Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO tried so hard to push Gennady Golovkin trying to make him Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO tried so hard to push Gennady Golovkin trying to make him Manny Pacquiao

Its almost cringeworthy how HBO tries to push GGG and yet he cant even do 300k buys with all the money they put into him, Im no hating because I dont hate him, he is a nice guy and all but they tried so hard to make this guy the next lovable foreign fighter to fill Pacquiao's shoes but that Mexican style and Mexican blood pandering is kinda sad. Pac never had to pander he just fought hard and got the love of the Mexicans.

Chavez Sr has mad love for Manny

I doubt GGG would get mobbed on like this in Mexico

Who is telling GGG to say mexican style, or im mexican blood?

HBO was trying to build GGG up like another Pacquiao, same broken English and boyish personality.

Only thing is GGG doesnt have that IT factor that Pacman had.

Pacman never needed a push he was an instant attraction in America, ask anyone who watched him in the feathers, dude was fun to watch the most exciting fighter in boxing

GGG is slow, plodding, he has power but to me he is just a robot style, basic just knows how to impose his will, no defense either.

Pacquiao was dynamic people say Manny had no defense but he has defense he was very slick you dont mix it up that often and not get knocked out, Manny would always get the better if you would throw hands in close with him.

GGG just stop, you will never be an Honorary Mexican no matter how hard you try

Pacquiao earned it without forcing it or pandering, Pac is legit the only boxer today who is considered an Honorary Mexican.

GGG cant even break 125k ppv buys, Pacman was doing 350-400k buys in 2006 at a featherweight division with no publicity or social media promotion at the time just hearsay from people watching him on hbo boxing and telling people you gotta watch this guy fight he is exciting a little monster.

GGG has so much push yet how come this guy cant crack 125k buys? come on man its sad.

HBO is done.

Golovkin didn't have the dance partners Pacquiao had. You need recognizable dance partners with a decent following to make a guy into a big star.

Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Cotto, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Margarito, Mosley etc

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      Golovkin didn't have the dance partners Pacquiao had. You need recognizable dance partners with a decent following to make a guy into a big star.

That's because he was a b1tch that wouldn't move up to fight better guys

Comment

I dont know man, Mexicans will watch you regardless of who you fight they are the number one boxing fans if they like you they like you.

Roger Mayweather was the original mexicutioner and Mexicans hated that guy, they recognized his skills but Roger never was endeared to the Mexican people the way Pac has.

I honestly think HBO is trying too hard with this Mexican angle, its not working since GGG ppv buys are so low with all this mexcian style and promotion they do for GGG.

Comment

so the great chavez sr said pac dropped khan several times, washed up roach said manny dropped khan a few times but khan said pac never dropped him and it was him that was giving manny the work and he has videos to shut freddie up and he was gonna release it and this was like a year or two ago? lol........

Comment

this could be his calling. i think canelo alone is more popular than morales, barrera and marquez combine. but this whole mexican blood in him and mexican style is kinda embarrassing. fake ass mr.capone lol

Comment

Pac began boxing professionally when he was much younger, had a ton of big name opponents around his weights and was able to get a big name into the ring with him when he was 28.

Comparing the two is asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                so the great chavez sr said pac dropped khan several times, washed up roach said manny dropped khan a few times but khan said pac never dropped him and it was him that was giving manny the work and he has videos to shut freddie up and he was gonna release it and this was like a year or two ago? lol........
                Khan must be concussed like McGregor left Paulie

Comment

Nah. They knew it's not the same. Pacquiao was electric. There'll be no one like Pac for many years to come. That's why you won't see Spoon, Pacboy, etc. in GGG threads. Totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Its almost cringeworthy how HBO tries to push GGG and yet he cant even do 300k buys with all the money they put into him, Im no hating because I dont hate him, he is a nice guy and all but they tried so hard to make this guy the next lovable foreign fighter to fill Pacquiao's shoes but that Mexican style and Mexican blood pandering is kinda sad. Pac never had to pander he just fought hard and got the love of the Mexicans.

Chavez Sr has mad love for Manny

I doubt GGG would get mobbed on like this in Mexico

Who is telling GGG to say mexican style, or im mexican blood?

HBO was trying to build GGG up like another Pacquiao, same broken English and boyish personality.

Only thing is GGG doesnt have that IT factor that Pacman had.

Pacman never needed a push he was an instant attraction in America, ask anyone who watched him in the feathers, dude was fun to watch the most exciting fighter in boxing

GGG is slow, plodding, he has power but to me he is just a robot style, basic just knows how to impose his will, no defense either.

Pacquiao was dynamic people say Manny had no defense but he has defense he was very slick you dont mix it up that often and not get knocked out, Manny would always get the better if you would throw hands in close with him.

GGG just stop, you will never be an Honorary Mexican no matter how hard you try

Pacquiao earned it without forcing it or pandering, Pac is legit the only boxer today who is considered an Honorary Mexican.

GGG cant even break 125k ppv buys, Pacman was doing 350-400k buys in 2006 at a featherweight division with no publicity or social media promotion at the time just hearsay from people watching him on hbo boxing and telling people you gotta watch this guy fight he is exciting a little monster.

GGG has so much push yet how come this guy cant crack 125k buys? come on man its sad.

HBO is done.
                    He didnt have the style to be a big name star. I understand people like Oscar and Chavez became big names from allot of hard promotion. But a fighter like Floyd, Crawford, SRL have the potential to be big names. That slick, smooth style. And Crawford is more offensive minded. In his hometown, he's a riot.

GGG, super slow, decent skills, and crazy power, wasnt an exciting fighter imo. He gets KO's but it wasnt exciting KO's. And he boxes allot, which is terrible to watch. I only want to watch a boxer when they are fast af, athletic, and sharp. Seeing a slow handed guy box, is the worst thing ever. I never views GGG as exciting.

Comment

Working...
                    X