Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner the modern day James Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you okay larry???????

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumdre Ward View Post
      You're obviously just an impressionable kid who believes what they're told instead of actually looking for things by itself.
      I doubt you've watched much of James.
      It's fair to say you're wrong, miserably wrong and for all intents and purposes, YDKSAB. Keep it moving sonny, you're cramping my style.
      Last edited by McNulty; 12-21-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Broner doesn't have a great skill set though. He has great natural talent. Speed, reflexes, power, quickness. He loses because he lacks technical proficiency needed at the highest level of the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          It's fair to say you're wrong, miserably wrong and for all intents and purposes, YDKSAB. Keep it moving sonny, you're cramping my style.
          You just prove my point with this, you should actually try watching his fights and judging for yourself instead of being one of the sheep who has no opinion of their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumdre Ward View Post
            You just prove my point with this, you should actually try watching his fights and judging for yourself instead of being one of the sheep who has no opinion of their own.
            I've seen 80% of his fights.

Broner been shrinking man.

Broner started at 135 which is small for him. Knocked out Litzau at 130, I mean who goes down in weight after turning pro? Standard operating procedure is to move forward, not backward.

Even at 135, Gavin Reese was like Shirefolk lmao.

Fighters usually find a home 2 weight classes above their debut and that puts him at 147. Fool got ran out of 147 super fast.

Toney on the other hand was a smaller MW who ended up at HW and did great work along the way. Broner never beat anybody half as good as Nunn.
            Last edited by McNulty; 12-21-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
              Broner's lack of discipline outside the ring plays a big role in his performance in the ring
              yea...and the part about him thinking he's better than he actually is. idk what it is about boxing fans that we like to say "if this guy did this, then he'd be that" etc. these guys are competing at an elite level...at some point a guy finds out he's simply just not as good as other top fighters. we seem to readily accept it with journeyman level fighters, but not with fighters who we though had promise. zab Judah is another one that comes to mind. for years his apologists would blame other factors, when the fact is, he just wasn't quite at the level of the very best. if he was, he woulda been, and there'd be no need for the excuses. people act like discipline and consistency aren't part of fighting or something....like if a guy can look sharp for 3-4 rounds, there must be some other reason he couldn't reach the pinnacle of the sport. same with kovalev blaming his conditioning for his performances against ward. it seemed to work fine for all his other fights...in reality he just came up against a guy who could match him and push him to hit that next gear he probably didn't have.

Comment

• if we are being honest with ourselves, this is a diss to james toney.

broner is nowhere near as slick or defensively poised as he was!

Comment

Working...
                X