Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double leg vs. single leg takedown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i look gor a single leg. i am a smaller guy, so i can't pick up the weight of a big boy. i got some power that i pack, so i go for 1, throw them off balance, and then work the ground.

if i go for both, i find myself struggling to get them on the ground and by that time..... i am getting clobbered by this ****, with stomach on the ground, and him getting complete back control.

Comment

no gi i like the double, but with a gi the single to me at least is better

Comment

I prefer single, because it's less vulnerable, easier against bigger guys, not as suceptible to a sprawl and quite frankly, it allows me to get into a good leg humping position after.

- m

Comment

[quote:6dd4b72cd6="Bad Boy USA"]There's no reason why you should get guillotined from a double leg it your head is buried against the hip or into the abdomen.

I don't believe there's such a thing as choosing between a single or double on any particular shoot, meaning if you do one you can't do the other. Once you secure one leg, a single can easily become a double and vice versa. Just watch out for crossfaces that'll break your neck, that's all.[/quote:6dd4b72cd6]your head shouldt be in crotch anyway,what ever knee that is up your head shoud be on that side of the thigh!
          and if were talking MMA or wrestling,they should all be set up...

Comment

i've always gone for the double. i don't compete so i'm referring to street fights. with that in mind, i'm not too worried about a guillotine.
            i just feel more in comfortable with both legs in my control

Comment

i actually got choked out for the first time in 6 months today. my own fault ****in single leg shot left my neck out. to think i taught he kid the move to.

Comment

[quote:305f8ff3cc="VulgarTheClown"]i actually got choked out for the first time in 6 months today. my own fault ****in single leg shot left my neck out. to think i taught he kid the move to.[/quote:305f8ff3cc]You tapped to a guillotine? Shame on you Ben.

Comment

i know i know.

i chalk it up to today being my firsttime training in 6 weeks. thats ok though i got him with a knee bar from my guard. and idid it well to.

Comment

No, no shame on you, at least you know what you did that gave him the advantage. You left you're neck out. So in a real fight, you remember what you did and try not to let it happen again! The experience teaches you to expect the un-expected! And, you must have taught him well.

Comment

i did.

he trained under some TJJ guy before, and is still working with him (as ma i for the mean time till i finish saving up the years worth of money for the Sileira school) andi personally think TJJ lacks alot in the fluid defend youself area.

so when my buddy came to Judo with me and we did free sparring we would work on alot of stuff like that. I taught him all sorts of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X