No announcement yet.

how successful has haymon and the pbc been so far.... be honest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how successful has haymon and the pbc been so far.... be honest

I'll admit I really am no fan of uncle al.. simply because he's blocked some big fights I've wanted to see. seeing as we have more free boxing this week on fox it's made me think how successful has the pbc been so far. for us hardcore fans it's great because there's more boxing on the tube but are the casuals really catching on? do they really even care?let's here your responses and o btw doesn't that Charles Martin guy really suck... I mean can you believe a fighter that terrible with that horrendous skill set is a heavyweight champ? I mean really
    5 stars
    7.81%
    4 stars
    18.75%
    3 stars
    32.81%
    2 stars
    21.88%
    it's been terrible
    12.50%
    damn that Charles Martin dude is terrible.... what a fn joke
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

At the mid-level - A+....boxing on regularly, several great action fights, exposure for prospects. Fights on FS1, Spike and Bounce have been home run hitters.

At the elite level - C-...poor matchmaking, ratings don't justify purses, over marinating fights

Comment

When my buddy who actually likes boxing, but isn't a hardcore fan, first saw PBC on T.V. It was when Wilder Fought on PBC.

He asked me why Wilder was fighting on some 3rd rate boxing program on tv with a bunch if bums, and not fighting on HBO.

This is when I realized the average fan cant tell the difference between ESPN Boxing and PBC. In his mind if it wasn't hbo or Showtime than it was low level boxing programming.

And I knew than & there, PBC Would be a failure.

Comment

From across the pond, looks average.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          When my buddy who actually likes boxing, but isn't a hardcore fan, first saw PBC on T.V. It was when Wilder Fought on PBC.

He asked me why Wilder was fighting on some 3rd rate boxing program on tv with a bunch if bums, and not fighting on HBO.

This is when I realized the average fan cant tell the difference between ESPN Boxing and PBC. In his mind if it wasn't hbo or Showtime than it was low level boxing programming.

being honest that damn hbo makes pbc look cheap and 2nd class... the presentation has a big thing to do with it.

Comment

A year in and there is definitely room for improvement. But it's not unfixable and its nowhere near as horrible as some boxing "fans" would have you believe

Comment

I gave it 2 stars more boxing but as a marquee top level boxing supplier its fails.

Its basically boxnation for the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                At the mid-level - A+....boxing on regularly, several great action fights, exposure for prospects. Fights on FS1, Spike and Bounce have been home run hitters.

ts
                There was the same amount of boxing before pbc. You just chose not to watch.

Comment

3 stars for me. Some of the fights are pretty good but there are so many cards on that I don't try to catch them all and the ones that I miss aren't really known names. It's like the game is to saturate the entire TV market with boxing but it's spread out so much that it isn't really associated with anything. If I was a casual catching fights on Spike TV and that was the only PBC card that I saw, I wouldn't make a strong connection to PBC. You know, it's like they say PBC but no one really knows what PBC is, there is not consistent name or image to associate with it.

If they stuck with one network and put quality cards on, say twice a month and let that play out for a year with a popular face to tie into it as the "front man", I think they could start to establish a strong following with casuals. But the fights have to be good, all the time. You can't short change the fans, you have to deliver the gusto. Also, they need to have some type of build up show for the fights to help the people watching get more background info on the boxers, give them a reason to get excited for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    From across the pond, looks average.
                    Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
                    being honest that damn hbo makes pbc look cheap and 2nd class... the presentation has a big thing to do with it.
                    And this is a BIG problem I see with it as well. The production quality looks very subpar compared to the "big box" counterparts.

Comment

Working...
                    X