No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: "May 4th, whoever it is, it's going to be an exciting show"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
    To me, it seems like Floyd is really in a no-win situation with a lot of fans. No matter who he fights, they will always discredit his level of opposition. And we're talking before he even steps into the ring next year. It's really insane to think that, short of him fight both the K brothers at the same time, he will still be consider a cherry picker. In my opinion, fights against Canelo and Martinez should put that criticism to rest.
    Exaggeration....had he fought Pac (yes even a faded Pac) and fights Canelo and Martinez all that negativity people had towards him would disperse. It's his fault for going on vacations and retirements while all the top guys are busting their asses fighting each other. God forbid he fights someone that's actually top 10 p4p...

Comment

Somebody please Hatton this fool like Marquez did to Manny!! Would make my day

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Exaggeration....had he fought Pac (yes even a faded Pac) and fights Canelo and Martinez all that negativity people had towards him would disperse. It's his fault for going on vacations and retirements while all the top guys are busting their asses fighting each other. God forbid he fights someone that's actually top 10 p4p...
        The Canelo and Martinez fights are still on the table. But it seems like even if those fights happen next year and he emerges victorious in both, he won't get credit just because he didn't fight Pacquiao, faded or not. And explain to me why is Mayweather regarded as if he is still in his prime? The Cotto fight showed that he's past his best days.

I grant you that a lot of the criticism he takes is partly due to him not taking on the best at the right time (Although I'm hard pressed to think who were the best option available the last 5 years outside of Pac), but you have to admit that he is judged on a different set of standards than anyone else because he's perceived to be more talented than the rest of the guys out there. To me, that's a little unfair.

Comment

The Pacquiao fight not happening can't be placed on Mayweather alone, so to suggest "he didn't" fight Pacquiao is just pure stupidity, Pacquiao didn't fight Mayweather just like Floyd didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            oh please..."floyd and exciting" dont go in the same sentence....
            true that. mayweather probably just pumped up when he saw the action that pacquiao-marquez 4 produced

Comment

mayweather took the interview well, i mean base on his previews interviews, but few things i hate was the thing that cotto wasn't the same against. i was like LOL! pac and margarito put a beating on cotto more than u ever did before you even fought him and u said he was on his best.

40 million for me was still a deal breaker. 50 said it himself. if its not canelo or sergio, stay retired floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                mayweather took the interview well, i mean base on his previews interviews, but few things i hate was the thing that cotto wasn't the same against. i was like LOL! pac and margarito put a beating on cotto more than u ever did before you even fought him and u said he was on his best.

40 million for me was still a deal breaker. 50 said it himself. if its not canelo or sergio, stay retired floyd.
                This is true. Especially the last sentence. Not paying for a Bradley/Guerrero fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                  It wasn't the same Miguel Cotto that fought Austin Trout? Then who the fuck was that, asshole? Talk about a narcissist.

Jeez, then he spouts bullshit that Manny only made $14 million total in his last two fights because that's what the Nevada Commission reports. Hey dumbass, it says $6 million and $8 million on the report because that's what they pay Manny on FIGHT NIGHT not TOTAL.
                  Exactly...he said going based off the NSAC.......but since all the money didnt show upfront maybe you have the intimate details of the amount of Money he got on the back end?
                  Last edited by Architect; 12-12-2012, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    This is true. Especially the last sentence. Not paying for a Bradley/Guerrero fight.
                    SO who should he fight? Move to MW to fight MArtinez? You dont want him to fight the Undefeated WW champ Bradley? Canelo? Oscar has said over & over he isnt ready to make the Canelo-Mayweather fight.....

How about JMM? Maybe since JMM is a real WW that he can maybe win a round vs Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
                      SO who should he fight? Move to MW to fight MArtinez? You dont want him to fight the Undefeated WW champ Bradley? Canelo? Oscar has said over & over he isnt ready to make the Canelo-Mayweather fight.....

How about JMM? Maybe since JMM is a real WW that he can maybe win a round vs Floyd?
                      Canelo or Martinez at 154 are fine by me. Everyone wants to see Floyd take on Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X