Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Seth Mitchell be brought along faster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Seth Mitchell be brought along faster?

Personally I think his team is doing a great job matching him and getting him experience. I've seen some on here who are buying into the HBO hype though without really understanding just how inexperienced he really is. Having him fight a Klit now would be the same as Pete Radamacher fight for the heavyweight championship in his first fight. In other words, career suicide. 2 or 3 more fringe contenders and than 2 legitimate top 10 fighters and if he keeps winning he should be ready. If he loses we'll know he wasn't readyanyway and its back to the drawing board.
    Yes, let him fight for a title now
    19.35%
    No, his team is bringing him along at the right pace
    80.65%

The poll is expired.

Absolutely not... I'd wait on even Arreola at this point, but he has a lot of promise.

Comment

I think they're doing a good job bringing him along.

Michael Grant was mentioned as a possibility, and I think that's a good opponent for him.

Comment

No, as evident from him almost getting knocked out by fricken Chazz Witherspoon.

To be honest, in the overall scheme of things, he probably got into boxing too late and will never be a titleist.

Comment

He's never going to beat a Klitschko, mark my words. He gets hit way too easily. I'd like to see him in two-three more fights with guys like Michael Grant, Samuel Peter, Travis Walker, Kevin Johnson, etc. Than, after that, two fights with someone like Chis Arreola, Tomasz Adamek, Alexander Povetkin, Dereck Chisora, etc. Than, a fight with Wlad in Late 2013/Early 2014 where everyone has him hyped up and than he gets beaten down and exposed as an average ehhhhh fighter, who would have been a fringe contender in the 70's and the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
            Absolutely not... I'd wait on even Arreola at this point, but he has a lot of promise.
            What do you think of the timeline I outlined..reasonable?

Comment

Hell no especially after what almost happened in the fight saturday. Mitchell has a whole whole whole lot of work to do. He is at least 2 years for being a top contending HW.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                He's never going to beat a Klitschko, mark my words. He gets hit way too easily. I'd like to see him in two-three more fights with guys like Michael Grant, Samuel Peter, Travis Walker, Kevin Johnson, etc. Than, after that, two fights with someone like Chis Arreola, Tomasz Adamek, Alexander Povetkin, Dereck Chisora, etc. Than, a fight with Wlad in Late 2013/Early 2014 where everyone has him hyped up and than he gets beaten down and exposed as an average ehhhhh fighter, who would have been a fringe contender in the 70's and the 90's.
                I agree with the your whole post.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  He has power so all it takes is one shot to KO a guy who he normally doesn't have the skills to beat, similarly to the way he beat Ibragimov, so I kind of disagree.

I think Peter would be a great fight for him to gauge where he's at, at this point and wouldn't mind seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                    No, as evident from him almost getting knocked out by fricken Chazz Witherspoon.

To be honest, in the overall scheme of things, he probably got into boxing too late and will never be a titleist.
                    That is most probable.

He would need the gift of size or extreme power to make up for his lack of Ring IQ.

If he wanted the quick shot to the top he should have went the MMA route.

Comment

Working...
                    X