No announcement yet.

NRA Head, They “Hate Individual Freedom”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    I should've been more specific with what I meant. The Bill of Rights (The First 10 Amendments) has never been changed or touched upon since its inception and therefore is not a living document.

So yes following my logic if you change the bill of rights you are butchering the heart of the constitution.
    The 2nd was a change to the previously ratified constitution

There’s no reason whatsoever why it cannot be changed again if there’s sufficient support

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
      The 2nd was a change to the previously ratified constitution

There’s no reason whatsoever why it cannot be changed again if there’s sufficient support
      No it wasn't, stop lying, it was ratified in 1791 along with the other 9 amendments.

Good luck with getting that sufficient support, ie 2/3 of the House 2/3 of the Senate and 39 states voting in favor of the change.

Comment

Are the anti-gunners prepared for another civil and/or Revolutionary War to achieve this gun control bull****? Are you prepared to take up arms and fight to disarm people of their right to bear arms without infringement? I see a lot of you ******* talking about gun people being cowards but are you willing to nut up if the need arises?

Comment

I should've been more specific with what I meant. The Bill of Rights (The First 10 Amendments) has never been changed or touched upon since its inception and therefore is not a living document.

So yes following my logic if you change the bill of rights you are butchering the heart of the constitution.
          I honestly don't see why those would be anymore special than any others if we felt the need to alter them. I mean I get you can argue the merits of any of them for or against, but if we as a people decided we wanted to change them we have that right & power. The founding fathers made the Constitution changeable with a 2/3 vote by our houses.

If anyone "butchered", by your logic, that document I'd argue its the founding fathers who put that in as a way to alter the document. They gave us & future generations the ability to change EVERYTHING they put in it if we desired to.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            Are the anti-gunners prepared for another civil and/or Revolutionary War to achieve this gun control bull****? Are you prepared to take up arms and fight to disarm people of their right to bear arms without infringement? I see a lot of you ******* talking about gun people being cowards but are you willing to nut up if the need arises?
            Quit being the crazy person saying what no one is really saying cept pro-gun people lol.

I've not seen anyone really saying ALL guns should be gone or that people should come into your home & take guns you currently own. Thats nutty Hitler sh^t.

I'd argue certain guns should no longer be manufactured to sell to US citizens. If you got those guns now you keep them. They should have a buyback program for those guns to get some of them off the street. Maybe you would need to have to register those types of guns if you got them now. Pay some extra taxes on it like they do with cigs & Pepsi or w/e. If you get caught with one not registered you get a fine. If you get caught with one during a crime you are getting some minimum time out of the gate before whatever else crime you did gets considered, dead people or nah, loaded gun or nah.

But thats just my stance I'm sure there are plenty of people who got issues with guns that may disagree with everything I said or some of it, BUT still don't wanna see guns completely banned. Banning all guns isn't a reasonable solution.

Comment

No it wasn't, stop lying, it was ratified in 1791 along with the other 9 amendments.

Good luck with getting that sufficient support, ie 2/3 of the House 2/3 of the Senate and 39 states voting in favor of the change.
              Nope

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.livescience.com/26485-second-amendment.html

Comment

Jim if a document is living them all of it is. The founding fathers put in provisions that guide how we as a society can set our rules and values as we see fit.

Comment

You have quite a bit of patience wasting your time arguing with radical left-wingers like Eff Panda and company.

It's like arguing with a brick wall that never read a book on the issue they're advocating on.

Comment

LaPierre is one odious little goblin and the nra a cancer on America.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I honestly don't see why those would be anymore special than any others if we felt the need to alter them. I mean I get you can argue the merits of any of them for or against, but if we as a people decided we wanted to change them we have that right & power. The founding fathers made the Constitution changeable with a 2/3 vote by our houses.

If anyone "butchered", by your logic, that document I'd argue its the founding fathers who put that in as a way to alter the document. They gave us & future generations the ability to change EVERYTHING they put in it if we desired to.

In order to change the actual amendment, you not only need 2/3 votes in the senate and 2/3 votes in the house, but also 39 states to vote for it as well.

Good luck with that.

The very first words of that link say,

"The Second Amendment provides U.S. citizens the right to bear arms. Ratified in December 1791, the amendment says"
                      Last edited by JimRaynor; 02-23-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X