Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has George Groves redeemed himself in the past couple of years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has George Groves redeemed himself in the past couple of years?

He looked like a weakling vs Carl Froch, getting KO'ed twice, including one fight in front of 80 thousand fans at Wembley in the rematch.

Since then he's fought a close fight vs Badou Jack, and beat Chudinov, Eubank Jr, and Martin Murray. He also will always have a win over a DeGale.

Does he look like a more legit fighter to you again? Did he redeem himself? And do you think he can beat Ramirez?
    Yes, he lost to a very good fighter in Froch, he has redeemed himself now
    100.00%
    No, still has more to prove in my eyes
    0.00%

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    He looked like a weakling vs Carl Froch, getting KO'ed twice, including one fight in front of 80 thousand fans at Wembley in the rematch.

Since then he's fought a close fight vs Badou Jack, and beat Chudinov, Eubank Jr, and Martin Murray. He also will always have a win over a DeGale.

Does he look like a more legit fighter to you again? Did he redeem himself? And do you think he can beat Ramirez?
    Idk if you're serious or trolling so I'll take it as a serious question. The first Carl Froch fight had him dismantling Froch until the ref stopped the fight horribly near the end to give Froch the win. Froch got the 2nd one legit.

Ramirez looks basic af but has his fundamentals down. I think Groves can win a close decision against him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Idk if you're serious or trolling so I'll take it as a serious question. The first Carl Froch fight had him dismantling Froch until the ref stopped the fight horribly near the end to give Froch the win. Froch got the 2nd one legit.

Ramirez looks basic af but has his fundamentals down. I think Groves can win a close decision against him as well.
      You don't "dismantle" Froch until a stoppage. That's just how Froch fights go. Happened to Taylor, and down the stretch Andre Ward also had more issues with Froch in the tail end of their fight. You either beat Froch or not. There's no "dismantling until the KO". If you got TKO'ed, flat on your back and didn't beat the count, that means you lost, plain and simple. There's no p*ssyfooting around that. Stop it.

Comment

You don't "dismantle" Froch until a stoppage. That's just how Froch fights go. Happened to Taylor, and down the stretch Andre Ward also had more issues with Froch in the tail end of their fight. You either beat Froch or not. There's no "dismantling until the KO". If you got TKO'ed, flat on your back and didn't beat the count, that means you lost, plain and simple. There's no p*ssyfooting around that. Stop it.
        You mean he didn't beat the count he never got? Wow.

Comment

Also he was never "flat on his back". Never even went down but yeah when Froch goes down you just have to give him the benefit of the doubt right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            Also he was never "flat on his back"

Comment

This is from the rematch...guy is obviously talking about the first fight. I know that, you know that, we all know that. Why is everyone on here such a douchebag?

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                This is from the rematch...guy is obviously talking about the first fight. I know that, you know that, we all know that. Why is everyone on here such a douchebag?
                I know.

Vegemil turned a positive Groves thread into his very own Groves ball sucking thread.

Groves was laid out flat on his back by Froch. There's proof.

Groves was not "dismantling" Froch in the first fight. A KD doesn't mean you were dismantling anyone.

Comment

I know.

Vegemil turned a positive Groves thread into his very own Groves ball sucking thread.

Groves was laid out flat on his back by Froch. There's proof.

Groves was not "dismantling" Froch in the first fight. A KD doesn't mean you were dismantling anyone.
                  Agreed, troll on.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                    Agreed, troll on.
                    You fools are sensitive as ****. I actually like Groves. Get your b*tchasses out of my thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X