Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo to Explore Options Once HBO Deal Expires After Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
    PBC would have to come to Canelo as they have tried 4 other times and failed, all roads leads to Ca$hnelo, he dictates and PBC, DAZN, Showtime are all slobbering/drooling over the possibility.
    True, but Oscar has had a long working relationship with Stephen Espinoza. He once worked as his legal advisor over at Golden Boy before he became President of Showtime Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
      Isn’t it GGG’s last fight with HBO as well? I think if both GGG & Canelo leave HBO than it’s probably time to pack it in. Kovalev is also done with HBO it seems like & Ward is retired. And isn’t Jacobs also done with HBO? Who do they even have left at this point?
      MAn I remeber I used to get excited for HBO boxing nights now is just meh, now I kinda hope they do bounce so I can cancel HBO and just have showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
        Doubt it DAZN and showtime will be all over the opportunity to get Canelo signed, Showtime's only time to beat HBO was with Mayweather and than Canelo on their roster. When Mayweather retired and Canelo announced he was moving to HBO, I remember Espinoza almost begging Canelo to stay. Canelo is the only one that gave Showtime's ratings over 2 million viewers (non-PPV) beating HBO's programing for those couple of years when he stay with Showtime.
        Do your research Canelo was already on HBO when Mayweather retired

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          AJ fights are on app for now on in the US, even when he fought on Showtime, he was getting terrible ratings. Crawford and Loma are with ESPN which is pretty much similar to Showtime and Fox deals. Fury's last fights have been on streamed on Showtime and will be on Showtime PPV. As for Whyte, nobody cares enough in the US to even want to show his fights. Canelo is a big name fighter that sells, GB could just do their own PPVs if they have the money, the way Top Rank has done in the past.
          The point is none of them need PBC. You can say what you want about the DAZN app but Joshua makes more than three times as much money as any PBC fighter.

His rating are for matinee hour fights here. Can't even compare that but even if you want to it doesn't matter when he makes over 20 million a fight

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
            to list them fighters show you do not a know a lot handful of fighters are making money nothing like what Naseem Hamed was making with HBO £3millon a fight with sky and HBo putting up the money
            Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. Crawford made $3 mil for Horn and now his minimums are over 3mil a fight. Joshua makes over 20 mil a fight. Loma makes well over $2 mil a fight. Canelo and GGG obviously are making over 20 mil a fight for their series. Point is none of them need PBC. Even Dillian Whyte is making a couple mil a fight and he ain't never done been a champion.

Comment

Explains why they were riding Canelo so hard. Hoping to renew a deal with Canelo and keep on milking him.

GGG is getting old, on the decline, and they see him as disposable now.

Comment

No way Canelo re-signs with HBO now!

Comment

HBO got Munguia & Superfly 4 doe.
                  But nah man, HBO Championship Boxing has been a staple in the business for a long time.

Will be messed up to see it go away.

Comment

HBO will do whatever they can to keep canelo they know he's all they got

Comment

Working...
                    X