No announcement yet.

Im sorry but of Crawford goes to 147 he needs to stay away from Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    If you can box you can take on Porter. See Brook/Thurman vs Porter. Even Julio Diaz can box a little and even came to close to beating Khan and some think he beat Porter too. Boxing is Porter's kryptonite because it's something he can't do. He can smother and ambush. He's like Jean Pascal. Look at Porter wins, guys who are above average but not all that good just decent: Malignaggi, Broner, Berto.

Crawford would outclass him, time him, maybe KD him maybe not, but he'd win. He's on a different level than Diaz, Paulie, Broner, or Berto.
    No. Crawford is too small amd npt strong enough to outclass anybody of Porter's caliber. Quit making it seem like Crawford is in this mythical class. The guy is not.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      The matador vs the bull

I'll be rooting for the matador but Porter is relentless and he would try to make it a very physical, ugly fight and rough him up. Campbell could very well be too fast and take him to school but the way Porter fight I think it's probably very difficult to find your rhythm. If that's the case Campbell could end up in a nightmare.
      I don't know how Campbell would do but Crawford would have his hands FULL. Porter would be the biggest, strongest, most relentless guy that he's ever faced.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
        lol. Crawford EASILY beats Porter.
        If Crawford was struggling with Gamboa what would a bigger stronger and Porter do to him. Lets not forget Porter is the better is a better boxer than Gamboa.

Comment

It would be a very tough match up based on Porter's style and determination/physical strength. But Crawford is quite a bit taller than Thurman so he has the height to fight Porter from a comfortable range if he stays moving which he seems capable of doing. The main thing would be how much of physical strength difference there is between them. Other than that, I think Crawford is big enough and a sharp enough puncher to keep Porter off of him at times. I probably give at least a 50-50 chance at this moment without having seen him at 147.

Comment

Everyone would have a rough time with Porter he's freaking relentless and non stop with it but that was bull****.

Comment

Crawford is not a guy that likes to fight every second, so yea Porter would cause problems for him, and Crawford would not be able to really go southpaw because they would certainly clash heads a ton.

Crawford is a better boxer but how can he keep Porter off him all the time and once Porter gets in mugging range what does Crawford do because he would not be able to tie up Porter effectively.

Both Thurman and Brook were able to clinch up and had the strength to make that work to a degree.

It would be an interesting fight, if Crawford can make it a boxing match he can easily win, but I think that is easier said than done.

Always remember Willie Pep one of the greatest technical boxers met his match in Sandy Saddler who was an excellent boxer but was rough and tumble and for all his technique Pep could really deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                I don't know how Campbell would do but Crawford would have his hands FULL. Porter would be the biggest, strongest, most relentless guy that he's ever faced.
                Haha...WTF is wrong with me. I'm not drunk or anything but where did I get Campbell from??

Comment

Porter may present some issues early on but Bud adjusts to work him over.

Comment

Man all Porter does is head butt his opponent into submission. He cant box and throw clean punches to save life. Charge in with his head and throw punches on the inside with his head positioned in his opponents face. Hes a sorry boxer and I understand why guys probably avoid fighting him.

Comment

It does not matter who fights Porter, they will be in for a rough night.

Comment

Working...
                      X