Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: I Can't Complain About Decision; Canelo Fought Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    GGG fought his ass off. He boxed better than I’ve ever seen him box. Not only that, he dug down deep, caught a second win, and took over the fight late. I thought he won. But, I have no problem with Canelo getting the decision. Abel throwing GGG under the bus for not following the game plan is horseshi.t. And if anybody’s performance was poor, it was Abel’s. GGG fought a great fight in spite of Abel.
    Great analysis. What I don’t get is how Canelo abandoned the body mid to late rounds. From round 3 on he had GGG huffing and puffing and completely winded like I’d never seen before. I thought he could have taken GGG out had he laid waste to his body as his body attacks were viscous and affecting GGG in a big way. I was yelling in the theatre “stay to the body!” Haha

Comment

• Did you place the bet before or after Canelo's positive test?

Honor your bets, son

Comment

• 4am? It's still only 9am- what are you doing up already lol

Comment

• Sanchez moments before this interview

Comment

• Post fight:
            GGG: “We can say a lot of things tonight, but first of all I want to congratulate Canelo, because he left this building as the champion. I feel like I’m a champion, but he also is a champion. It was a fight of two champions tonight.”

Abel: "“We appreciate all the support, but we can’t be hypocritical and stand here and complain about every damn decision we lose. Look, the judges were good judges. They saw the fight in Canelo’s favor tonight. Maybe the next time they’ll see it in our favor. But Canelo fought a great fight, you can’t take that away from Canelo.”

So GGG is a respectful boxer that acknowledges the fight was really close and he knows Canelo fought a great fight and even though he felt he won the fight, he does not act as a "cry baby". Abel reaffirms GGG position by stating it was a close fight and Both fighters are great warriors but they have to respect the decision. They just want a third fight.

I thought GGG won the fight but I am a reasonable person and I can see why people thought Canelo won the fight. At the end, the officials said Canelo won so I would like to see a third fight.
            Last edited by MachoPower; 09-16-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              Great analysis. What I don’t get is how Canelo abandoned the body mid to late rounds. From round 3 on he had GGG huffing and puffing and completely winded like I’d never seen before. I thought he could have taken GGG out had he laid waste to his body as his body attacks were viscous and affecting GGG in a big way. I was yelling in the theatre “stay to the body!” Haha
              GGG started picking some off with the elbow and a few elbow blocks looked painful to Canelo and he had to be more cautious to not break his hand. A few were full on elbow smashes to the hand. He also started landing an uppercut sometimes. It opened him up a little more to the head but GGG did a fine job of minimizing it. He adjusted very very well. Canelo has a freakish ability to take out the body punching in fighters, his blocking and timing is impressive. I remember Liam Smith being exasperated over it saying he kept picking off his body shots.

Damn it was a good fight. GGG has a lot of wrinkles to his game and credit to him for listening to Abel about them losing. Abel gave him the sense of urgency he needed and he responded like a true reigning champ and dug into the toolbox.
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-16-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MachoPower View Post
                Post fight:
                GGG: “We can say a lot of things tonight, but first of all I want to congratulate Canelo, because he left this building as the champion. I feel like I’m a champion, but he also is a champion. It was a fight of two champions tonight.”

Abel: "“We appreciate all the support, but we can’t be hypocritical and stand here and complain about every damn decision we lose. Look, the judges were good judges. They saw the fight in Canelo’s favor tonight. Maybe the next time they’ll see it in our favor. But Canelo fought a great fight, you can’t take that away from Canelo.”

So GGG is a respectful boxer that acknowledges the fight was really close and he knows Canelo fought a great fight and even though he felt he won the fight, he does not act as a "cry baby". Abel reaffirms GGG position by stating it was a close fight and Both fighters are great warriors but they have to respect the decision. They just want a third fight.

I thought GGG won the fight but I am a reasonable person and I can see why people thought Canelo won the fight. At the end, the officials said Canelo won so I would like to see a third fight.
                Where did you get this info please? Because it was really disappointing that he didn’t give a post fight interview...

Comment

• Either he's saying that to build to a 3rd fight where they can make yet another huge payday or he just doesn't wanna sound hypocritical after saying that Canelo ran during the buildup. Or a combo of both.

GGG fought great and did everything but get the KO which Abel promised on behalf of GGG if Canelo fought toe to toe. GGG didn't live up to that promise since Canelo came forward and GGG didn't stop him, still GGG fought a very good fight and clearly landed the more better shots, this is why it's never good to let anyone talk for u.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    At the end of the day the real winners are us the boxing fans. If you didn't think it was a great fight then you just a straight hater!
                    Much props to both fighters, they gave it their all and made it a great fight!
                    EXACTLY man, this right here...it was a great fight, much better than the first....enjoy your time in Vegas!

Comment

• Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
                      Where did you get this info please? Because it was really disappointing that he didn’t give a post fight interview...

It is in youtube:
                      https://youtu.be/jJF1pmu_BE4

Comment

Working...
                      X