No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Filipinos Don't Support 'No Pay-Per-View' Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
    Donaire was not born in any part of America; North or South. He was born in the Phillipines. That makes him Phillipino! Just FYI.
    he lives here, makes money here and has citizenship here hes american.

Comment

Why do Americans try to claim Donaire?

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        lmao!! give the asians back tiger woods!
        Woods has only ever been an American. born, raised, only a citizen of the good ol USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Because he's an American citizen?

Comment

lmao!! give the asians back tiger woods!
            LOL

I wish chappelle would've never left, that dude was the man.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              Woods has only ever been an American. born, raised, only a citizen of the good ol USA.
              u missed the joke...and i kno btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                Donaire was not born in any part of America; North or South. He was born in the Phillipines. That makes him Phillipino! Just FYI.
                Doesn't mean much. He grew up here. A naturalized citizen and even went to the Olympic trial trying to represent the U.S. Donaire should have been catering to the American audience all along. There is such a thing as Filipino-American him being one and countless others here in the U.S.

As an American, I will support him. It is not like Filipinos in the Philippines will be buying his PPV fight here anyway. Who supports Donaire will most likely fall under the shoulders of the American audience. So, Filipinos threatening that they will not support him is ridiculous and a non-issue. Also, I don't even think the majority of the general Filipinos (public) care who Donaire's promoter is.

Comment

same reason we claim arnold schwarzenegger

Comment

u missed the joke...and i kno btw.
                    you missed my joke too.

I should have included a picture. it would have made it more obvious.

Comment

Nobody will ever recieve that kind of love again, but he recieves VERY little support from his own people

And i think they are threatened by Donaire taking attention away from Pac
                      Who is they? I don't think any Filipino in the next 20-50 years would be able to take the attention away from Manny. lol.
                      Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      he lives here, makes money here and has citizenship here hes american.
                      And this is sadly why he doesn't get as much support. He's built up his career in the United States but nobody in America cares about the lower weight classes. He's starting to get more media exposure in the Filipino Channels though...

Comment

Working...
                      X