidified his P4P status. ppl sht on the win now because lacy turned out to be nothing great but it was joes beating that robbed that man of his prime and potential.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                      my point was that ppl call joe a slapper as if to say he has zero power. lacys face disagrees. and im of the opinion that the beating lacy
                      you stand in front of someone for 40 minutes hitting you they will leave some scars, no matter if its granny smith hitting you. Noones got zero power, but joe i a notorious weak puncher.

Joe couldnt seriously hurt someone who was stopped by other moderate hitters, lacy's face proves the opposite of what you intend.
                      And really no, he wasnt going to be anything great ever. Lacy was just a tough thumper who knew how to throw it well.

Again - I will reiterate, and I really mean it, it was a good win for 33/34 year old joe, his ever attempt to win a major title.

Bit late in the game, later than many other brits who achieved it earlier like froch, reid, benn, McCrory, Hatton and even old Stuart Hall as well as many other Brits, but still a good effort by joe. Several of these guys beat a tougher american without any big hoohaa necessary, earlier and better than joe did.

Joe Cal even defended that IBF title once, a dirty bustup against Bika - but again almost all the guys above made more defences of their majors than that.
                      Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-05-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X