No announcement yet.

Mike Alvarado is about 148 right now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    no that's nothing considering most fighters spar 3 days a week and about 6-10 rounds a day for about 5 weeks

thats 15 days of sparring and anywhere between 90 and 150 rounds

35 is miniscule but there's been a trend for less sparring more conditioning
    Crystina Poncher confirmed that this is the norm for his camps and they do less sparring to keep him fresh for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Crystina Poncher confirmed that this is the norm for his camps and they do less sparring to keep him fresh for the fight.
      I like this idea, just like Martinez. Bad enough the wars he's in already take years out of his career. No need for further damage in sparring.

Comment

I think Rios will try to make up for past sins and make weight in shape and Alvarado should be in top condition. I think the better man will win a war but I don't know who the better man is. I hope Rios redeems himself and wins.

Comment

Wow this is great really cool to see everyone really hyped fight. I cant wait for this fight ill be rooting for alvarado

Comment

I hope Alvarado shuts Rios up and knocks his ass out.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
              Whatdo you think is better?
              personally between 50-75 rounds of sparring should be fine for top level guys

if you need more you can adjust especially if you have a difficult style you're facing

anything over 100 and IMO you risk burning out

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                still not par for the course which is what my reply referred to

Comment

Well Alvarado is always in good shape and Rios' style is as simple as it gets so Im not worried about how many rounds he spars.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I like both..... But Rios is taking this one.....

Comment

Can't wait to see who the judges are. Thinking a bout putting good money on this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X