Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry but Khan's chin isn't as bad as you're all making out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost everytime I watch khan fight good opposition he's either running for his life or getting KO'd lol.

Zab no heart Judah is the only exception

Comment

I wouldn't call it an attribute......

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        his chin is not his Achilles Heel, his PRO boxing ability is...
        Yes his boxing ability is terrible.

He won every round against Mallignaggi and every round against Judah - both excellent boxers. Mallignaggi is now a world champion and Judah was coming off a close win against Matthysse (I thought Judah lost, but he took a lot of rounds off of Matthysse) and a KO against Mabuza. To say Khan has no boxing ability is just idiotic. His boxing ability is excellent, he just gets reckless sometimes because he likes to scrap and put on a good show for the fans. If Khan can add some defence to his game, his pure boxing ability is world class.

The only thing that stops current, bad defence Khan from being a top 3 p4p fighter is his chin. If he had an iron chin, he would beat all 140 pounder easy with the exception of Bradley. To put it short, Khan's boxing ability isn't a problem as you have suggested. It needs patching up, but overall, it's very good.

Comment

I don't know how people could be so ignorant, watch the 4th round, I told people that right after Garcia landed the counter left hook, in the proceeding round, 4th round, Garcia literally landed 15 overhand rights, 15, while Khan's chin ain't nearly as bad as it's being made out to be, it all falls on his shitty defense.

Jump to 1:10

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            It's bad but his poor defense makes things worse.
            How many punches did Garcia need to change the fight?

One.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              I don't know how people could be so ignorant, watch the 4th round, I told people that right after Garcia landed the counter left hook, in the proceeding round, 4th round, Garcia literally landed 15 overhand rights, 15, while Khan's chin ain't nearly as bad as it's being made out to be, it all falls on his shitty defense.

Because the knockdown punch he landed in the previous round already changed the fight.

Did you not see khan doing the chicken dance until the round ended?

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                How many punches did Garcia need to change the fight?

One.
                Yes because of a slack defence that allowed Garcia to land a powerful and perfectly timed left hook. Most fighters don't take that kind of shot clean to the chin/neck area. If Khan didn't lunge in with a silly uppercut, and had his hands up like he should have had, the punch wouldn't have been nearly as dangerous.

Comment

It's bad...if that Black woman who got uppercut on the bus chin is better than Khan's chin, it's bad.
                  Last edited by ModernTalking; 10-15-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post

Look at all these flush punches he's taking while he's hurt. I got a feeling the Khan saga will end tragically.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                      Yes because of a slack defence that allowed Garcia to land a powerful and perfectly timed left hook. Most fighters don't take that kind of shot clean to the chin/neck area. If Khan didn't lunge in with a silly uppercut, and had his hands up like he should have had, the punch wouldn't have been nearly as dangerous.
                      Or if his chin wasn't so bad, the fight wouldn't have ended there with only one punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X