Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sergio Martinez guilty of picking on fighters smaller than him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
    I never said cherry picker did I? The arguement was I wanted to highlight Martinez options at 168 or 175 instead of being obssessed with fighting people who clearly cannot make the weight he wants
    Manny and Floyd can't make 154? haha wtf?

Comment

i dont consider pacquiao a fully fledged jr middle, neither do I with Floyd. And Martinez will probably leave Jr Middle behind. At the age he's at I can understand him wanting to fight Floyd or Pacman, but hes got no chance getting Floyd to and Pacquiao is unlikely to want any part of it either. Martinez could fight at 168 and be successful I believe. If he could get in with the mix of whats going on at 168 he could pick up another belt

Comment

i dont consider pacquiao a fully fledged jr middle, neither do I with Floyd. And Martinez will probably leave Jr Middle behind. At the age he's at I can understand him wanting to fight Floyd or Pacman, but hes got no chance getting Floyd to and Pacquiao is unlikely to want any part of it either. Martinez could fight at 168 and be successful I believe. If he could get in with the mix of whats going on at 168 he could pick up another belt
        Then he shouldn't fight for a title at 'Jr Middle' then should he?

If he's going to get a so called title there then when the best option at that weight offers him a fight there to which he suddenly becomes to small for it, he simply shouldn't fight there.

Otherwise that's makes his title there unlegit, Oh wait..

Comment

Now before the martinez brigade kick off, i am a fan or sergio. but the arguement that he should be fighting pacquiao is just ludicrous. Why is he looking down at a 147lber when he could look 8lbs north and take on someone larger in a another weight division? He cant expect Mayweather or Pacman to come up and meet him at 160, or even 154lb in Pacmans case. Why doesnt he wait for the semi finals of the super six to end and go for the losers? its two faced to complain pacquiao and mayweather wont fight him when theres 13lbs difference, but if he was to go up 13lbs himself and fight Dawson or Pascal at LHW or the very least go to SMW, he'd most likely get his arse handed to him on a plate. Its not like theres not much money in these fights, a Martinez v Bute or Martinez v Kessler even would be bankable exciting fights.

Martinez should be looking upwards, not down.

Discuss
          delajoyo started the bull**** about fighting smaller guys. SSM, PBF and even as low as PACQUIAO. And seeing the money, the commissions sanctioned those fights, and the public accepted as well (after all it was delajoyo) who lost to all 3, twice to SSM. So NOW don't b*tch about other fighters doing the same ****. What's good for the fishnet is good for the real fighter!!!!

Comment

Allow me to understand your point of view....

Did I read the title correctly?

Are we talking the same Martinez that took on massive Paul Williams, bigger Kelly Pavlik, taller Dzinziruk, etc?

The career welter/JMW?

LMFAO ROFL!!!!!!

"You're crazzzie man" (Will Ferrell voice from Old School after darting himself)

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              hates gone hate..sergio has people shook and finding and excuse to trach him..he was ok till he called out manny now hes a bad guy??
              Every boxer is ok until they become a threat to their hero.

Comment

Manny and Floyd would be big money fights for him but yes they are too small and even as a Sergio fan I couldn't give him full credit for beating either, he hasn't fought them and has fought guys his own size and bigger so no problems yet really.

Comment

the argument I tried to put forward was of Martinez calling out Pacquiao and Mayweather, who are significantly smaller, when he could go to 168lb or even 175lb for bankable fights.

Is everyone on here so unbelievably pedantic and on a wankfest over Martinez that they can't see an objective point being made?
                  Must I remind you that YOU WROTE THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Weight is WEIGHT!!!! nothing more nothing less! If Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather have the NERVE to step into Sergio's territory they should have no problem fighting him. Particularly in Pac's case. He stole the Belt in a way that I have never before seen. How either man was justified to fight for that belt in November is beyond anyone... So lets get this straight... We are supposed to be ok with Pacquiao fighting for THE 154 lb limit belt at 146lbs while holding his unworthy at JMW opponent to 150 lbs... Got it. On top of which we are out of OUR minds for demanding that he fight the ACTUAL champion at 154, even though he was a "champion" at "154" in his very last fight... We are crazy for demanding thattttttttt!!!!

Comment

eeerr let me shed some light on this topic but..

Did I read the title correctly?

Are we talking the same Martinez that took on massive Paul Williams, bigger Kelly Pavlik, taller Dzinziruk, etc?

The career welter/JMW?

Comment

He's a natural JMW... So no.

Comment

Working...
                      X