Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badass316 View Post
    Here, it's only been 2 pages. Page 12
    Fighters Duran beat that are in the HOF:
    Leonard
    Palomino
    Buchanan
    Cuevas
    Fighters Duran lost to that are in the HOF:
    Benitez
    Hagler
    Hearns
    Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by badass316 View Post
      Here, it's only been 2 pages. Page 12
      You see where is said "again" meaning it was continued post. So maybe you should of kept read. And, "again" duran doesn't have a losing record to HOF'ers.

Pg 9

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Well are Jones and Toney beating prime contenders like Duran did? If not then is not more impressive now is it?

And, no Duran doesn't have a losing record against HOF'ers. He might not have a winning record. But, doesn't have a losing record either.

You just haven't studied the gam(e) long enough to know WTF you're talking about.
      ^^^"not a winning record, but doesn't have a losing record"^^^which means he's .500 no?

I mean I'm not a Floyd fan so I know, I can do basic math...can you?

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      LMAO. Read it all man. I delt with that issue already. Besides you are a boxingscene career sidekick so I'll only continue this conversation with your bosses. LMBAO

"Laughing my bitch ass off"?

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      LOL. He was gon lie too.
      Lie about what exactly?

, so stupid.

Comment

• fuk man...does jmm get cred for beating ppl like kat? People are calling fighters like kat cabdrivers that duran beat..just cause they are not hofers dont make them ****?..watch there fights man

Comment

• I actually think Duran gets overated does that mean he is not a top 10-15 fighter in my eyes? no it does not.. He is certainly greater then pacquiao though..

Pacquiao best win is Barrera.. and he hasn't fought anyone of note since Marquez except Cotto.. who people could argue was not at his peak

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            fighters Duran beat:
            -Ernesto Marcel(Duran beat him as a teenager), went on to be featherweight champ and beat Alexis Arguello(Arguello would beat Olivares shortly after)
            -Horishi Kobayashi, top fighter and former champ at 130lbs
            -Ken Buchanan, ATG lightweight
            -Guts Ishimatsu, future lightweight champ
            -Esteban DeJesus, future lightweight champ
            -Ray Lampkin, best at lightweight behind Duran
            -Edwin Viruey, top ten
            -Saoul Mamby, would desrve a decision over 140lb champ Singsurat shortly after and become 140lb champ
            -Lou Biazzaro, top ten at 140lb
            -Vilomar Fernandez, top ten at 135, would beat Arguello shortly after
            -Esteban DeJesus, best at 135lb behind Duran
            -Edwin Viruet again, top 5
            -Carlos Palomino, HOF, former WW champ
            -Joseph Nsubungu, top ten at WW
            -Ray Leonard, best at WW, arguably 2nd best WW ever
            -Pipino Cuevas, HOF, former WW champ(past prime however)
            -Davey Moore, 154lb champ, would beat Benitez by KO shortly after
            -Iran Barkley, 160lb champ, future 168lb and 175lb champ, had just beaten Hearns by KO
            -Jorge Fernando Castro, #6 at MW, Duran beat him at 45 or something years old

fighters Pacquiao has beaten:
            -Sasakul, top give at flyweight
            -Ledwaba, top five at super bantamweight
            -Marco Antonio Barrera, Pacquiaos best win no doubt, best at featherweight
            -Erik Morales, had just gotten dominated by Zahir Raheem
            -MAB again, very good win, top 3 at 130lbs
            -JMM, very good win, but controversial(at least half the boxing community had Marquez winning)
            -David Diaz, top ten
            -Ricky Hatton, best at 140lbs
            -Cotto, top 3 at WW
            -Clottey, top 5 at WW
            DLH and Marg were not top ranked in any division by the time Pacquiao got around to them.
            Man are you serious? You better address this to some of your cronies. You are really trying to use word count to sway my opinions. You left out all DLH and Margarito's accomplishments like thats fair. Bottom line, Even as a Mayweather fan I can say that the boy Pacquiao has had a phenominal career that ranks with the best of the best. I never said he was GOAT but cant knock anyone for picking his forseeable legacy over Duran.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              Man are you serious? You better address this to some of your cronies. You are really trying to use word count to sway my opinions. You left out all DLH and Margarito's accomplishments like thats fair. Bottom line, Even as a Mayweather fan I can say that the boy Pacquiao has had a phenominal career that ranks with the best of the best. I never said he was GOAT but cant knock anyone for picking his forseeable legacy over Duran.
              I think what he's trying to say is those 2 weren't ranked in the Top 10 at the weight fought at that time.

Then again neither were Palomino or Cuevas. But beating Palomino and Cuevas when Duran did is certainly better than DLH and Margarito when Pacqiauo has.

How can you not knock picking Pacqiauo though? Seriously. It's so so evident Roberto Duran has a better resume and legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                fact: DLH and Margarito were not ranked in any division when Pacquiao beat them. DLH did nothing after the Pacquiao fight, he retired after looking god awful. every one of Durans wins I listed were either top in the division when he fought them or went on to do great things.

if Margarito goes on to do anything after the Pacquiao fight, then I think its fair that I give Pacquiao credit for the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I think what he's trying to say is those 2 weren't ranked in the Top 10 at the weight fought at that time.

Then again neither were Palomino or Cuevas. But beating Palomino and Cuevas when Duran did is certainly better than DLH and Margarito when Pacqiauo has.

How can you not knock picking Pacqiauo though? Seriously. It's so so evident Roberto Duran has a better resume and legacy.
                  Palomino was the lineal champ just one fight prior to fighting Duran. he was definitely top 5 when Duran beat him.

Cuevas was not, which is why I mentioned in the list that he was indeed past prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    You see where is said "again" meaning it was continued post. So maybe you should of kept read. And, "again" duran doesn't have a losing record to HOF'ers.

Pg 9

^^^"not a winning record, but doesn't have a losing record"^^^which means he's .500 no?

I mean I'm not a Floyd fan so I know, I can do basic math...can you?
                    From what I see (again maybe I'm missing something), I have:

Duran Wins:
                    Leonard - 1
                    Palomino - 1
                    Buchanan - 1
                    Cuevas - 1

Duran Losses:
                    Benitez - 1
                    Hagler - 1
                    Hearns - 1
                    Leonard - 2

That's 4-5, not a winning record (unless I've missed someone again). And no I didn't see your post from page 9. I just saw the one post that you stated that he didn't have a losing record. At the time it stuck out to me because the only real HOFers that I thought he fought were the 3 from the fab 4 and benitez. Although BlackIrish pointed out others that I didn't know about. But even with the 3 I missed I still have him as sub .500

And lets not get into the math stuff. I can do a little basic math to say the least lol And I'm not really a floyd fan either

Comment

• blackirsish i agree with u but ur avatar sucks man

Comment

Working...
                      X